Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-06-2015, 10:39 AM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Fault Code SPN 251 FMI 10 ?

Fault code SPN 251 FMI 10 ? yellow ck engine icon.

Could someone please explain what I've got here. Came on yesterday and was briefly told by CS not to worry but call Spartan when I can. Wouldn't you know it's a three day holiday. I tried to look it up but not much luck, got some vague and different meanings. I don't think I know what I'm doing.

What does the SPN and FMI stand for?
What is the best way to research a code on the net.

Just found out from Sparan the Cummins fault number is a 3492 error?

Thank's
Pat
FMCA 212171
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-06-2015, 04:56 PM   #2

Pat

Download the Cummins QuickServe online App. Enter your ESN (engine serial number) and the fault code and it give info about code. Your code is abnormal time increase. Does look like a problem, maybe a reflash of the ecm.
Old 09-06-2015, 05:41 PM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGTrvlr View Post
Pat

Download the Cummins QuickServe online App. Enter your ESN (engine serial number) and the fault code and it give info about code. Your code is abnormal time increase. Does look like a problem, maybe a reflash of the ecm.

That's what I've been looking for. I can't get in touch with Cummins until tue. I drove it 275 yesterday and no issues. Have another 1000 more to go next week.

Thanks,
Pat
FMCA 212171
Old 09-07-2015, 09:30 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGTrvlr View Post
Pat

Can only enter Cummins codes into Quick Serve. You have to call Spartan to interpret their code into the Cummins code so for this Quick Serve is redundant.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 09:39 AM   #5

Yes, every Spartan code translates into a Cummins code, which is very different. I think that I have a list of Spartan codes, but I am going to have to do some digging to find them. Will report if I can get my hands on it.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 10:02 AM   #6

Pat

I found my list of Spartan chassis codes. Unfortunately, my official list is from 1999 to 2009 engines. For the ISL, there is no SPN 251 error code listed. There is a 249 and a 254 error code. The 249 deals with an ambient air temp sensor problem, and a 254 deals with a fuel shut off problem, but nothing there on a 251. Someone needs to come up with a URL to the current list. I did some serious Google searching and did not find it. Sorry.

You people that went to Spartan University, do you have access to a current fault code index?

Gary
Old 09-07-2015, 08:39 PM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan told me my SPN 251 was a cummins 3492 code. I've been unable to do the Quickserve look up. I have searched and came up with several code explations including abnormal time increase, the most, and saying non performance issue. I'll call Cummins AM.
Tks' Pat
FMCA 212171
Old 09-09-2015, 05:24 AM   #8

Pat

Very Interesting!! Never heard of a Cummins QuickServe site, and until I saw it in your post, never knew it was there. But reading that, I had some time this morning and went ahead and registered as an owner to access the site. Once there, there was little indication of a way to find a fault code, but noticed a FAC dealing with codes and followed it, and found the information.

You have to go to the service page (tab), once fully registered (know your engine serial number before you try), and a little down the page, you will see a place to enter the fault code and you get both an explanation and an assumed impact of the fault code on performance of the engine. It also lists the Spartan code (so you see both the spartan code and the translation (don't know if there is an easy place to enter the SPN code and then get the Cummins code)). Click on the blue link for the code and you will get an expanded explanation.

So, the Cummins site says the following: SPN code 251, Cummins code 3492 - "Real Time Clock - Abnormal Rate of Change. ... "The real time clock indicates a stuck engine off timer".... Effect on performance "None".

There you have it. It also shows a diagram of the sensor/module which is have the problem. Draw your own conclusions, but it sounds like a fault code that does not effect the engine, but may well need to be corrected to record "engine off time".

Gary
Old 09-09-2015, 08:26 AM   #9

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Pat

So, the Cummins site says the following: SPN code 251, Cummins code 3492 - "Real Time Clock - Abnormal Rate of Change. ... "The real time clock indicates a stuck engine off timer".... Effect on performance "None".

There you have it. It also shows a diagram of the sensor/module which is have the problem. Draw your own conclusions, but it sounds like a fault code that does not effect the engine, but may well need to be corrected to record "engine off time".

Gary
Thanks Gary, that is really a big help for me at this time. I can't seem to be able to stay up with all the problems occurring with this one month old Entegra Wonder Toy which at this time I'm not very impressed with.

Again, Thank's
Sincerely,
Pat
FMCA 212171
Old 09-09-2015, 09:54 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshAir View Post
Thanks Gary, that is really a big help for me at this time. I can't seem to be able to stay up with all the problems occurring with this one month old Entegra Wonder Toy which at this time I'm not very impressed with.

Again, Thank's
Sincerely,
Pat
Boy, have I been there! Once the Entegra problems were solved, it turned into which vendor item(s) could fail the fasts......Spartan is winning, but they have been outstanding. Exactly why we are holding off on a 2016 purchase....will the vendor items continue to fail? Time and road reports will tell.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 05:15 PM   #11

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Boy, have I been there! Once the Entegra problems were solved, it turned into which vendor item(s) could fail the fasts......Spartan is winning, but they have been outstanding. Exactly why we are holding off on a 2016 purchase....will the vendor items continue to fail? Time and road reports will tell.
Chuck, I think of you often. I know what you've been through. I think OH NO! not another Chuck Wagon! I'll try to keep the positive attitude which I Know you've Always had?

Pat

BTW, we turned in another problem today. Yesterday our Rear Camera quit. This morning, after calling about the camera problem and while getting ready to pull camp in the Seattle area, we had water in our basement area by the water/Auga Hot compartment. I told the DW it's not leaking that bad, don't worry about it.
Sometime I'll share with you some assembly goofs that will get your attention.
FMCA 212171
Old 09-09-2015, 07:10 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Pat I am really surprised on your new 2016 to hear of the number of problems. I have to say I was quiet impressed with the new manufacturing facilities and quality control. I would like to hear from you regarding the assembly and compare with what I received manufactured in the old facility with no quality control.
Old 09-09-2015, 09:07 PM   #13

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Chuck, I'm wound a little tight right now and am for the time being, going to take Thumper Rabbit's sound advice, " If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all." I'll share with you later. Soon. Let me get this thing home first. Thank's Chuck, &2U Gary.

Pat
FMCA 212171
Old 09-09-2015, 09:41 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Pat I totally understand, been there myself, even stayed off the forum not to say the wrong thing that I would be sorry for later. Travel safe and it will get better.