Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-04-2016, 08:13 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Entrance Door Adjustment

Is there a way to adjust the entrance door on a 2017 CS? I hear the wind and road noise like it needs to be adjusted inward. It shuts a lot easier than my 2015 Anthem did. Thanks in advance for any help.

2015 Anthem 44SL
2017 Cornerstone 44B
2016 Escalade
skiddut is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-04-2016, 08:21 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
I have been fighting door wind noise for 2 years. There are several adjustments, seals, insulation that can cause wind noise. I nor Entegra have been able to correct mine yet.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 08:44 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
That sucks that they can't find the issue with your extra noise. It seems to me that the door on mine just needs to be pulled in a little tighter. When it is shut you can push on it and it seems to have a little play in it. I have taken the 4 screws off the latch and can't see where there is any adjustment to be made.
Old 12-05-2016, 08:59 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiddut View Post
That sucks that they can't find the issue with your extra noise. It seems to me that the door on mine just needs to be pulled in a little tighter. When it is shut you can push on it and it seems to have a little play in it. I have taken the 4 screws off the latch and can't see where there is any adjustment to be made.
You can loosen the bolt that the door fastens on and move it in slightly. It's the bolt that you hang your arm or clothes on going in and out the door.
Misty123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 10:21 AM   #5

In my experience with wind noises In motorhomes can be tricky .. especially the door area.. I would suggest a good caring Rv shop. Caring being the key word.. as it can be a 2 man job with lots of test driving and eliminating one possible cause until it's gone.. some techs cannot simply do this and some shops won't take the time to do this... and what you hear others simply don't...
being u gotta 17 model I would hold Entegra to getting it right .. I have a 14 and have a small amount of wind noise in my drivers side window ,, at my pdi it was on my list and I got it back with no improvement .. paperwork said they replaced the seal but obviously they did not test drive it and confirm the repair as I feel it's still there... as I said it's a process and elimination task that many won't do.. good luck
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 10:30 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
We had periodic wind noise until we learned, thanks to this forum, that we periodically closed the door incorrectly. Our morning departure checklist includes a coach and toad light check and toad rolling check. Since I was in gear and ready to leave I would just apply the brake until DW got in then I learned the transmission needs to be in N and park brake on for the door to seal correctly. A good slam is also required.

Vance & Robin
Dexter and Winston - Old English Sheepdog Security Service
2014 Entegra Anthem 42DEQ
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 11:04 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Also try closing the door hard to engage the "second" door latch. Oops Vance already said that.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 11:05 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
I had similar noises from the area around the door. It turned out to be an improperly sealed stairwell area. A gap of about 1/2 inch gap between the stairwell frame and the base of the upper stair.
Les1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 12:32 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
If you have the PTL door there is an adjustment covered on the Entegra website under owner manuals. The striker adjustment involves removing the striker bolt and the inner workings via the black plastic PTL cover plate on the inside of the door frame and then rotating the star wheel clockwise or counterclockwise depending on whether you want to tighten or loosen the seal.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 06:21 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
I just located the instructions for the door adjust. I'll give it a try. Thanks.

2015 Anthem 44SL
2017 Cornerstone 44B
2016 Escalade
Old 12-05-2016, 11:41 PM   #11

ALSO. my window needed caulking THe large door window all the way around stopped 95 percent of noise
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door