Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-11-2013, 04:11 PM   #1

Father and son, new Aspire owners

I wanted to take the time to thank all of you who have contributed to the Entegra forums.
I would especially like to thank Mark, Cruzer, whose Entegra reviews last year planted the seed which made me question my already formed decision to buy a 2013 Phaeton.
Over the last few months I have studied these forums with great interest.
This culminated recently in a father and son visit to the Tampa show, followed by a visit to Lazy Days, where we both bought two 2013 Aspire 43DLQ's, which we picked up last week..
When I made my decision in the summer of 2012 to buy a 2013 Phaeton. I followed up with a visit to Red Bay in September. The factory tour was great, but Tiffin's campground, bursting at the seams with people waiting for service and warranty work, was a little unsettling for me.
Then when I analyzed all of the Tiffin reviews on this web site, I could see a recent trend in 2012 that was different to the rave reviews that Tiffin had built up over the last several years, where Bob had become a folk hero from all the stories of repairs he had authorized "out of warranty".
Cruzer's review "Looking In From The Outside, A Third Party View of Tiffin, Entegra and American Coach" was the final piece of the puzzle for me.
When we went to the Tampa show, my son and his wife had never seen an Entegra in person, although I had forwarded him the Entegra factory build videos to watch, and he had read Cruzer's reviews.
However, they were both still very skeptical, and deeply entrenched in their decision to purchase the Phaeton, having spent a lot of time in the summer of 2012 viewing Tiffin models all across Central and S. Fl.
When we arrived at the show, we viewed the Tiffin models first, and then went directly to see the Entegra line up.
From that moment on, there was no going back to Tiffin for either of us.
I would like to say, that after shopping our potential purchases to several Entegra dealers, LazyDays not only undercut them all, including those dealers who aggressively advertise huge discounts, but also had a selection of in stock units to choose from.
We placed our deposit, and several days later returned to complete the purchases, and after relatively trouble free CDI's, we took delivery.
Whilst parked in LazyDays en-site Crowne Club for three days and two nights, we were constantly visited by various personal and technicians, checking to see if we had further questions, or any new issues. What a comfort zone this was.
I have nothing but excellent reviews of all the people that I came in contact with at LazyDays, from start to finish.
I really liked the fact that my salesman, Joe Myers, never once telephoned me unsolicited after my first visit. He allowed me the time and space to process all the options, not only of which model, but also which dealer I wanted to use.
So now as new first time owners, I am sure I will be back many times with questions.
JeffK is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2013, 04:20 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Photo's please!
Old 02-11-2013, 05:17 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Welcome aboard...wow...two Aspires. Pictures definitely! And, congrats

Sounds like a familiar process as the one I went through.

Look forward to seeing out there on the road.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:41 PM   #4

JeffK, congratulations on your purchase's of the Entegra Aspire. As a former owner of one you made a solid choice( i recently traded up). What models did you get? By the way, I had the same experience with LD and you get the crown club! You are going to like the Crown club at LD and the technicians. While at the club You will get to know alot of the other Entegra owners and we all share experiences.Nothing like learning first hand from another owner about a coach while it is in service.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:59 PM   #5

Nice choice. I would love to see pictures also. My wife and I went and looked at an Aspire over the weekend and fell in love with it. We're still a few years out from buying one but we already know what we want and that's it. Congrats on the purchase and lets see them.
Whatnobeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:08 PM   #6

Love My Aspire.

Congratulations and welcome to Entegra. I am also a new Entegra 2012 Aspire owner and basically went through the same process you did. We definitely love our decision and have thoroughly enjoyed it since August 2012 and 6000+ miles later.

Jeff and Terri Burklo
Jburklo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:42 AM   #7

Both RV's are in storage right now. We tried all day yesterday to book an RV park for a long weekend, but unfortunately, being in S.Florida at this time of the year every park was fully booked for the next few weeks.
Will get some photos of our twin 43 DLQ's as soon as possible
JeffK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:59 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffK View Post
Both RV's are in storage right now. We tried all day yesterday to book an RV park for a long weekend, but unfortunately, being in S.Florida at this time of the year every park was fully booked for the next few weeks.
Will get some photos of our twin 43 DLQ's as soon as possible
I have a great idea for a trip in August. Come on up to Michigan in August for the first ever Entegra Owners Summerfest at Hearthside Grove in Petoskey. For more info, email me at entegrasummerfest@yahoo.com
2012 Honda CRV, Blue Ox Avail, AF1
tnrzryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:54 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnrzryd View Post
I have a great idea for a trip in August. Come on up to Michigan in August for the first ever Entegra Owners Summerfest at Hearthside Grove in Petoskey. For more info, email me at entegrasummerfest@yahoo.com
Will try to plan around that.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:36 AM   #10

Jeff, I met your son last week at Pelican Lakes when you both were here for one of your "shake down trips" before going back to LD. You had just left but he was hooking up his toad when I cornered him to find out how he liked the new rig. I had ruled out LD because of all the bad reports I have gotten while here for 4 months. Your son said that the buying experience was great, like your post says here. I will put them back on my list and I plan on looking up Joe as I will be staying there a few days on my way back to Minnesota. I appreciate your post very much and hope to have a similar experience when I buy my Entegra. Safe travels. Swenster
Swenster is offline   Reply With Quote