Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-04-2020, 09:18 AM   #1

Features on 2021 Reatta

We’re looking to upgrade to a diesel from a Tiffin gasser. After doing our research, it appears the Reatta 39T2 which we’re considering is much more feature rich to any other entry level diesel. We’re comparing the Reatta to the Tiffin Red, Newmar Kountry Star and Winnebago Forza. When comparing specs, the Reatta seems far superior to the competition in terms of value and most all features that would be options are standard with the Reatta. Simple items like 3 air conditioner units versus 2, slide out storage bay drawers, towing capacity, Spartan chassis, etc. all seem to make this a great value. Also, the two year warranty seems very compelling. The only downside my wife has is the limited finishes and the fact they are not more contemporary. Am I missing something? How is the overall Entegra experience compare with the others brands I mentioned? Is warranty work easy to get done without long wait times? TIA.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-04-2020, 01:12 PM   #2

We also recently upgraded. We came from a gas as well. I did not want to make the jump all the way from a 34 gasser to 44+ DP so had narrowed in on the Tiffin Phaeton 40IP. Entegra was not on my list as they had little to no choice in the shorter DP, (for us the Aspire 40P and 42DEQ floorplans were not a fit) In the search I came across the Reatta XL (are you talking Reatta or Reatta XL) in the length and floor plan that compared favorably to the Phaeton 40IP. We chose the Reatta XL 40Q2 based on rear bath layout, all electric, 3 ACs, Aquahot, heated floors, vacuum system, slide tray, solar prep, etc. In our list a dishwasher was the only item lacking and there is power and water if we choose to give up some kitchen storage for a dishwasher. Items I think I might miss (certainly don't know as I am coming from a 2013 gas) larger tires (295 at least) for a smoother ride, Maxxair deluxe vent fans, hung walls as the consensus seems to be they're quieter, although the vacuum bonded used here is so much quieter then my gas it doesn't currently matter to me and possibly air leveling, a larger inverter would be better also (but easily addressable if I want to spend the money on that upgrade). The Phaeton had some added spyder controls that may have been nice but Vegatouch on the phone/tablet makes up for that. I chose the Reatta XL 40Q2 based on the deal and the 2 year warranty.

To the initial quality of the coach. We had 21 items on our punch list (I think that is very short) after our first large trip (a 5000 miles round trip to CA from TN, and maybe not the smartest idea to pick up a new coach and 3 days later start that trip) Most were cosmetic in nature. 3 items were larger, we had to replace the VT screen as electrical settings would lock it up, we had to have ASA 'unlock' the camera systems (not done at the factory) and on our first trip we had a hub oil leak in the PS steer wheel that was taken care of by Spartan over 2 stops one at NIRCV LV to an incomplete fix and the second at LD in Tampa)

After 8K miles and our first chassis service, ongoing now, it is a great coach that has great initial quality and that fit our 'controlled' trek up to a 44/45 as I shift into (hopefully) early retirement.

Please feel free to ask anything of the XL and I will provide my experience or lack thereof.

Regards,
Jeff
jeff.herren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 04:06 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff.herren View Post
are you talking Reatta or Reatta XL

Jeff
We're looking at the Reatta, not the XL
Old 08-05-2020, 08:44 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I don't think the Forza belongs on your list. If you want "mainstream" competitors (which may or may not be lower-cost), add the Thor Aria and Fleetwood Discovery LXE. I tried really hard to like those two coaches, but in the end, we got the Reatta for less than we would have paid for either of them, and in my opinion the Reatta is superior to both. The Reatta had everything we needed and most of the things we wanted. The only thing we really wanted but didn't get was a third A/C, which was not an option on our '19 but is standard for '21. So it's even better now.

Most of Jeff's list of pros and cons applies to the Reatta as well. You just get a traditional LP furnace and water heater instead of heated floors and AH.

The warranty is pretty flexible and painless. It just takes time. The delay always comes not from the manufacturer but from the part suppliers. I don't think you'll see a ton of variation regardless of who you buy from. None of them have massive warehouses full of spare parts.
schad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 06:45 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by schad View Post
I don't think the Forza belongs on your list.
My wife likes the Winnebago because of the contemporary design options. I am more concerned about the specs and value to price. I don’t like the Forza chassis specs at all. I think it can barely tow a bicycle which is an issue for me.
Old 09-02-2020, 10:45 AM   #6

Did you drive the 40IH? I wonder how the ride and noise levels compare to the XL?

