Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-14-2015, 09:35 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
I spoke to Don in Entegra service and he said that he would contact the manufacturer of the tank and see what they have to say about this.
Rclukey is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2015, 04:45 AM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Ron, it is really sad that you are having to go through all of this when you purchased your policy to have "piece of mind". It looks like you are receiving ulcers instead. Please keep us informed, it may help someone that gets high pressured at the time of purchase.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 07:35 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I would call Rvone the seller of the service policy..let's not forget they are the ones hat sold you the policy...ask them to help and see if they will call on your behalf ..good Luck
Old 05-15-2015, 07:49 AM   #18

Cancelling policy

We purchased an extended 7 year policy when we purchased our coach. After reading all the posts on here I am thinking it might have been a bad decision. Ours is less than a year old. Has anyone cancelled a policy and gotten a refund?
ItsWhatWeDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 07:44 AM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
This is the response I got from the tank manufacturer.
"Dear Sir,
I spoke with you yesterday regarding the failure of your holding tank. Without seeing the tank personally it is very difficult to determine the cause of the failure. What I do know is from your description of the failure and the area of the failure I am not aware of anything considered normal wear and tear that would cause this to happen. The tank could fail if it were in freezing temperatures but you stated that you were in Florida at the time. These tanks are made to be used over a long period of time so the exact cause of the failure is hard to determine.
If you need any further assistance please feel free to contact me."
Old 05-21-2015, 07:17 PM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Sorry to hear all that Ron, I saw your post in the other thread on this subject, and I assume your arbitration option is written into the contract. Not sure how much the repairs cost, but filing a claim in small claims court against one of the parties may not be worth it to them to defend. They won't do anything unless you put up a fight, and maybe the claim is against the inspector? The max small claim in Texas is $5000 (I think), and cost less than $100. They have to answer in court, and if they fail, you will get default judgement. Collecting on that judgment can be a different story. I have done this in my business on small collection issues that are not large enough to justify a collection law suit where I know the other party wants to remain in business, and cant escape through the bankruptcy path.

It is a pain to have to resort to doing this, but sometimes they need to be "hit over the head" so they will do the right thing. If normal wear and tear on a holding tank is 5 years, there are a bunch of motor homes in trouble.
2013 Thor Challenger 37DT - Sold
Mwoodofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 06:39 AM   #21

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt.brown View Post
I am considering purchasing a 7 year service warranty from Coach.Net, but after reading your post I'm not so sure. What year is your coach? A 5 year old holding tank leaking at the seams is not wear and tear, rather a part failure. I would call them and ask for a copy of their holding tank wear and tear specs. They should have some sort of schedule they use to make these decisions.
I recently reviewed a 7 year Coach Net "extended service plan", which their agent informed me is their new" product. The only positive thing I can say about this plan is that the lawyer(s) who wrote it did an outstanding job. Among other ways to deny a claim, the language specifically states that "wear and tear" is not covered. So they are selling a "service plan" that will only fix failures that are caused by "defects". Since failures caused by "defects" will most likely occur sooner rather than later; and would be covered by the manufacturer's warranty; their "service plan" covers nothing. I'll pass, thanks.
Old 10-14-2015, 06:05 PM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks for all the responses. Update on the service contract:
I spoke to RVone and they agreed to half of the claim. Very nice of them since they have no legal reason to do so. However Interstate National was not so nice. I hired a lawyer to take this to small claims court even though my contract said I would have to go through arbitration. It took awhile to serve them in New York state but when we did that they immediately called to settle the claim. I called Don at RVone and let him know and he said to keep his money just for the aggravation. I would call him a stand up guy. In the end you can not let these big insurance companies get away with their crap. I am sure they do this to quite a few people. I am not sure I would purchase an extended warranty policy again.
Old 10-14-2015, 06:25 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rclukey View Post
Thanks for all the responses. Update on the service contract:
I spoke to RVone and they agreed to half of the claim. Very nice of them since they have no legal reason to do so. However Interstate National was not so nice. I hired a lawyer to take this to small claims court even though my contract said I would have to go through arbitration. It took awhile to serve them in New York state but when we did that they immediately called to settle the claim. I called Don at RVone and let him know and he said to keep his money just for the aggravation. I would call him a stand up guy. In the end you can not let these big insurance companies get away with their crap. I am sure they do this to quite a few people. I am not sure I would purchase an extended warranty policy again.
Ron, that's AWESOME that you got the resolution that you did. If you don't mind telling us, what was the total cost of the repair, and how much did the lawyer/legal fees run?

It's nice to see someone hold their feet to the fire. I am a big proponent of using the State Attorney General if I have a legitimate beef and a company won't stand behind their service or product. I have used them as well as the State Insurance Commissioners in two states with very good results!

Anyway, Good on You!
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 06:26 PM   #24

Thanks for the update. To me, that looks typical of these "extended warranty" policies. I bought a three year extended warranty on my first motorhome, upgraded (traded it) after one year, and found out the policy wasn't transferrable, neither to a new owner, nor to my new RV. What a racket! I certainly will never buy another and don't recommend for others to get either.
gizmo123316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 05:59 PM   #25

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Ron,

I presume their policy is to deny until the threat of litigation. They probably figure you'll think litigation is just too much bother.

You could report this to the insurance commission in that company's home state, as well as the better business bureau, and the federal trade commission.

Hopefully, RV One will find another company for their extended warranties. I hope you had that conversation with Don!

Pat Bauer, President
Entegra Coach Owners Association
2013 Aspire DEQ
Ford Edge
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 06:03 PM   #26

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Extended Warranty

One of the nice features of working with Lazy Days has been that Lazy Days contacts the EW Insurer and has in the past, handled the negotiation with the insurer. But then, I bought my EW policy from LD, and they advocate on my behalf.

Pat Bauer, President
Entegra Coach Owners Association
2013 Aspire DEQ
Ford Edge
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 08:53 PM   #27

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Traded for 2015 Cornerstone at end of July. I did what dealer and Entegra suggested and spent several hours chasing model and serial numbers of all sorts of items.

Received an extended warranty solicitation for Whirlpool dryer in CS, but not washer. We planned on taking them up but decided to call and find out why we did not receive info in washer. They claimed it was not registered, but it was registered on line on their web site. One thing lead to another and the discussion ended with these appliances are in a motor coach.

Then the agent said that their extended warranty does not cover appliances in RV's or Mobile homes because they move and can cause reliability issues. Duh, that would be a motivating reason to buy an extended appliance warranty from the viewpoint of a RV owner.

One never knows if the person you are speaking with is reliable or is an idiot, but if this guy is correct, Whirlpool is soliciting motor coach purchasers which include their products, plan on taking their money, with no intention of ever paying a penny on a warranty claim. Baah!

Speaking of reliability issues, had a Sears upright deep freeze for 23 years and gave it away. Still running 5 years later. The whirlpool replacement, and the replacement of replacement have failed and are in the trash heap so that lack of reliability is why I considered the appliance warranty, since I did not chose to but Whirlpool; I chose to buy Entegra.
TurboDaveTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 06:13 AM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmpbauer View Post
Ron,

I presume their policy is to deny until the threat of litigation. They probably figure you'll think litigation is just too much bother.
This is what is known in the insurance claims business as a "nuisance value settlement".
ArmandV is offline   Reply With Quote