RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-08-2013, 12:22 PM   #1

Factory Visit, Part Deux

We will be touring the Entegra factory on July 19th so if anyone wants me to see if I can find a coach in process, let me know and I will see if I can locate it.

My daughter and I had toured the factory last year, but this time I will be taking the DW so we will see what her reaction is to the build process. I was really impressed when we were there last year. It will be interesting to see what it's like now with the new facility being utilized.

Ed
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-08-2013, 02:19 PM   #2

We took the tour last summer also, and were very impressed. We are headed back there the end of this month, and like you hope to take the tour again. Enjoy.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:09 PM   #3

Ed, we will be there the week of the 15th getting a few small issues fixed, hope to see you there.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:40 PM   #4

Gene, it would be great if we did catch up with you then. I've been wanting to catch up with Tim while he was here in Buffalo with his new rig and I just can't break free time wise. We are headed up to Mackinaw first and then down to Middlebury to do the tour again.

Ed
Old 07-21-2013, 09:20 AM   #5

Wow, what a difference a year makes. Last year when we toured the factory it was before the expansion. Now the work areas are more spacious and they seem to be better organized. They are now getting out 14 units a week with a goal of 20 units. According to our tour guide the factory currently as a 14 month backlog. The factory tour was impressive the first time, but it was even more impressive this time.

As a side note about Entegra customer service. We had an issue with our step awning not retracting when we left the KOA in Middlebury. We drove with it partially extended to the Entegra factory. Our tour guide, Chris, helped us get the awning closed even though he was off work at noon when he finished the tour. We don't even have an Entegra.......yet, but he still helped us with our Berkshire issue. Now that is customer service with a capital S.

Ed
Old 07-21-2013, 10:12 AM   #6

One other high point of the visit to Entegra was that I had a chance to meet Gene and Ann of "Ann and Gene" and Lois of "Loisjlp." It was a special treat to meet up with these fine folks also.
Old 07-21-2013, 12:16 PM   #7

Ed, it was really good to finally get to meet you! Boy, you are right on with the new expansion, it is really nice over there now. Another big wow is the the way they have redone and expanded the RV parking area, now with room for 11 coaches! The one thing, it seems, that never changes here is the friendly people and great customer service. As you pointed out, they go way above and beyond the call of duty to be helpful, with helping you get you awning in with his own pickup for a platform AND off duty at that! Have a safe trip home.
Old 07-21-2013, 07:46 PM   #8

Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Have they got that rumored campground set up yet?

BTW...Gene, did you buy the "taxman" a steak?
slabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:41 PM   #9

Bob, no and no! LOL. The RV park got put on hold with the 77000 sq ft addition to the factory and the complete update and expansion of the coch parking lot complete with 50amp service and new. Asphalt as well as new asphalt at the dump station.