Thanks!
jgperegrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 06:20 AM   #7

After looking at a number of brands, we ended up purchasing the Tiffin 40IH. We moved up a notch in models and it was between the Entegra Reatta XL, Newmar Ventana and the Tiffin we purchased. Winnebago was out. I wanted the Entegra but my wife couldn’t get past the interior finishes. I think they’d sell far more by offering lighter, more contemporary colors and finishes. Virtually no options on the Entegra and great standard features that are options on the others. Also, it drove great. The Newmar drove extremely well but I was only able to drive it on newly paved roads. The dealer had his route and wouldn’t deviate from it. The Comfort Drive is awesome But the build sheet was mind numbing and the price compare to the Tiffin was much more. Plus there was a limited number of Newmar dealers. For me to get warranty work done would take me weeks of waiting and driving. Even after I asked about local mechanics, I got push back from the dealers. I’m not sure I believe him, but a dealer rep said Newmar pays full price for warranty work. If that’s true this would push me back to remote dealers for service.

Went with the Tiffin. Drove well, the noise level was the same as others on the test drive and it has everything we were looking for in an upgrade. The dealer is close and I’m used to their service department since I had an extensive list of warranty work that needed to be done with my Tiffin gasser. I learned my lesson on our first Tiffin and we’re reluctantly going to Red Bay for a pre-delivery inspection. I don’t think they have hotels within 30 miles of Red Bay but I want to eliminate as many issues before fit leaves the factory as possible.
Old 09-03-2020, 06:38 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
I hear that on interior finishes. We sold our 14 that we ordered with the lightest wood cabinets available. It was as dark as a cave and worse on cloudy, rainy days. In 4 year of use we never could get use to it and moved up to the natural cherry when it came out. You are not the only one that cannot get past the limited interior selections on some years and models. Best of luck on your new purchase.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 09:57 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I hear that on interior finishes. We sold our 14 that we ordered with the lightest wood cabinets available. It was as dark as a cave and worse on cloudy, rainy days. In 4 year of use we never could get use to it and moved up to the natural cherry when it came out. .
Their finishes are disappointing and surprising. I really wanted to purchase the Reatta XL since my priorities are specs and value versus finishes. I lost the battle the moment we walked into the coach. The value Entegra provides on paper is much better than any competitor.
Old 09-03-2020, 02:14 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoRick View Post
Their finishes are disappointing and surprising. I really wanted to purchase the Reatta XL since my priorities are specs and value versus finishes. I lost the battle the moment we walked into the coach. The value Entegra provides on paper is much better than any competitor.
Reminds me of Bayliner boats. The fiberglass hulls were so thin you could see a flashlight being shined inside from the outside. But, they made the interiors pretty and the wives bought the heck out of them.

The best product on the market doesn't sell as well as a lesser product the looks better. MH designers need to look at that. I believe the lighter wood cabinets are the best sellers for Entegra.....WHY did it take so long to make them available?
Old 09-03-2020, 02:24 PM   #11

Quote:
Reminds me of Bayliner boats. The fiberglass hulls were so thin you could see a flashlight being shined inside from the outside. But, they made the interiors pretty and the wives bought the heck out of them.

The best product on the market doesn't sell as well as a lesser product the looks better. MH designers need to look at that. I believe the lighter wood cabinets are the best sellers for Entegra.....WHY did it take so long to make them available?
Chuck, a long-time friend of mine had a Bayliner some years ago. He and his family had plenty of fun with it, but not long after buying it he started referring to is as the Trash Can Liner.
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 02:33 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LWBAZ View Post
Chuck, a long-time friend of mine had a Bayliner some years ago. He and his family had plenty of fun with it, but not long after buying it he started referring to is as the Trash Can Liner.
I hear that . The number of Bayliners that have split apart in my area in rough water is unbelievable. I had a friend that was a marine insurance adjuster. Some of the claims he relayed were unreal. Old saying, "You can't pound rough water in the Gulf in a Bayliner"
Old 09-03-2020, 06:08 PM   #13

Quote:
I felt silly ruling out a MH due to cabinet colors but that’s what happened. My wife shut it down fast. My original post indicated what I was originally interested in. Not only didn’t I get the Entegra but I moved up in models to get close to the Reatta XL. Probably cost me $75,000.

I don’t understand the color palette’s from most of the manufacturers. The dealers tell me dark wood sells and light colors sit. With so many people getting into the RV market I would hope they modify the selection. It just design and color, not anything more.
Old 09-03-2020, 06:21 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoRick View Post

I don’t understand the color palette’s from most of the manufacturers. The dealers tell me dark wood sells and light colors sit. With so many people getting into the RV market I would hope they modify the selection. It just design and color, not anything more.
I think the light wood sells and the dark wood are what dealers have on the lot available to sell. JMO