Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-17-2020, 04:39 PM   #43

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa5x View Post
I don’t know who owns integra, but if it’s a division of Thor you might want to reconsider. Everything Thor touches turns to crap.
Really?, how many have you owned? I am on my second Thor owned, Entegra built Entegra. It is 4X the coach my 14 was when Entegra was Jayco owned. I haven't had any problem with the money spent. The 14, not so much.

Bob, you experienced the same thing I did on the tours I took of the two manufactures. Love it when the other brand owners have no documentation, only being a parrot to what they have heard on the internet.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-17-2020, 05:02 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Really, how many have you owned? I am on my second Thor owned, Entegra built Entegra. It is 4X the coach my 14 was when Entegra was Jayco owned. I haven't had any problem with the money spent.

Bob you experience the same thing I did on the tours I took of the two manufactures when I toured the plants. Love it when the other brand owners have no documentation, only being a parrot to what they have heard on the internet.
Must be troll month
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 06:35 PM   #45

Monaco Owners Club
I've toured both and for many reasons I will be an Entegra Cornerstone owner in the future.
Chargerman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 08:36 PM   #46

From what I can see and find from knowledgeable owners and dealers, Entegras are better now than in the pre Thor era. And I have owned a Travel Supreme and four Entegras that were all great. I am driving a Newmar now and it is well built and I love it but if Entegra made a 35 ft luxury coach that is what I would be driving. Thankfully Thor motorhomes is only owned by Thor industries, not dictating to Air Steam or Jayco divisions how to build or back coaches. Hopefully Winnebago will do similar with Newmar. All JMHO
Old 09-18-2020, 06:27 AM   #47

Different choices for a reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuggsnMe View Post
Thank you for your response. Last year we took the tour in Nappanee, and enjoyed the tour.
We are not impressed with the cost to eliminate stuff (upcharge).
We are not impressed with the ‘upcharge’ of the spartan chassis.
Not impressed with how they lay the floors, as compared with Entegra. Newmar lays the whole floor, then puts walls and cabinets on top. Entegra puts in walls and cabinets, then floors.
Not impressed with one year warranty, compared to two.
Not impressed with Newmar slideout mechanism, very inferior to Entegra,s ReliaTorque, cogwheel style.
Prefer Entegra insulated flooring over Newmar. Also prefer the fact that the floor is triple screwed to steel frame.
Prefer Entegra vertically louvered radiator door panel, has far superior cooling.

This is just a few things that I noticed, and took notes on. This is just my personal preference. Newmar has more bling, but that’s not what I’m looking for in a motor coach.
Thanks Bob
Camping is all about options, for sure, so I’m glad you like what you have. We searched for years and researched and toured and preferred Newmar. Our uncle is a fan of Winnebago... As long as people are happy with what they got. We won’t be buying new coaches every few year so long term construction quality and servicing was important to us. We hate the 1/2 bath concept in general so chose a Dutchstar 4054. We’ll be remodeling when we want a change verses buying another new coach and Newmar works on their coaches forever. Again, glad your happy and appreciate your list. It does demonstrate how people look at different things or look at the same thing and see it differently.
Happy and Safe travels.
Mle75749 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 02:08 PM   #48

Quote:
Really?, how many have you owned? I am on my second Thor owned, Entegra built Entegra. It is 4X the coach my 14 was when Entegra was Jayco owned. I haven't had any problem with the money spent. The 14, not so much.

Bob, you experienced the same thing I did on the tours I took of the two manufactures. Love it when the other brand owners have no documentation, only being a parrot to what they have heard on the internet.
Yes, the tour was interesting, and we learned a lot.
What I stated in my previous post, was exactly what we saw, with no embellishments added.
If I took the tour again, I might notice even more differences.
Some look at the interior, I look at the construction.
Thank for the chuckles. Glad someone else noticed the obvious bias against ‘integra’.
Hope to meet you someday while we are out and about, and can share a drink.
Thanks, Bob
MuggsnMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 05:33 PM   #49

