Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-24-2022, 04:29 PM   #1

Entry Steps Help

Steps are deploying in and out while underway?? Any thoughts?? What sensor/button on door tells the steps to close when Ignition on and door closed?

Thoughts?

Pat
Motang is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-24-2022, 04:48 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Steps come out every time you open the door, ignition on or off. Steps will close when you close the door unless you toggle the entryway switch. Steps will come in when door is closed and ignition is on, no matter switch position.
All the above assume everything is working correctly.
Later...
Ray
RayandWendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 05:23 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motang View Post
Steps are deploying in and out while underway?? Any thoughts?? What sensor/button on door tells the steps to close when Ignition on and door closed?

Thoughts?

Pat
Hi Pat, I'll presume that "Steps are deploying in and out while underway??" is a statement of the problem that you're having, rather than a question.

The likely problem is that there's a problem in the circuit that senses that your entry door is closed. If that circuit senses that the door is open, the steps will deploy. Here's a .pdf that contains helpful troubleshooting techniques:

Kwikee Troubleshooting.pdf

That door closed sensor is a magnetic switch in the lower forward door frame. See Fig. 2 on page 7 for more info.

Take care,
Stu
Old 02-24-2022, 05:36 PM   #4

in other post...

Not in my own experience. The sensor for the steps is activated by the screen door, not the main door. Probable have an issue with your sensor. I believe on mine it's on the hinge side. I would start there. Others could be more helpful.
Old 02-24-2022, 07:20 PM   #5

There are contacts on the hinge side door jam. Clean them. When the door is closed there is contact and the steps come in, when the door is open there is no contact and the steps go out. They may be losing contact when you are traveling which is causing the steps to go out. Clean the contacts both on the jam and on the door.
DoggieDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 04:42 AM   #6

Pull it out screw on wire may be loose. Also clean the both plungers.
Poppedclams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 05:30 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
C310 posted a few years ago that the wire crimps behind the door magnetic switch were loose causing problems. Worth checking.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 05:54 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Here is another post from Voltdoc explaining the switch location and test that can be preformed. https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/sta...ml#post5283716
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 07:54 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggieDaddy View Post
There are contacts on the hinge side door jam. Clean them. When the door is closed there is contact and the steps come in, when the door is open there is no contact and the steps go out. They may be losing contact when you are traveling which is causing the steps to go out. Clean the contacts both on the jam and on the door.
Bingo! I had the same problem and cleaning the door contacts solved it.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 08:17 AM   #10

I had a problem with mine and found the wires kinked behind the magnet as Chuck had posted. Once you get a new magnet, drill the hole a little deeper to allow room for the wires. On my coach the magnet in on the latch side of the door about 6 inches up. The wires on my coach run out of a bundle of wires in the wheel well, through the frame and then to the magnet. They may have changed this in the latter years.
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 05:45 PM   #11

OK, I replaced the controller today. I found no issues with the door sensor or associated wiring. So far so good.
Motang is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
steps