RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-09-2020, 02:46 PM   #1

Factory tour

Just got back home today from doing the Entegra factory tour yesterday.
Todd Hahn was our guide & we also met Joyce Skinner. Both are awesome people to meet.
One of the reasons we wanted to take the tour was to see for ourselves how their build was. I can say it was above our expectations.we mainly were looking at the aspire but in the back of our mind would of considered the Reatta or Xl.
About a quarter of the way through the tour we were convinced that the aspire (40P) was for us. Both look to be great coaches but the difference in the front suspension & the slide out mechanism is what sold us on the Aspire, among other details, side radiator, tires, etc.
If anybody is considering an Entegra I would strongly encourage you to take the tour & see for yourself the build quality & differences among the different models.
Looking at placing an order for our new coach in January so we will have it for the spring.
I have been trying to figure out over the last 2 years what coach we wanted & after stalking this site & reading all the good & bad, this site really helped me to decide what was best for us. So thank all of you for the questions & answers that were brought up.
Hoping to meet as many of you as possible in the upcoming years.
Thanks again to all & especially Entegra for welcoming me on the tour.
Take care & be safe!
MuggsnMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2020, 03:23 PM   #2

Not sure if your considering ordering a 21 or 22, but figure 5-6 months before you take delivery. We ordered our CS in May and will rake delivery in October
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 03:37 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Time your order that you are not in a cold weather build. I didn't on my 14, worst mistake I every made. It was too cold to work so nobody did and I received the coach in that condition. Congratulations, a new build is fun.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 04:30 PM   #4

Yes we were planning on a 21.
Thanks for the info on the winter build, might need to consider a different order date.
Thanks for the good info
Bob & Betty
Old 09-09-2020, 04:42 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
You might also want to find out when they will be switching to building the next model year. Unless they change things, the new models are usually out in March in time for introduction at the Perry show. The shutdowns may change that this year - and Perry may or may not happen. The good news is that a late model build usually incorporates a lot of the items being added to the new model.

Looking forward to meeting you on the road!
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 05:20 PM   #6

Thanks hdgoldie
That is something I did not know, like I have stated earlier their is a lot of great info here & it all helps especially hearing and learning from others that have gone through this process before.
The reason I am waiting for a spring delivery is I donít want to winterize it right away & I will be debt free in March or 2021. A good time for Betty & myself LOL.

Thanks Bob
Old 09-09-2020, 05:27 PM   #7

Just remembered that We were told that 2022 builds will probably be later in the year of 2021, they are just not sure when the 2022ís will be out. So my guess is it will still be a 2021 if ordered in January
Thanks
Old 09-09-2020, 06:35 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuggsnMe View Post
Thanks hdgoldie
That is something I did not know, like I have stated earlier their is a lot of great info here & it all helps especially hearing and learning from others that have gone through this process before.
The reason I am waiting for a spring delivery is I donít want to winterize it right away & I will be debt free in March or 2021. A good time for Betty & myself LOL.

Thanks Bob
Factory automatically winterize them regardless of when you order so you donít have to do that.
Old 09-09-2020, 08:06 PM   #9

Welcome to the board!

FYI, majority of wait time is for Entegra to order all the components and work the coach into the schedule.

So depending on lead time, a January order date might not be built at all during Northern Indiana worse cold.

Aspires go through paint faster than more expensive models, so only 2 weeks or so, the entire build, paint, and inspect process takes less month I believe.

Another thing to be concerned with. A late model 21 will still be labeled as a 21 and resale price won't be any different from an early 21 model. Now if your plan is to keep it for 5-10 years that won't make as much difference as having it when you want it.

If you have a pick-up date in mind, I would be working with a dealer to determine the time period to order and keep in touch with the salesperson as to updates of current delivery schedule. A good dealer/salesperson should be able to handle that.

Steve
Old 09-09-2020, 09:00 PM   #10

We have an Anthem 44Z on order. Build is supposed to start around the 25th. Have a factory tour scheduled for 10/1. Delivery sometime in November, we hope.
pstroke1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 09:00 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We took delivery of a "winter built" '18 Anthem in February of 2018. The build started right after Thanksgiving and was completed in late January. I'd guess that qualifies as a winter build. We had selected a February delivery because it fit with our plans for the 2017 - '18 winter and gave little regard for other considerations.

We haven't felt like there was anything inferior in our build that's related to winter weather construction.

However, there are a couple of things that, with a little more forward thinking, one might consider.

First, the expiration of the two year warranty can push your AIR into the winter. Ours was done in early February and turned out to be a non-problem. It's much easier to schedule factory time during the winter and the weather was cooperative. That's not always the case.

Which leads to the second consideration. It's likely that a winter built coach will result in a delivery from the factory to your dealer over highways which may have been treated with with some sort of de-ice chemicals. Some of those chemicals could be corrosive.

There are user applied treatments that counter the possibly corrosive effects of those chemicals. Some Blue Beacon truck washes are equipped to do an undercarriage wash which includes those treatments.

All things considered, I don't regret our February delivery/AIR. I haven't found any evidence of corrosion and the experience forced me to live in the coach in a climate that I've always avoided. Temps into the mid-teens were a complete non-problem in, as PJ suggests, a "four season" coach.

Take care,
Stu
Old 09-10-2020, 04:36 AM   #12

We are expecting a late winter early spring build, they did explain their build process & because the aspire 40p is not a hot seller like other floor plans, they might run a full week of the F or W floor plan then the 40p will pop in.
As for us we really donít mind the extra wait. We are just very glad to be able to order one & get back on the road during the year when ever possible.
We had a 2012 allegro open road gas before & sold it in 2019 with the expectation of getting a pusher. Now that time time is finally here.
Old 09-10-2020, 04:55 AM   #13

I do have a question about the wood decor.
How many on here have the natural cherry for their cabinets?
Wife likes natural & I like the dark cherry. We all know she will win but I was just curious on how many have the natural cherry & what you think of it, if u had to do over again would you still chose that or change to a different stain color. At the factory we were told that the natural cherry was not a big seller
Thank
Bob
Old 09-10-2020, 05:34 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Attachment 300513
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuggsnMe View Post
I do have a question about the wood decor.
How many on here have the natural cherry for their cabinets?
Wife likes natural & I like the dark cherry. We all know she will win but I was just curious on how many have the natural cherry & what you think of it, if u had to do over again would you still chose that or change to a different stain color. At the factory we were told that the natural cherry was not a big seller
Thank
Bob
Our new 21 is natural cherry. Our 14 had dark Tuscany cabinets. We never could get use dark cave look, especially on a cloudy day, after 4 years, we purchased the 19 to finally be able to get the open look and feel of the lighter natural cherry. That is just our style. Surprised to hear the factory said the natural cherry is not a big seller when many of the brochures and dealers ads feature the lighter cabinets. Second time I have seen that posted lately
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-08-04 11.42.20.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	195.7 KB
ID:	300515  
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote