Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-04-2015, 09:51 PM   #1

Everything going haywire

I bought my 2014 44 DLQ coach a few months ago used with 5,000 miles. Having all kinds of problems. Last weekend a check engine light comes on. I call spartan after giving them the code they said it has something to do with the fuel rail and needs immediate attention. So I make an appointment with Cummings and on my way to drive the coach to them everything starts going haywire. All kinds of alarms going off the complete gauge cluster shutting off and coming back on. It was telling me the DEF was empty after I just filled it. Two minutes later it would read full.

Camping world has already fixed the a lot of issues and I am taking the coach to Middleberry next month before the warranty runs out. I absolutely love the coach and Entegras customer service has been excellent. I am however pretty nervous owning this coach after their warranty runs out next month. From all the research I have done these coaches are very well built and I am for whatever reason having far more problems than most owners. I hope this is not going to continue. This coach by far is a better coach to drive than anything I have ever owned. I am not discouraged I would get anpther Entegra someday as long as the customer service is as good as it has been. But having all of these issues sure is frustrating
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-04-2015, 09:53 PM   #2

Stupid question, when I get to Middleberry next month I am going to probably need to use the basement to heat. Can someone please tell me how to operate that?
Old 11-04-2015, 10:07 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand5599 View Post
Camping world has already fixed the a lot of issues
Are you within 250 miles of an Entegra dealer?

I have not heard great things regarding the service at CW.
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 10:11 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand5599 View Post
Stupid question, when I get to Middleberry next month I am going to probably need to use the basement to heat. Can someone please tell me how to operate that?
No such thing as a stupid question. There is a separate thermostat for the Basement located in the basement (mine is on the passenger side rear wall of the basement). Your AquaHot system needs to be on in order for the basement thermostat to have effect. Maybe you'll get lucky. It has been 70+ degrees every day in Middlebury this week.
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 11:49 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Had a similar issue with the instrument cluster shutting down and alarms going off when I first got my Cornerstone. Ended up being as simple as a loose connector. While I am not sure, your original fault could be related. As the always say, "Start with the simple stuff!" Once my connector was tightened all faults vanished and have not reoccurred in 13,000 miles
Crippsfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 12:28 AM   #6

I would avoid camping world or your likely just going to have more problems caused by the attempt to repair. Use the Entegra forums to locate good experienced technicians that have earned the good reputations. With 5k on the odometer I would think the bugs are worked out but you may have a ground or loose wire connection causing your electrical problem.
IASM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 04:12 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
The problems you describe sound like Cummins or Spartan issues. I believe you have a 5 year warranty from Cummins and Spartan vs the 2 years with Entegra.

Unless the outside temperature gets down to the low 20's F or below you should not need to use basement heat. Just using the regular "gas" heat setting on your coach throws a bunch of heat into the basement and you only need to keep it above freezing.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 05:40 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
I have also had major problems with my Entegra. A trip to the factory and the Entegra items were correct.

Spartan is another great company with great CS, but lousy parts suppliers. I have been in and out of Spartan shops since purchasing the MH new and now waiting for a radiator replacement.

Like others have said, find a real RV service dealer that hires professionally RVIA trained RV Techs. Most at CW have no training and are not qualified. Or a good mobile service in your area. One thing nice about mobile, they come to you, if you don't like there work, you can ask them to leave, you still have the keys. Just my experience.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 06:46 AM   #9

Jason

You are not the only person who has had lots of "issues" with an Entegra.... much of the time, my issues were actually with Spartan or Cummins. Luckily, the issues that you talk about primarily are Spartan issues and you have a three year warranty on the Spartan chassis (at least on my 2015, that is the period), and a 5 year warranty on the Cummins (again, on my 2015, but I assume on your also). My problems with a Diesel Particulate Filter (muffler) and sensor circuit drove me absolutely to wits end within the first 4 months of ownership that I was close to giving up, before I finally got enough brain power at Cummins and Spartan working on the problem to figure out the solution. Just gotta keep at it! The Christmas tree of lights on the cluster can also be a result of a software issue on Spartans. One s"oftware-flash" (program update) that Spartan did on my coach started flashing every light and alarm that I had on my coach until they updated the software with a newer version. Was crazy for a while. The fact that it comes and goes quickly tells me that another owner's guess that it is a connection is probably close to the truth, and once that connection is found, that set of problems will go away.

A return to the factory will help a lot. I am impressed with how you are handled in Middlebury. You can easily have problems within 10 miles of leaving Middlebury, there are no guarantees, but you are dealing with techs who really DO KNOW what they are doing, most of the time, and are paid to make you, the owner, as happy as they can.

Good luck. Hang in. As they say, all coaches have "issues" and some more than others.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 08:05 AM   #10

I guess it's the luck of the draw. The 2014 Anthem 44dlq I traded on the Cornerstone was in great shape. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 12:31 PM   #11

I had a similar problem in August. Check my post dated 6 Aug 15, DEF failure. It was a 5 amp fuse located back by the DEF tank. Took days to get if fixed.
hikndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 12:55 PM   #12

Spartan Chassis
Jason, I would bet that your coach has not been used in a few months. Being a 2014 with only 5000 miles it has never been used much. These things like to be used and they are a lot happier when rolling down the road. We just finished a 5 month 7000 mile trip in ours and the longer we were gone the less little problems I experienced. When we started my "christmas tree" was doing weird things, all gauges would intermittently go to zero except speedo, and some of the smart wheel switches didn't work. Today everything is working normally!

I would start "jiggling" all connectors coming from the instrument panel and watch to see if any one of them made any changes. My money is on a loose ground or corroded connector. Also pull and reset all fuses associated with the
"christmas tree"and remove and clean all connections and battery terminals.

Is the check engine code still active?

I agree with the other comments about CW maintenance capabilities. I haven't had much luck with them either. That being said if you have had good luck with your CW you might want to stay with them. Finding a knowledgeable RV mechanic can be very difficult.

If you would rather not go through all that hassle and would like to trade for a 2004 Travel Supreme that has all the bugs worked out just let me know. I would gladly assume your problems!
2023 F-150 Towed
rag_ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 11:02 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
FYI

The Factory at Middlebury, IN is less than 100 mi from the Spartan plant in Charlotte, MI. They gave 50 amp hookups at Spartan and do all kinds of work. I'd call them up and take your coach from Middlebury straight to Spartan and get your chassis problems fixed, even if you had to drop your coach and fly/drive come back for it. A lot of folks do just that. Call Spartan CS!
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 10:58 PM   #14

After two trips they seem to have found a problem. Not sure if it's the problem, I guess I will find out this weekend ��