Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-13-2017, 08:50 AM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Excessive Rebound in new Anthems/Aspires/Insignias???

Are you experiencing excessive REBOUND in your K-2 Chassis?

Do you have multiple occasions where you get LOW AIR warnings?

I’d like to get a feel for how widespread this is.

You should call Spartan EACH TIME you get a low air warning to create a record for your rig.

It was actually making the DW become nauseous. I changed to the Koni shocks, but it is still happening. There is a Shrader valve on the air governor, and mine reads 124 psi.

Please report on the K-2 Chassis only.

Pat Bauer
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-13-2017, 10:39 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmpbauer View Post
Are you experiencing excessive REBOUND in your K-2 Chassis?

Do you have multiple occasions where you get LOW AIR warnings?

I’d like to get a feel for how widespread this is.

You should call Spartan EACH TIME you get a low air warning to create a record for your rig.

It was actually making the DW become nauseous. I changed to the Koni shocks, but it is still happening. There is a Shrader valve on the air governor, and mine reads 124 psi.

Please report on the K-2 Chassis only.

Pat Bauer
I'm getting a Low air warning on multiple occasions, and it does rebound excessively. I haven't changed to the Koni shocks yet, due to looking for a new coach.
flynia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 07:37 PM   #3

Pat, what are you seeing on your gauges when you get the LOW AIR warning? We’ve had quite a few LOW AIR warnings and one actual LOW AIR when the compressor quit. On the other occasions I haven’t seen the gauge indication match the aural warning. Our coach has been to the shop 3 times on this and we’ve recently replaced the air module that feeds PSI to the gauges. Time will tell if that cures things.

Your governor pressure is right where it needs to be, 124 PSI is only 1 PSI lower than what Dave at Spartan told me to set in my Rube Goldberg air system when I had the air pump fail.

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 08:21 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Have had two low air pressure warnings. Have not had any in the last 6000 miles, just under 13K total on odometer now.
Ready2Travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 04:36 AM   #5

We have had two low air pressure warnings on our 2017 Anthem 44B. The last one was about 3,000 miles ago. We have about 14,000 miles on the odometer now.
Old 11-15-2017, 04:59 AM   #6

Currently 19K miles on the coach. Never had low air warnings, but we use to have excessive bounce and/or porpoising. During our 44 point inspection at Spartan, our mechanic found that our ride height was out. Had them readjust ride height and now coach rides extremely smooth and no excessive bounce/rebound/porpoising....I also work to maintain proper tire inflation based upon our coach weight.
Flanz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 06:25 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
No excessive rebound either before or after the Koni's

Low air warnings about 7 so far in 12000 miles. Mine appear to be completely random and are short term (2 or 3 seconds) with the Message Center displaying LOW AIR and the alarm sounding. Both air gauges are normal and do not budge during the warning. No change in the ride or handling before, during or after the warning. No codes are recorded. Appears to me that it is just a false alarm. Not sure if that is the same as what everyone else is describing.

Spartan could not find any issues or duplicate the problem so they replaced the Message Center (they call it an LMC). Since then I have had a few more of the warnings so that was just a shot in the dark.

My guess for the symptoms I am seeing is some minor anomaly in the CAN bus or a sporadic sensor somewhere. The errors are very infrequent so very difficult to troubleshoot.
voltdoc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 06:40 PM   #8

Rob, while the LMC is certainly a possibility, with your history they should immediately swap out the air gauge module. I’m not sure what the name is but it takes the raw air pressure and translates that pneumatic pressure to the gauges.

We recently changed ours and it hasn’t messed up in 1000 miles. Additionally the displayed pressures seem a bit higher overall, without the significant dips the old module had.

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 04:16 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I don't have a low air pressure warning and my Left gauge (Front) air pressure which I understand is the air bag air pressure stays up above 125 almost all the time. However, I have what I consider to be terrible rebound. I don't know whether to be more disappointed with the Spartan chassis or the terrible condition of our roads. It seems people who make our roads don't know how to make a smooth transition between sections of roads and particularly going between bridge and roadway. I have even seen recently completed or repaired transitions that I don't understand how the contractor passed inspection. Going over those at even moderate speed makes the coach feel like a bucking bronco. Really bad example is I40 going north past Knoxville.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 07:36 AM   #10

Spartan Chassis
Pat,

We haven’t had any problems in 18 months. Luck of the draw?

I assume everyone on here is using the prescribed startup procedure for airing up the coach: leave the jacks down; run the engine until the air gauges show full pressure; retract the jacks and allow the coach to come back to full air on the gauges.

From looking at Entegra’s website the Aspire still appears to have 46mm Bilstein shocks all around; if that’s accurate replacing with Konis should make for a much better ride. The Anthem, starting in 2017, has 60mm Bilsteins on the front; replacing those with Konis will not have a noticeable effect on the ride.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 08:50 PM   #11

Victory Blue,
Sorry, but changing to the Koni’s has made an enormous difference....I still get rebound but not nearly as bad. I still get low air warnings.

Front gauge shows lower than rear, and low air, its way down....below 80 for sure.
Sun City Center, FL
Old 11-22-2017, 06:59 AM   #12

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Victory Blue,
Sorry, but changing to the Koni’s has made an enormous difference....I still get rebound but not nearly as bad. I still get low air warnings.

Front gauge shows lower than rear, and low air, its way down....below 80 for sure.
I should have stipulated it wouldn’t make any difference if everything else is setup and working properly. You’re obviously treating a problem that goes beyond the shocks. I have none of the issues you’ve described. I hope you can get yours fixed to your satisfaction.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 07:43 AM   #13

I still believe my governor for the air pump is set too low. But that will be addressed by Spartan at my next stop there.
Sun City Center, FL
Old 11-22-2017, 02:10 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
I still believe my governor for the air pump is set too low. But that will be addressed by Spartan at my next stop there.

My compressor kicks in at 108 according to the DIC readout on my 2018 but the round gauge makes it appear to be much lower than that. Hopefully yours is not as bad as it appears as the Spartan manual says it should be 100 or more
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ems