Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-17-2021, 11:34 AM   #1

Esteem bed question

I'm researching the "better C" and am considering the Entegra Esteem but unfortunately there are none close by to look at. Before I drive a couple hundred miles I'd like to know what I expect to see. My question deals with the Esteem 27U. That's the shortest one and at what I would want as maximum length. From the floor plan and pictures it has what I'm looking for except the bed. I don't want an RV king and will get a queen, RV queen IF I have to settle on it though. The question is whether it can easily be transformed to a queen width. On many 5th wheel the bed is a plywood platform on a framed up box support so going to a queen is easy with a little carpentry work. Is this the same with the Esteem? Also is this a "fold a bed" type and is there any chance a residential queen mattress would fit? Residential 4 inches longer 60x80. I have a call in to the factory about ordering with the queen but waiting on call back. This venue might be faster.
chunker is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-17-2021, 07:40 PM   #2

Pretty sure it is folding mattress. Pretty much any class c that has the bathroom in the rear with the bed on a slide out like this one was folding. For us that’s a deal breaker. In the end that’s why we went with the longer unit. Good luck in your search.

Enjoy the journey
Old 02-17-2021, 08:03 PM   #3

Jump over to this post

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f87/entegra-class-c-quality-525030.html

Entegra Class C Quality
twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 06:23 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper2020 View Post
Pretty sure it is folding mattress. Pretty much any class c that has the bathroom in the rear with the bed on a slide out like this one was folding. For us thatís a deal breaker. In the end thatís why we went with the longer unit. Good luck in your search.

Enjoy the journey
Same problem I'm having. I traveled 5 years in a 40' DP with tons of room, lots CC, and high quality to boot. I'm not going to find what I want in a 26-28' C so I'm having to look bigger. I don't want to go as big as the super C as that eliminates some of the places I want to go.

The answer to my original question about the 27U bed is it's a "break a bed" and there are no options to order without the RV king. 2 deal breakers for me.
chunker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 06:36 AM   #5

Having been in a four Esteem models lately, I really wanted the 27U to work for me as I really did want the King...Yes, I had hiccups with the all in one cramped bathroom but my one concern was could I get into the bed and sleep while my wife was driving and the answer was yes if you snaked your way in sideways on the upper portion and laid in it crossways..The real problem for me is I am retired Navy and my back is trashed and in my 5th wheel, I had to get a custom mattress. You MUST get a folding bed in order for the slide to close unless you wanna custom order some mattress less than 60" in length in which case, your feet will hang off..I believe the folding RV queens are 74" and not sure you can even find a folding one that comes to a full 80 but keep in mind, the plywood they put down never goes the full length and if you were to special order one longer, it is gonna make it even more difficult in walking around the bed when the slide is out..In the end, we loved the Esteem product so much we just ordered the 29V even though I am gonna modify relocation of the TV...
rbev2308 is offline   Reply With Quote