Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-18-2022, 07:15 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Exterior Care question

Entegra newbie question again. I know owners manual seems to specify hand wash only but has anyone n the group used for example Blue Beacon for washing while on the road. If so were you satisfied? I used the Blue Beacon close (80 miles) to my home several times on my previous coach and had 0 issues but it was not an Entegra. I do realize that any wash facility is a "crap shoot" with regards to quality of the service.
pledbett is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2022, 08:08 PM   #2

Paul

Entegra coaches have multiple layers of clear coat on top of the exterior paint, which is soft and not at all like paint, and the standard recommendation of the factory, dealers, and owners is NEVER use any brushes on these exteriors, or you will scratch them.

I have never had my coach washed by Blue Beacon, and never will. I hand wash my coach and I never use brushes. I use soft clean fake lambs wool type pads on the end of an aluminum extension pole for upper locations and I hand wash with a similar pad closer to ground.

Now, I don't really know by experience but I have heard others here on this forum say that you can go to a Blue Beacon and give them strict instructions to use no brushes and only soft pads to wash and you can stand there and make sure that they do it that way. Again, I have never done it.

Of course, the way I get it washed more than 50% of the time is that I pay for a professional coach washing company to wash the coach at my site or RV park when I am not in the mood. They use soft pads, deionized water, and they tend to use pressure washing technique. When the coach starts getting dirty, I either do it myself or I pay for one of those coach washing groups to do it. Well worth the money if I am not in the mood or too busy.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 09:06 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Paul, I do something similar to Gary.

I might wash the bottom half (What I can reach and down) when on the road. Most of the dirt is on the bottom half. I might use wax / wash all or just water. I generally don’t take a hose to the coach in a campground. I wash it and dry it section at a time for the parts I can reach using clean microfiber cloths.

When at home I use a deionizer for spotless water and a long pole. I use clean soft pads on my long pole.

I don’t mind doing the job myself. I use a service if I want the coach washed and wax.

Good Luck.
Sold 2017 Entegra Cornerstone B
RVFunlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 10:45 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
I’ve used Blue Beacon several times on all of my coaches while we were out on the road. They have been mostly acceptable. Generally I tell them no brushes cause you’re never sure where those brushes have been.
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 10:57 AM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Thank you all for the replies. One more similar question. Since water use is so limited in a lot of the parks is there a water-less solution that has been tried? I know I have seen several on the market but again I really value the owners opinions.
pledbett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 11:15 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
I use Meguiar's Dry Wash and Wax for touch ups after a major cleaning.
Later...
Ray
RayandWendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 11:34 AM   #7
Community Moderator

I simply hose my Entegra off at home (and use a small amout of very mild dish detergent to break the surface tension to remove dirt, if required) then wipe it down with a synthetic dying chamois cloth attached to end of a telescoping squeegee.
Old 08-19-2022, 11:36 AM   #8

Spartan Chassis
Getting your coach Ceramic Coated will cut down on amount of wash’s, eliminate waxing, and looks great. Just make sure you use a good product/ vendor.
AggrevatedRv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 02:17 PM   #9

Paint is somewhat fragile and yup, scratches easily. I use Chemical Guys Soap with their Soap Gun and a lambswool brush. I use Tech Ceramic Coating which holds up well and is very easy to apply (I cover everything on the roof with it).

Simple Green makes an Aircraft Aluminum Cleaner that works great on A/C Condensers, Radiators, and Wheels.

Black Diamond Marble & Tile Cleaner for the floors (leaves no streaks).

Enerzen Ozone Generator (kills bacteria, viruses, plants, and drives out rodents and other pests) - use in basement and inside your rig and no more odors and you sanitize it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TechCeramicCoating.png
Views:	22
Size:	572.9 KB
ID:	374090   Click image for larger version

Name:	Simple-Green-Aluminum.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	374091  

Name:	IMG_2867.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	189.2 KB
ID:	374092   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2798.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	648.7 KB
ID:	374093  

Name:	OGG.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	126.4 KB
ID:	374094  
RandyRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 04:40 PM   #10

I use a product by Aero Cosmetics. Aero Wash-Wax was developed for a quick wash and wax of commercial and private airplanes and does an excellent job of cleaning up an already slightly dirty airplane or motorcoach.

I bought the whole kit which included a really high quality aluminum pole and two "L" shaped wash/wax heads that mount on the end of the pole. They sell a complete line of products to make a private airplane look like new, and the same products are prefect for motorcoaches. Its a bit pricey, but does an excellent job. The products are also handled on Amazon at a reasonable discount.

Here is the link to the home page: https://washwax.com/

All/most Aero products are listed on Amazon also.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 08:08 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
The wash - wax all Gary called out is a good product for use in campground. I have never had an issue washing my coach front and bottom half of the coach in a campground. I use some water from a bucket and wash wax all. I do not take a hose to the coach in the RV park.

At my home I use dish soap and deionizer water with my good quality soft pads that are microfiber. And a long pole. I scrub while my wife works the hose. About an hour depending on how super clean I want the coach and how many beer stops I make.
Old 08-20-2022, 02:11 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVFunlovers View Post
I use some water from a bucket and wash wax all. I do not take a hose to the coach
Would you mind expounding on that technique a bit? I’m new to the wash wax all world and trying to better understand all of its uses.
USMCRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 10:28 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCRET View Post
Would you mind expounding on that technique a bit? I’m new to the wash wax all world and trying to better understand all of its uses.
When hanging out in the campground I don’t mind doing some washing / cleaning on my coach. I use the bucket of clean water on the dirty areas. Front / Back etc…. I just use a microfiber towel. Then dry the area real well with another micro fiber towel or two.

On most of the coach I use wash wax all. I spray it and wipe it in good with a micro fiber towel. It does not take much. I just don’t use it on a real dirty area. I would do that with clean water first.

I tend to work on the shady side of the coach. I try to do a few sections at a time.

I have not had any rv parks or resorts complain. They just do not want you full blown washing the coach with a hose.

It takes some work to keep these things looking great but it cab be a little peaceful.

If we are just a week out from going home then we just wait and do a full clean up when we get home. (With a long pole, deionized water, etc…)
Old 08-20-2022, 10:58 AM   #14

Ha!....don't even THINK about washing your car much less your rig out here on the west coast!..even mobile wash companies have to supply their own water....so the the rig gets an annual spritz when it actually rains....car washes and Blue Beacon semi washes must use reclaimed water. I can get away with a quick windshield wash in my driveway if it done under the cover of darkness and the HOA doesn't get wind of it....wonder what color my rig really is??

John
2015 44b
jmorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote