Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-14-2019, 06:27 AM   #1

"F" Floor Plan?

My wife and I are starting to talk about the next motor home and the "F" floor plan has come into play. The kitchen area is smaller than the others but is it workable?

For those that actually have a F floor plan can you tell me if you find the kitchen usable enough for full time use? We try to eat in house about 75% of the time

Thanks
dave
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-14-2019, 07:08 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave&ginny View Post
My wife and I are starting to talk about the next motor home and the "F" floor plan has come into play. The kitchen area is smaller than the others but is it workable?

For those that actually have a F floor plan can you tell me if you find the kitchen usable enough for full time use? We try to eat in house about 75% of the time

Thanks
dave
Dave,

We have been full timers since June 2016. Our first coach was a 40 ' Tiffin Phaeton and since July 2018 we have been in a 2019 44f Anthem. We love the floor plan and have found the kitchen has plenty of room to cook.

We have been to several RV rally's and dealers. We have not found a floor plan that fits our style as much as the F.

Gary
2017 Chevrolet Tahoe, M&G Braking, Blue Ox Avail
gswindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 05:26 PM   #3

Is the 1/2 bath toilet a drop toilet or is it a macerator toilet? If both toilets are macerators then harder to dry camp given greater water usage.
Old 10-16-2019, 01:33 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Cool

Quote:

Thanks
dave
Dave....I sent you a PM

Dr. Q
2016 Jeep Cherokee
Dr. Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 08:50 PM   #5

I don't own an F but looked at some new ones while in Middlebury. It is a mirror image of the W floorplan with a smaller kitchen and pantry, which we didn't care for. Finding room for pots and pans was also a challenge. Bedroom and closet area is nice though.
Did you know that the new W floorplan comes with an optional window in the kitchen? Didn't see one with the window in it but saw the framing for it on one that was on the line.
GeezerViz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 10:10 PM   #6

Quote:

Thanks
dave
We have a 2019 Anthem 44F and love it. The rear closet is second to none. We also like that we don't have to step up to go into the rear bathroom. The kitchen and dinning area is very workable. We took out the useless dishwasher and put in 2 drawers which gives us lots of extra storage. For us it is the best floorplan out there and one of the big reasons we went with Entegra. We have found that there is plenty of counter space. And best of all my wife loves it.
Lundman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 07:26 AM   #7

Thanks everyone for your responses. It's helpful to hear from people that are already living or dealing with a floor plan.

When I picked out the RBQ, one of the main features were all of the sitting areas while traveling. I thought all the grand kids would be with us more. But in reality getting everyone together proved to be more difficult than I had imagined.
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 07:46 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
While we liked the "F" floor plan the most when determining which floor plan we wanted, a very big plus and final determining factor to the F for us was the fact that the full rear bath was a part of the rear slide, which made for a larger bathroom and at least rectangular if not larger shower.
DeWat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 11:43 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Bonnie & I looked at the F, Pantry to small, 1/2 Bath Smaller then our B floor plan. NO FIREPLACE. We like to entertain and felt the front living area was two small. So the B was our choice. OH YES the B comes with the Hutch.
Anthem46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 08:14 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Who ever came up with that hutch should get some sort of prize.
Old 10-18-2019, 04:23 PM   #11

The F isn’t a mirror image of the W floor plan. I like the F except for one thing, the big slide is on the passenger side and I hate trying to get under that slide where I keep most of my tools etc.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 05:46 PM   #12

The problem with the hutch in the new “B” floor plan is that they took a lot of space out of the 1/2 bath
Old 10-18-2019, 09:23 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin101 View Post
The F isn’t a mirror image of the W floor plan. I like the F except for one thing, the big slide is on the passenger side and I hate trying to get under that slide where I keep most of my tools etc.
I have an A, which also has the large slide on the passenger side. I have mostly switched sides for things under the coach. In truth, I don't have to get in there a lot once we're set up, so the occasional ducking is OK.
Old 10-19-2019, 06:03 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeGee View Post
I have an A, which also has the large slide on the passenger side. I have mostly switched sides for things under the coach. In truth, I don't have to get in there a lot once we're set up, so the occasional ducking is OK.
Yeah I know about the A. We had one and I hated that large slide on the passenger side. You can put tools etc. on drivers side, that’s true, but then it’s a pain to have to get them from there. Also if you want to take anything out and lay it down your table is always on the passenger side. The basement frig. is harder to get to also. I know you can make it work, but I much prefer big slide on drivers side.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor