Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-21-2013, 03:02 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Final Steps on Anthem Purchase

First off -- want to say thanks to the group here for taking the time to post valuable information for Entegra owners and future owners (like me).

We are new to RVing but have been doing my "pre-purchase" homework for about 18 months now and our family has decided on a 2014 Anthem 42RBQ.

Have been to five large dealerships (TX, NC, OR, and FL) and Hershey earlier this year.

Orlando RV has presented us with a nice offer and the model they have on hand has the floor plan and all the interior and exterior colors we are looking for.

Here is my question:

Once I give the dealer the green light, is there someone (current or former Entegra owner) who lives near Orlando that could take couple hours with me and help me inspect the coach from an owners perspective?

I just want to make sure I am not missing something before I sign on the dotted line.

I am sure we could work out some kind of compensation for your time

Thanks,

Curt
Curtisgeiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2013, 03:42 PM   #2
D333RLT Tower

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtisgeiger View Post
First off -- want to say thanks to the group here for taking the time to post valuable information for Entegra owners and future owners (like me).

We are new to RVing but have been doing my "pre-purchase" homework for about 18 months now and our family has decided on a 2014 Anthem 42RBQ.

Have been to five large dealerships (TX, NC, OR, and FL) and Hershey earlier this year.

Orlando RV has presented us with a nice offer and the model they have on hand has the floor plan and all the interior and exterior colors we are looking for.

Here is my question:

Once I give the dealer the green light, is there someone (current or former Entegra owner) who lives near Orlando that could take couple hours with me and help me inspect the coach from an owners perspective?

I just want to make sure I am not missing something before I sign on the dotted line.

I am sure we could work out some kind of compensation for your time

Thanks,

Curt
Can't help you out as I'm in Texas. However, if this a new coach, you will have a two year warranty.
Old 07-21-2013, 04:49 PM   #3

Yes agree on the two year warranty. IF you want it better move QUICK, Robin is a great salesman and WILL have it sold very soon., just sayin....,,,,,,
Old 07-21-2013, 05:11 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
We were brand new; 1st coach ever, and I'm not particularly mechanically inclined...we got by. Followthe 73 point checklist they give you to make sure they run through each system with you. That will show you that most everything is working properly. Tehn go over the interior and exterior fit, finish, and paint and make sure that looks good. If iy doesn't look right, write it down and make 'em show you that it is right or needs to be fixed.

Review the videos, use the threads in this forum, and PM someone if you don't feel comfortable asking in public. It is a helping group. When you combine that with Entegra Customer Service...you'll be fine. Get a test ride and see if you can get into the LazyDays Drivers Course...also a good aid.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:19 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks all. I was able to connect with a forum member / Entegra owner in Florida and he has agreed to accompany me during a portion of the delivery inspection -- just what I was looking for.

Curt
Old 07-23-2013, 02:07 PM   #6
D333RLT Tower

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
based on another thread, you might as well have the dealer epoxy all the hinges into place.
Old 07-23-2013, 02:56 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Epxoy on the new cabinet hinges is now on the list -- thanks!
Old 07-23-2013, 05:16 PM   #8
D333RLT Tower

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
You are very welcome. Just wish I'd had the same done!
Old 07-23-2013, 07:14 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
We looked at that MH today with Robin's son Eric. He had a hard time getting the front street side slide to work. The actuator would "click" but the motor would not engage. Do check that out. There are also 2 small scratches on the medicine cabnet door in the 1/2 bath, looks like from a diamond ring. Thankfully they are only surface scratches and easy to touch up.
We will also be upgrading to a 42 RBQ. That one just wasn't our color. After owning our TS for 10 years, I wouldn't even consider another manufacture after taking the Entegra factory tour.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
purchase, steps