Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-14-2017, 10:02 PM   #15

I've posted elsewhere about what we use.

Here is a pic while in use in Marcos, CO. The steps are used to maintain a constant down slope due to the unusually high sewer drain. This permits leaving the Grey valve open.

I use an assortment of Sch 40 PVC to extent the garden hose if needed. Everything fits within the old macerator hose bay, or the 3" slinky bay.

We are completing a trial by fire and I've grown to appreciate how quick, clean, and easy making full hookups can be.

-Matt
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0016.JPG
Views:	153
Size:	215.8 KB
ID:	173007  
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-14-2017, 10:32 PM   #16

I called Thetford on the hose, they said they make it but couldn't sell it to me. They said call Camping World. So I called them and they said they had to call Thetord.....

In any case it is on its way, although I can't confirm that its the correct part based on the confirmation email I got from Camping World....

Van Sayler
2017 Anthem 44B
Old 08-15-2017, 09:12 AM   #17

Matt D, do you still have the macerator line installed here or is the hose connected straight to the output from the macerator?
Old 08-15-2017, 09:22 AM   #18

Van, immediately after the macerator, I go to a Sch 40 PVC elbow, down through the wet bay floor, to another elbow, then a PVC shutoff valve, then garden hose.

I've been using this daily for the last several weeks and it works extremely easy, and is nearly as fast as OEM.

The big advantage to this setup is you can leave the Grey valve open as you wish. It's also very compact and is easily scalable for different situations.

-Matt
Old 08-15-2017, 09:32 AM   #19

Would you happen to have a picture of this setup?

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Van, immediately after the macerator, I go to a Sch 40 PVC elbow, down through the wet bay floor, to another elbow, then a PVC shutoff valve, then garden hose.

I've been using this daily for the last several weeks and it works extremely easy, and is nearly as fast as OEM.

The big advantage to this setup is you can leave the Grey valve open as you wish. It's also very compact and is easily scalable for different situations.

-Matt
Jtrving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 09:24 PM   #20

Sure, sorry for the tardy reply but we were driving the last leg home.

Here you go..

Photo #1 Illustrates the hole in the Plywood deck of the wet bay floor. This is behind the fresh water reel and between the macerator gate valve and the fresh water reel.

Photo #2 Illustrates the use of Sch 40 PVC and elbows to get from the gate valve, rubber hose connection, and down through the floor. At this point, the hard work is done.

Photo #3 Reveals the termination of the lowest elbow. I chose to terminate it with a female adaptor as I wasn't certain what I was going to do beyond that point.

Photo #4 This is the first attempt. Since then, I've added a PVC valve prior to the garden hose. I've changed garden hose to a sturdier version. I've also secured the end of the pipe and spaced it from the bodywork.

I can say that with this mod, and moving my water filters and pressure regulators inside the wet bay, hooking up is extremely fast and easy.

I've had many people ask if "that was all there was" to my setup, as it is exceptionally easy and tidy. I can make full hookups, or break down utilities in well under 2 minutes. Call it 5 minutes if I need to flush and dump the black tank.

-Matt
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0702.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	354.4 KB
ID:	173238   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0011.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	262.9 KB
ID:	173239  

Name:	IMG_0704.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	266.3 KB
ID:	173240   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0010.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	472.3 KB
ID:	173241  

Old 08-17-2017, 06:31 AM   #21

To stop the sewage leaking out the macerator outlet pipe I installed a valve next to where the hose hooks ups. Also cut my hose down to 9 feet, have another longer one if needed. Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1502973033.555991.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	1.91 MB
ID:	173263Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0083.JPG
Views:	127
Size:	503.1 KB
ID:	173264
Surmotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 05:38 PM   #22

Question about macerator hose. Mine leaks badly now when using. Steady stream of water comes out the 4 small drain holes in the sheet metal housing that surrounds the connection between pcp pipe and flexible hose when I dump . Recently bought(16' cornerstone) and it appears they may have tried to stop leak on past with exhaust clamp. How do u get back there to fix. My arms I guess are to short. Lol
Old 08-17-2017, 05:54 PM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Since I will be carrying a stinky slinky in case I need that function I decided to assemble an adapter to the macerator end. (I have purchased banjo adapters but have not installed them yet)

Name:	IMG_4786.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	324.8 KB
ID:	173331
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Toad
RanNan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 06:25 PM   #24

I can't speak to your exact installation, however in our case there was tape wrapping a hose clamp which secured the flexible Thetford hose to the PVC inside the small waste bay.

Once I decided to perform surgery, I took the components out with a saw. In our case, I might have possibly gotten the clamp off but I had lost all patience with such a poorly thought out design.

Water doesn't flow uphill Entegra.

Personally I'd suggest whacking the entire mess.

-Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorrick View Post
Question about macerator hose. Mine leaks badly now when using. Steady stream of water comes out the 4 small drain holes in the sheet metal housing that surrounds the connection between pcp pipe and flexible hose when I dump . Recently bought(16' cornerstone) and it appears they may have tried to stop leak on past with exhaust clamp. How do u get back there to fix. My arms I guess are to short. Lol
Old 08-17-2017, 06:34 PM   #25

Could u send me a pic of what u did Matt? Thanks
Old 08-17-2017, 06:37 PM   #26

Also, can u run the macerator to long(after the tanks have emptied )? It seems I can't get all the water out of the hose. Can it continue to run essentially dry?
Old 08-17-2017, 07:02 PM   #27

Rick, take another look at posts 15 & 20. If you tap the individual picture you can see more detail. At this point, my setup also has a PVC ball valve like Surmotor installed.

Regarding the motor running dry, it is not a positive displacement pump so a little dry running won't kill it. I tend to shut it off when I hear it run dry as a simple precaution.

The reason you're asking about the motor points to a different problem. The fact that you're not evacuating the hose illustrates the inherent problems with the stock design.

In short, the output from the macerator runs uphill to where you find the Thetford 1 1/2" hose. As a result of this uphill slope, the macerator is going to pulse the last bit of material. Again, it isn't a positive displacement pump so the waste material isn't highly pressurized.

Think of the macerator more like an old fashioned water wheel. Except, in this case the wheel is driving the water, not the other way around. There is lots of internal leakage with this type of pump. I believe Thetford does this to enhance longevity.

This pump combined with an uphill run will likely result in an inability to clear the hose. In this case, you're stuck manually elevating the hose to drain the contents. Again, not Entegra's finest moment of product integration.

With the below deck mod I have performed, not only does the plumbing line up with how Thetford intended, but the hose will self drain, and if you're cagey enough to "hold" a bit of grey water, you can flush things nicely.

I'm busting Entegra's ball bearings here, not because I'm afraid to get my hands dirty. I really don't like a design with so many compromises, that requires me to routinely handle a hose filled with waste.

With my setup, I never handle the hose when it's filled with waste.

-Matt
Old 08-17-2017, 07:32 PM   #28

Matt, thanks for that great explanation. I see your using a garden house to drain instead of the 1 1/2 hose provided. Is that adequate because of better design and does it take longer to drain because of smaller diameter?

Tags
ace