Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-13-2018, 04:22 PM   #1

Entry door air lock

After having sat for about five months our first day on the road was rather noisy with wind noise from the door. Seems the air lock is not working. I hear a click from the door when I push the yellow knob in and a click from the door when I pull it out. I recall hearing a different sound before like something tightening up. We stopped several times and inspected the seal and couldn't find anything abnormal in it's appearance. I really have no idea how the thing works so I'm not sure what I'm looking at. I have cleaned the contacts in the door jam before. Somehow I don't think that is it.

Anyone got any experience with the door seal?
DoggieDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-13-2018, 04:28 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
This post by Stu was excellent. His attachment should solve the problem. I have it saved everywhere. http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/entr...ml#post4445448
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 08:02 PM   #3
PJL

Did you by chance release the parking brake prior to firmly closing the door? When we depart, DW is outside doing a light check on the toad. If I release the parking brake prior to her getting back in the coach and firmly closing the door, we will experience significant wind noise. This is because releasing the parking brake activates the air lock (raising the post on the frame) prior to it catching the corresponding receiver on the door. Thus when the door closes, the seal is not proper. If I make the mistake of releasing the parking brake prior to the door being firmly closed (and we know this due to the wind noise), I simply pull over, engage the parking brake, open and re-close the door, then release the parking brake and drive off. Wind noise disappears. May not be your issue, but thought I’d share my experience.
Old 10-13-2018, 11:21 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Robert,

With the entry door open release the parking brake and see if the plunger moves up. Reset the parking brake and see if it moves down. If the movement is correct and fine perhaps the plunger frame (4 allen screws) needs moving in ever so slightly to get a tighter fit.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 04:16 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757driver View Post
Robert,

With the entry door open release the parking brake and see if the plunger moves up. Reset the parking brake and see if it moves down. If the movement is correct and fine perhaps the plunger frame (4 allen screws) needs moving in ever so slightly to get a tighter fit.

I did just that and the knob on the door jam goes up and down. I took a piece of paper and placed it in the door where knob and the hook are and closed the door. I could easily pull the piece of paper out. I believe that the door has sagged to a point where the knob on the door jam does not insert into the hook on the door. The next thing is to figure out how to fix a sagging door. Or adjust the parts to make up for the sag.
Old 10-14-2018, 04:34 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
This document from Entegra: https://www.entegracoach.com/uploads...r%20Manual.pdf is a wealth of information about the door. It has pictures and descriptions of how the air lock works. It has pictures and descriptions of how to adjust the door latch. It has pictures and descriptions of a logical sequence to troubleshoot wind noise issues.

The first 16 pages address the TriMark system.

Pages 17 - 28 address the door latch adjustment.

The air lock and wind noise info begins on page 29.

Take care,
Stu
Old 10-14-2018, 06:30 PM   #7

Sorry I cannot find anything in that document that covers adjusting a sagging door. The document covwers adjustments if the door is not closing correctly which is different. This door has been open and close thousands of times. (Full timing you know.) The hinges I am sure are worn. I need to know if I should put shims under the hook on the door, adjust the hinges in some way, or is there another remedy.
Old 10-14-2018, 06:54 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggieDaddy View Post
Sorry I cannot find anything in that document that covers adjusting a sagging door.
Hi Robert,

Are the Air Lock Post and Air Lock Catch (page 31) worn or loose? Can you adjust the Air Lock Post plate (page 32) to snug up the fit?

I'm pretty sure that I'd be real careful about messing with the hinges. The door looks pretty heavy and unwieldy to fiddle with by myself.

Good luck.

Take care,
Stu
Old 10-15-2018, 09:21 AM   #9

I'm going to attempt to shim the "Bevel Block" by cutting some hard plastic pieces in the same shape. I looks like there is already some kind of shim under it.
Old 10-15-2018, 09:33 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
I'm going to attempt to shim the "Bevel Block" by cutting some hard plastic pieces in the same shape. I looks like there is already some kind of shim under it.
Robert,

Don’t go too thick on the shim. Make sure there is room for the extra thickness when the door is closed so as not to bend the inside frame of the door jamb.

Old 10-15-2018, 09:57 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757driver View Post
Robert,

Don’t go too thick on the shim. Make sure there is room for the extra thickness when the door is closed so as not to bend the inside frame of the door jamb.
There is plenty of room. The roller on about 1/2 inch thick and it's missing the block. It appears that only about 1/8 inch of the roller was hitting the block to start with according to the wear marks. I think I could put a 1/4 inch in there without a problem.
Old 10-15-2018, 11:35 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
There is plenty of room. The roller on about 1/2 inch thick and it's missing the block. It appears that only about 1/8 inch of the roller was hitting the block to start with according to the wear marks. I think I could put a 1/4 inch in there without a problem.
Wow, 1/8” that is not much to catch. Sounds like you have plenty of room.

Old 10-15-2018, 06:31 PM   #13

Shimmed the Bevel block and the roller each an 1/8 inch. 1/4 inch total. After an in place test it sounds like it is connecting and drawing in the door. We'll see what is happening when we move on Thursday.
Old 10-15-2018, 08:33 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Hi Robert,

Sounds like success!

Take care,
Stu

Tags
air, door, entry door