Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-27-2022, 12:10 PM   #1

Extended Warranty Payment

I know all extended warranties are different, so I'm looking for people who've had a claim and your experience with payments.
I need a new radiator and a couple other smaller things. Took the coach to NIRVC and they submitted my claim to the extended warranty company (that company is not affiliated with NIRVC). The warranty company approved my claim but NIRVC said they will only pay $8k of the $11k bill and I'll be responsible for the other $3k. I mentioned that the warranty company is responsible for the entire bill and my service Rep said "they never pay 100%.
Reading through my paperwork, I don't see where I'm supposed to pay part of the cost except for a small deductible. Have others had to pay nearly 1/4 of a claim? Is this really typical?
GeezerViz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-27-2022, 12:18 PM   #2

Does not sound right........I had one claim on my extended warranty and they paid the rv repair shop directly after the repair was complete less my deductibl, same an auto, boat and house insurance company claim.
Old 11-27-2022, 12:28 PM   #3
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeezerViz View Post
I know all extended warranties are different, so I'm looking for people who've had a claim and your experience with payments.
I need a new radiator and a couple other smaller things. Took the coach to NIRVC and they submitted my claim to the extended warranty company (that company is not affiliated with NIRVC). The warranty company approved my claim but NIRVC said they will only pay $8k of the $11k bill and I'll be responsible for the other $3k. I mentioned that the warranty company is responsible for the entire bill and my service Rep said "they never pay 100%.
Reading through my paperwork, I don't see where I'm supposed to pay part of the cost except for a small deductible. Have others had to pay nearly 1/4 of a claim? Is this really typical?
Hello! I am the Director of Warranty for NIRVC. Please feel free to PM me, I would love to hear more about this and understand if there is something I can do to help out!
Collision Repair & Paint Restoration
PDI | Warranty Mgr.
469-277-8814

Mark Moniuszko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 10:31 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Moniuszko View Post
Hello! I am the Director of Warranty for NIRVC. Please feel free to PM me, I would love to hear more about this and understand if there is something I can do to help out!
Thanks for the offer. I sent you a message.
Old 11-28-2022, 07:35 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Did the warranty company list any of the items not covered as "normal wear and tear"?
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 10:51 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Did the warranty company list any of the items not covered as "normal wear and tear"?
Not sure. I haven't seen anything yet that tells me what they did/didn't cover. My plan shows the radiator should be covered in full, minus the cost of replacing the fluid. The other items being fixed are:
Main Awning won't fully retract;
Rear toilet won't flush when the bathroom is hot (like after a day of driving);
Rear camera has a lot of interference when engine is running.
My plan, from what I can read, is silent on those items. Although I do see a note that audio/visual should be covered.
I guess I need to see the paperwork on what's not being covered.
Old 11-30-2022, 01:21 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
My experience with Camper's Edge (bought from NIRVC) has been mostly good. Their deductible is waved if NIRVC does the work, and they handled all the claims. I am well ahead money-wise, and it runs 'til early '24.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 10:15 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeezerViz View Post
Not sure. I haven't seen anything yet that tells me what they did/didn't cover. My plan shows the radiator should be covered in full, minus the cost of replacing the fluid. The other items being fixed are:
Main Awning won't fully retract;
Rear toilet won't flush when the bathroom is hot (like after a day of driving);
Rear camera has a lot of interference when engine is running.
My plan, from what I can read, is silent on those items. Although I do see a note that audio/visual should be covered.
I guess I need to see the paperwork on what's not being covered.
Our EW Plan is exclusionary and our experience has been that once submitted by the Repair Facility an Adjuster has always contacted us to let us know exactly what is covered or not i.e.: shop supplies not , fluids not , parts covered & amount of Labor etc. Then when the Repair Facility lets us know we can compare and insure the outcome Cost .
I'd suggest you contact your EW Plan and ask for the Adjuster to give you an explanation !
Old 12-06-2022, 10:18 PM   #9

This is one of 100 reasons to self insure - save up those premium dollars and they are good anywhere when the need arises - no loopholes. Insurance companies make a lot of money betting that your RV will NOT break down - why not make the same bet?
PeterFTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 04:37 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Mike,
Any word on what the EW company was not covering on your bill?
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 06:25 AM   #11

Warrantee

I had same experience at same service center in
Lewisville Tx. Never had it before in last ten years with same extended warranty company. Shop said warranty would pay only "part" of the cost of the part? Extendeed warranty allowed a labor time to do repairs. Shop charged almost twice what was allowed?? Again, never had this happen before with same extended warrantee company!
Not a good looking pattern starting here.

safe travels all
FLYING BUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 10:45 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BUTCH View Post
I had same experience at same service center in
Lewisville Tx. Never had it before in last ten years with same extended warranty company. Shop said warranty would pay only "part" of the cost of the part? Extendeed warranty allowed a labor time to do repairs. Shop charged almost twice what was allowed?? Again, never had this happen before with same extended warrantee company!
Not a good looking pattern starting here.

safe travels all
based on OP quote that maybe the issue.

11k looks like they are quoting 30 hours labor @ $200 hr assuming a $5k radiator
ransil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 11:08 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
The entire job looks inflated. A radiator at cost is something around $1k for parts.

Labor is not terribly difficult or time consuming on a side radiator job. Rear radiator - yes. Side - no.

Seems everyone is taking an extra cut regardless of the warranty.
Old 12-08-2022, 03:18 PM   #14

Warrantee

Couldn't agree more on everyone taking a BIGGER CUT?? Had same extended warranty company for ten years. They have always covered all my repairs except deductible. Now service centers are charging more per hour for labor, using more labor hours than warrantee company allows, charging more for parts than allowed, don't repair just replace with new! WHF!!
Service centers have really gone done compared to a few years back. My two cents.
FLYING BUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
extended warranty, warranty