Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-16-2022, 04:33 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Fantastic video on the "New" Retrobands. Must Have!

As Brett Davis promised:

This test of a 70 MPH blowout, and after, with the tire broken down explanation is not to be missed. I am sold!

A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2022, 06:36 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Thanks for sharing Chuck.

That is a beautiful coach. But maybe I am a little biased.

First I want to say WOW. I am surprised at what a non event that looked like. Even if in traffic that looked controllable.

I do some rolling down the highway with my coach. My wife drives as well.

Rettroband is already money well spent just for the peace of mind. Of course we want to never need them but I am glad we have them.
Sold 2017 Entegra Cornerstone B
RVFunlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 08:36 PM   #3

Brett and Rob.... watched with GREAT interest and highly impressed with the new version of the Rettrobands, and of course, most by the performance. Bringing that Cornerstone to a safe and straight stop is MOST IMPRESSIVE.

Congratulations !!

And Chuck, thanks for bringing the video up to the forum.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 09:32 PM   #4

WOW! I have run both versions of Rettrobands so I have been convinced for a while BUT this video is much more impressive that I could ever imagine. I was sure it would be a great aid for controlling my coach if I ever had a blowout but I had no idea it would give this level of control with virtually no input from the driver, do counter steering, no wobble, no sweat w at all! Fantastic, this video reinforces that my investment in Rettrobands to protect my family is one of the best investments that I have or could make. Thanks Brett snd Rob for building and then literally standing behind your product and bringing it to the U.S. Coach market.
Old 08-17-2022, 12:00 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Excellent Video and Kudos to Brett and Rob for bringing this product to market, Angie for her presentation, and of course Jack who put Retrobands on our coach in June. He was very accommodating and took the time to answer all my questions as was all the staff at NIRVC Lewisville. Sure makes me much more comfortable knowing that we are rolling on the Retrobands!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8449.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	319.6 KB
ID:	373891  
Neon8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 02:48 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
I was so impressed with the test results of the new Rettroband, I am leaving for Nashville this morning to have a set installed Friday. What a fantastic piece of mind this should give anyone that had any doubts.
A very dear friend that was a profession truck diver had his right arm in a sling for 4 weeks from a blow out on a big rig. I have never forgotten that every time I drive the MH. Watching Brett in the test...I am leaving this morning to get a set installed.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 05:13 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
I have had Tyron bands installed on past motorhomes prior to Rettroband introduction for some added peace of mind. When we got our most recent motorhome I was anxious to have the new Rettroband installed. Like Hal and most other insurance, we hope to never find out how good they are. Thank you Brett and Rob.
Old 08-17-2022, 07:05 AM   #8

I had version 1 installed a couple years ago and ver 2 last spring. I wouldn't be without them. I've had people say to me that they don't want have a flat or blowout and be stuck on the side of the road not be able to find a tire guy that will be willing and able to remove the retroband and change the tire. My response has always been that I would sure be a lot healthier and happier standing on the side of the road discussing the issue with them than watching a tow rig or two pulling my crumbled coach out of a ditch. These tire professionals have seen every type of runflat that is out there and nothing is going to stop them from digging in and figuring out one of these Retrobands.

I had a bulge on my front passenger tire this summer and had to have a new tire installed before I could move. I called Chuck Lasley, got a brochure on the removal of the Retroband, a link to a youtube video for the guy to watch and a phone number for an installer at NIRVC that he could contact with any questions. He had it off in 20 minutes. He had not seen the Retrobands before and he claimed it was one of the easier brands to remove so far.

Had I not seen the bulge before leaving the resort I would have been on some twisting/winding two lane roads in the mountains of Virginia and I feel certain that the tire would have blown and the Retrobands would have kept me upright and on the road.

Nicely done video Brett.
Magic-carpet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 07:20 AM   #9

Given what is at stake, not much reason not to.
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 07:43 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Thumbs up

We've had both versions on our coach and will definitely have them installed on the next coach. The Tyron bands do require special tools to remove, which can cause some tire dealers to shy away from working on them. The RettroBands only require a simple 3/8" drive ratchet, extension and socket - which most anyone will have. I did have to remove my version one bands when I replaced the tires and there was nothing to it. I have plenty of miles on the latest version and there are no drawbacks - only positives.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 08:00 AM   #11

Its also interesting that the bands have a lifetime warranty, and the policy is that out on the road, if you should have a problem, you just remove the Rettrobands and tires (or have them removed)(not hard) and install only the new tire before heading to an NIRVC location to get a brand new Rettroband installed in the new tire. IIUC

For those of us down south, that is not too hard to accomplish.... those in the upper half of the country have more of a chore to accomplish, but still, this has moved into a "must have".

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 08:16 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Got them on my coach a couple of weeks ago. Very pleased ... I'm not strong enough to hold the coach on the road in case of a blow out. Driving without worrying about a front blowout .... PRICELESS
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 09:08 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Question - what is the cost of the units?

I forget if I posted this before, but I had my tires replaced last fall with Toyo's. The shop claimed he did the bulk of the tire replacements for the local RV dealerships. The rig I purchased had Tyron bands on it. When I returned I asked the installer if he put the units back on and he replied 'no'. I questioned the owner and he said they never reinstall them and proceeded to show me a pile of them in the rear of the yard. While blow outs do happen, he said the problem is over emphasized in the RV community. How come you never hear about this on big rigs? Good point I thought. He recommended keeping up with a regimented replacement schedule and you'll be fine.

So I have a set of Tyron bands sitting in my shop right now. I don't know what to believe. Fact of the matter is, and we can't deny this, NIRVC is in the business to make money. Of course they are trying to push a product. They are making some good coin on the sale.

Curious on other people's thoughts. Install the Tyron bands? Install Rettrobands? Do nothing?
Old 08-17-2022, 09:35 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
The reason you don't hear about it on big rigs is that the steer tires are not loaded as high as they are on big RVs.
Later...
Ray
RayandWendy is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
fan, video