Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-06-2021, 07:00 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
EZ Steer problem after turning

After making a turn the EZSteer keeps pulling the steering wheel in the direction of the turn so it is necessary to hold reverse pressure to go straight.**Depending on speed and sharpness of the turn, the time it takes for steering to return to normal varies. The problem seems to be worse when turn is made without a stop.***No change with this issue after getting the service advisory on possible loose steering bolts done.

Recently I spoke to a Spartan tech who said they never heard of the problem with EZSteer.**I have an appointment with the factory service on June 3rd so I would like to know:

-How many have experienced this problem with EZSteer?
-Who has reported it to Spartan?
-Has anyone had it worked on at factory service?
-Has anyone had it fixed and if so what was done.

Feel free to PM me if you want to remain anonymous or provide details on who at Spartan knows about the issues or worked on it.

Thanks in advance and I will report my results
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-06-2021, 07:38 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Did Josams take it for a test drive while you were there? Did they say anything about the steering? So far on mine, it is just driver getting use to it. Be interesting what you find.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 07:49 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
Don't have EZsteer, but have comfort drive... I would say this is normal as it reads the turn and tries to hold that direction. After coming out of the turn, it would take a while to "return to normal". On my Newmar it might take a second or two - enough to notice.
M&G Braking-Roadmaster Towbar
mbrooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 08:01 AM   #4

Butte64: the product is made by TRW, and the guy who is /was the engineer has a lot of info over in the Newmar forum, because they were the first to use it exclusively for several years. Take a look HERE:https://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/com...le-369558.html

What you are experiencing does NOT seem right to me. Perhaps its software needs an update, IRDK.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 08:32 AM   #5

Never liked the idea of this product and never saw a need for something to help me drive in wind or around curves, and now that I have read this feedback, any new coach for me out of Middlebury will be delivered without it installed, or there will be no further coaches....

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 08:52 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Never liked the idea of this product and never saw a need for something to help me drive in wind or around curves, and now that I have read this feedback, any new coach for me out of Middlebury will be delivered without it installed, or there will be no further coaches....

Gary
It is looking like you might have to go to a Newell in order to not get it on a new coach.
Old 05-06-2021, 10:22 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
After making a turn the EZSteer keeps pulling the steering wheel in the direction of the turn so it is necessary to hold reverse pressure to go straight.**Depending on speed and sharpness of the turn, the time it takes for steering to return to normal varies. The problem seems to be worse when turn is made without a stop.***No change with this issue after getting the service advisory on possible loose steering bolts done.

Recently I spoke to a Spartan tech who said they never heard of the problem with EZSteer.**I have an appointment with the factory service on June 3rd so I would like to know:

-How many have experienced this problem with EZSteer?
-Who has reported it to Spartan?
-Has anyone had it worked on at factory service?
-Has anyone had it fixed and if so what was done.

Feel free to PM me if you want to remain anonymous or provide details on who at Spartan knows about the issues or worked on it.

Thanks in advance and I will report my results
You may have a loose steering box. There is a recall on the 20-21 model years. Mine was acting strangely as well. Josams fixed the issue with parts sent from Spartan
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 10:40 AM   #8
Community Moderator

Quote:

Gary

And I’m in the camp of never buying another coach WITHOUT it. You need to own one and drive it for awhile to really appreciate it !
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 01:51 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
You may have a loose steering box. There is a recall on the 20-21 model years. Mine was acting strangely as well. Josams fixed the issue with parts sent from Spartan

Just did that at Josams yesterday. No change.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 03:48 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
Just did that at Josams yesterday. No change.
Did Josams drive it? What did they think of the steering?
Old 05-06-2021, 03:55 PM   #11

Quote:

Gary
I am guessing you haven’t driven with it? If you have this would be the first I have heard anyone say that. I always thought it was a sales gimmick. I bought my LA with it and boy was I wrong. Big winds are a non event. 13 hrs of driving is a non event. Even the steer blowout is minimized. This is why newmar and Newell fought so hard for an exclusive as others didn’t have it.

If you have lots of trouble with the Aqua hot would you order your next coach with no heat. I know as we get older it gets harder to accept new technology. I can tell you it works as designed and is a game changer
zman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 03:57 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by zman62 View Post
If you have lots of trouble with the Aqua hot would you order your next coach with no heat. I know as we get older it gets harder to accept new technology. I can tell you it works as designed and is a game changer
Old 05-06-2021, 04:03 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I was trying to show how silly the statement was....lol
zman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 04:13 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by zman62 View Post
I was trying to show how silly the statement was....lol
Exactly. Especially if someone has never spent some hours behind the wheel. I have not, so I am no expert and I will need to get use to it, but I am sure that won't take long. I had no problem driving the 600 miles from NIRVC.

Tags
problem