Quote:
I didn't. Toured both plants a couple of times. One Travel Supreme and 3rd Entegras later, still no Newmar's. Great coach, but they are not the only coach. I hate the door in the 1/2 baths on the Newmar. Tore a belt loop on my pants going into one at one of the shows. Not or me.
Not all Newmar floorplans have the funky half bath doors. Mine has a regular hinged door that opens fully even with the slides in.
Old 09-22-2020, 05:21 PM   #50

Newmar Owners Club
I'm an old record on 2 things with Entegra: 1) Carpet inside (even in a Cornerstone) and 2) liquid heated floors. We arrive, turn our heated floors on in our Newmar, and have even/consistent heat in 30 minutes. The worst kept secret with Entegra is the spotty/cold spots even after 24 hours. We never boondock and could care less Aqua Hot doesn't use electricity. Oasis is better than Aqua Hot as well. We had AH in a Tiffin and had nothing but problems with it.

Talk with Newmar! You'll love the flexibility being able to personalize decor, colors, paint choices, etc.

Entegra did finally add a kitchen window. Yeah!
Old 09-22-2020, 05:30 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertboyz View Post
I'm an old record on 2 things with Entegra: 1) Carpet inside (even in a Cornerstone) and 2) liquid heated floors. We arrive, turn our heated floors on in our Newmar, and have even/consistent heat in 30 minutes. The worst kept secret with Entegra is the spotty/cold spots even after 24 hours. We never boondock and could care less Aqua Hot doesn't use electricity. Oasis is better than Aqua Hot as well. We had AH in a Tiffin and had nothing but problems with it.

Talk with Newmar! You'll love the flexibility being able to personalize decor, colors, paint choices, etc.

Entegra did finally add a kitchen window. Yeah!
I agree about the floor heat, but why is Oasis better than AH?
Old 09-22-2020, 05:48 PM   #52

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
I agree about the floor heat, but why is Oasis better than AH?
I can only speak from our experience. The Oasis is stronger, more robust. Zero problems and consistently reliable. The only negative we've experienced after 3 years is that it's louder outside...a low rumble.

Your Aqua Hot goes out in an Entegra also takes out your heated floors.

Many positives about Entegra! I don't mean to be negative. But certain things swayed us to Newmar after we thought we had decided on Entegra.

Angie at NIRVC loves selling Entegra because it's a simple matter to order/sell. No options to deal with. Ordering a Newmar takes far more thought and information.

Don't rush, take a minute to see what matters.
Old 09-22-2020, 05:51 PM   #53

Entegra Owners Club
You can't get a ceiling fan on a Newmar, so no Newmar for us. Wife won't live without her ceiling fan.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 05:59 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertboyz View Post
I can only speak from our experience. The Oasis is stronger, more robust. Zero problems and consistently reliable. The only negative we've experienced after 3 years is that it's louder outside...a low rumble.

Your Aqua Hot goes out in an Entegra also takes out your heated floors.

Many positives about Entegra! I don't mean to be negative. But certain things swayed us to Newmar after we thought we had decided on Entegra.

Angie at NIRVC loves selling Entegra because it's a simple matter to order/sell. No options to deal with. Ordering a Newmar takes far more thought and information.

Don't rush, take a minute to see what matters.
We looked at Newmar after owning a Canyon Star, which was a great coach even for a gasser. Newmar just appealed to us more than Newmar. Both are great coaches.
Old 09-22-2020, 10:34 PM   #55

After owning 4 Entegras and now 2 Newmars I agree that the Newmar floor heat is head and shoulders better than a Entegra and the Oasis is better, more reliable and has twin electric elements. The Entegra has much better paint schemes and customer service. Both are well built and Entegra has double the warranty. Agree Entegra has everything standard and more complicated to order Newmar but much easier to personalize it. Love the no carpet in the Newmar. Overall they are both great coaches and great choices. For us it had to be Newmar because of the 35’ Luxury New Aire, Entegra has no entry in that market and are really missing out. All JMHO
Old 09-23-2020, 02:58 PM   #56

Ditto on the 2 electric elements on the Oasis. Never use the burner for hot water or heat. Just the floor heat works quite well. If it gets really cold we have a couple of small space heaters. If no shore power, would probably use burner.