Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-28-2015, 09:54 AM   #29

I wish we could say we've had a 100% success rate when we try to help a fellow RV'er.

But one thing for sure is we (all) even though differences in opinions sometimes learn from each other.
Dtwallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2015, 12:21 PM   #30

Entegra Owners Club
It seems clear that this is an issue for Goodyear.....
Les1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 02:26 PM   #31

Entegra Owners Club
Update

We made it to Orlando without any problems. I reprogrammed my TPMS this morning so that it would report the tire pressures and temps. Still stopped responding, and I am done with it - will buy a different brand.

I want to say Thank You to all of you that have responded with ideas and suggestions. I appreciate your support and care, and will report what I find once it is solved. Not sure how long it will take. I can say that I am on top of tire conditions, especially pressures, and check it with a good ole fashion truck gauge, and a digital gauge, I carry both. My tires are set for 125 on the front, 95 on the dual axle, and 110 on the tags. ( I have weighed all 4 corners, and these settings were suggested in the tables)

I will say that my outside tire on the other side (driver side) is showing signs of doing the same thing. We stopped every 40 to 80 miles for a quick walk around, and checked the pressure of these tires. We have a smell of burned rubber sometimes in the motor home when driving, and it is over 90 degrees outside. It rained several places between Tallahassee and Orlando today, so about half of the drive was cool. Th only thing I have done different this tip is run the generator some for the AC's.

I don't want to jump to conclusions, but I am starting to believe that my 3 year old tires are slowly coming apart. It seems like if the alignment in the back was far off enough to cause this tire wear, this rapidly, that the drive would be affected.....The MH drove great, and the ride was great.

I somehow have to entertain my daughter at all the Disney stuff around here, and get this MH tire issue fixed. I will win this fight! - We are headed to Myrtle Beach after 5 days of this!
2013 Thor Challenger 37DT - Sold
Mwoodofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 04:43 PM   #32

Entegra Owners Club
That 110 on the tag is the highest I've heard of...most put 85 in their tag simply because the tables say less than 80 and that doesn't seem healthy. So I am really wondering about how much weight you carrying back there (I have the big engine and a MC with Hydralift on the back and I don't require near that pressure). I'd recheck that tire pressure requirement. Anyone else out there with a tag that high????
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 04:49 PM   #33

Entegra Owners Club
85 in drive and tag.
Bill in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 05:03 PM   #34

110 on front and 90 on drive and tag on our 2013 Aspire DEQ. The rear is the minimum setting according to the table at Spartan Academy (Goodyears). Our weight differences on the corners were all within about 100 pounds.
waterboy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 05:15 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwoodofd View Post
Thanks to all of you for your replies. I will see if we can get into JoSams for alignment (wanted to do this anyway. Once the alignment is correct and they let me know the details, I will then either consider getting new tires, or go to the Spartan recommendation to make sure there are no chassis issues causing this. I have a 250 mile drive to Orlando, and will monitor the tires (one nice thing about Florida is there is plenty of nice rest stops, so far) as I drive. My tire monitoring system has failed me on this trip too, worthless - not reporting anything but bad sensors, all 12 of them, with new batteries, works sometimes, and then nothing - but that will be in another thread, going in the trash.

Since you are having issues with your TPMS, I'm wondering if you could have lost substantial pressure in that tire. Once a tire is running essentially flat the tread squirms a lot & grinds away the tread. Tires don't fail in this manner. If that happened to be the case, the inner dual had been severely overloaded and should not be trusted.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 05:59 PM   #36

Entegra Owners Club
Dave and John, you are correct. I have too much air in the Tag and maybe the Drive Axel tires. I have been running my drive at 95, and the latest table from the Goodyear site says 90 per my weight. (thank you)

Not sure where I went wrong on the tag, (don't think I got all the numbers from the scale when I weighed each side) but the minimum is 90 in the new table for the G670 275 80R 22.5 that I looked at on line. I made 3 passed on the scale, total gross, left side, then right side. Only have 2 sets of numbers for the left and right, and there should have been 3 (front, drive, and trailer/tag)

My gross weights, full fuel/water/ travel stuff, empty Black/Gray were 13,749lbs for the front, 16,000 even for the drive (seems suspicious), and 7140 for the tag. (did not have toad) This puts the pressures at 120, 90, and 90 front to back. (correct?)

With the tires inflated to what I had, I don't believe it would cause the slick I had yesterday, and all the tire "powder" that I have on the rims, and my jeep has it on it. These tires are turning to dust?

I think I may need to visit the tire shop first to see if these tires are any good? Hate to get it aligned, then get new tires - right?
Old 06-28-2015, 06:02 PM   #37

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ownby View Post
Since you are having issues with your TPMS, I'm wondering if you could have lost substantial pressure in that tire. Once a tire is running essentially flat the tread squirms a lot & grinds away the tread. Tires don't fail in this manner. If that happened to be the case, the inner dual had been severely overloaded and should not be trusted.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
The slick tire had 95 lbs on just before the guy changed it. That is the first thing I checked. I had not lost any air - looked like a good racing slick!
Old 06-28-2015, 06:47 PM   #38

Entegra Owners Club
I was thinking Michelins on the Anthem and Cornerstone, so inflation could be significantly different, but the 110 just didn't sound right. In all honesty, while I haven't paid a lot of attention to Aspire/Goodyear inflation numbers, I don't recall seeing that high on the dual or tags. Hopefully, some Aspire folks will chime in with what they experience.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 07:15 PM   #39

Entegra Owners Club
Dave, the tire inflation sticker in the coach calls for max 125 on the front, 95 on the drive, and 110 on the tag? The sticker also states 295 80R 22.5 for the front, but I have the 275's all the way around? (they must have been changed at some point before I owned it). No way to know, but I do know if I put new ones on it, at least I know what I have.

BTW, I sold my 09 Ultra Classic last year - sure do miss it, Debra would not get on a Motorcycle, and that led us to the Motor Home (and Jeep). Now I see I could have a trailer to carry both, and more - never ends!
Old 06-28-2015, 07:27 PM   #40

Entegra Owners Club
Excessive Tire Wear

I just looked at our tire rims - there is a little bit of black dust, but not a lot - and I wouldn't have noticed it if it weren't for this thread. I drove it home to prepare to leave tomorrow and I am not leaving black marks anywhere. So, if it were me, I'd spring for new tires and a full alignment, just to be on the safe side. My opinion only.
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 07:33 PM   #41

My vote is for a tread separation from the core. GoodYear needs to see the tire and adjust for the failure. I have never had much faith in GoodYear. Have always run Michelin.
Regards,
JimB
JBDISCOVERY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 07:52 PM   #42

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBDISCOVERY View Post
My vote is for a tread separation from the core. ,
JimB
I'm starting to believe it had to separate. I did not see or feel anything, and it did not impact my jeep anywhere. I hope it was just a bad tire (and a few other tires on my rig). There is no way that it turned into a slick like that in 500-600 miles.

Now, have to go to the Goodyear vs Michelin thread to think about tires. Seen many compliments and complaints on both.