Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-30-2022, 02:03 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
External propane connection

I have a 2015 Entegra Aspire. I'm thinking about adding a connection to my propane system to allow connecting an external propane grill to my main propane tank. Plan on making the connection on the outlet (low pressure side) of the regulator on the propane tank.

Wondered if anyone has done this and if so, any problems or issues you encountered.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-30-2022, 02:25 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
I have on my Travel Supreme. I had to remove the regulator from the grill aa there was not enough pressure going through two regulators. I ran a line with a quick disconnect to the patio side, then a hose that stayed connected to the grill. Worked great for 11 years.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 02:35 PM   #3
WDW

External propane connection

Itís called an extended a stay, you can have it plumbed in to allow for an extension hose to operate your grill. It also has a second connection that can be used for an external tank to support long-term use of propane in place of using the onboard tank. Theyíre available from most suppliers, Amazon and of course, camping world.
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 03:02 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I am planning on disconnecting the outlet of the regulator on the main tank and inserting a tee. One branch of the tee would connect to the existing line that was connected to the regulator and on the other branch of the tee I will install a quick connect with a built-in valve. I could then connect a hose to run to the front or under the coach to the passenger side. This would allow me to connect a grill or fire pit to the low pressure propane system thus eliminating the need for a regulator and bottle to run my grill and fire pit. Thinking I would get a 20' or so hose with quick connects on both ends and also installing quick connects on my fire pit and grill. This length hose would be long enough to reach. This will keep the propane connection in a ventilated compartment if by some chance it were to leak

Wondered if anyone had done this type of installation.
Old 11-30-2022, 05:21 PM   #5

Alan, on our coach in the basement passenger, side is a T/nipple to tap off the propane. Itís mounted up near where ceiling/chassis rail meet.
You could use that for the grill and fire pit.
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 09:32 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Thanks Tom,

I will have to look for it. Is it near the front or back of the coach?
Old 11-30-2022, 09:47 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I had to remove the regulator from the grill aa there was not enough pressure going through two regulators.
I learned this the hard way. It hadn't occurred to me that there were two regulators in the path to the grill
No wonder it took so long for the grill to heat up all those months I used it!!

Now I connect direct to a propane bottle with a 20 ft hose and food is getting cooked a lot faster..

HAM guy (Ke7FIX), Retired Robotics Technician, USAF DAV
Parafango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 10:30 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanrd749 View Post
Thanks Tom,

I will have to look for it. Is it near the front or back of the coach?
Mine is in the first bay on the passenger side. Up near the frame rail and has a valve already on it . The propane line comes from the propane regulator located on the drivers side of my coach.

Hope this helps!
jmorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
propane