Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-04-2019, 08:08 PM   #15

Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
backing in your driveway

my driveway is a bigger than yours - but it is still interesting

I just tried using my security camera on the house / tablet in the RV to view backing in. Worked very well to see where my tag was when I make the 90 into the driveway.

I've found using the house one is better than the one pointed down the driveway "gives a better angle of what's happening back there.

DW was outside and said it was like watching a pro.
mike625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-04-2019, 10:39 PM   #16

Consider putting your Dometic in the drivers side front cabinet. Requires very little modification to the wiring. Advantage is most of us put stuff in the Dometic that we rarely need to get to, frozen food and the like. This opens up the first cabinet next to your entry door for stuff you use a lot. I have tools and spare parts, traffic cones, triangles, etc. in there (advantage...tools and traffic awareness belong on the curb side of the coach so you aren't in traffic trying to get to your tools).

Just a thought,

John
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 06:50 AM   #17

John

Not to get off track (and while I agree with the nice location of that passenger side front compartment, its not so nice that I would go to the bother to move the refer). I have found that the trick is to try to remember all the stuff that you want to dig out of any of the basement compartments and get all that stuff out before you run out all the slides..... now, that assumes I am not in the same place for weeks at a time. However.....

My comment is that you are the first owner other than me that I have ever seen talk about carrying along "emergency cones". Good for you! I carry three of those orange plastic cones from Lowes, the type with the highly reflective band around the cone about 2/3 of the way up. I deploy the cones if I am spending the night at a WalMart or similar establishment in the space or two in front of me so no bozo decides at 5:00 AM in the morning to park right in front of the coach and make me have to disconnect the Honda to get out. I also deploy them any time I find that I want to put out the bed slide (on a 45B) when we park next to a light post over night or better, when we are not up against a lamp post to emphasize the slide is out. I put one on each corner. My policy is that we keep all slides in except for the bed slide and I always try to find a curb on the driver side (the bed slide side) so the slide does not extend into the parking lot and hinder others.

But the cones are a great fail safe for various situations ( like actual emergencies ) and was interesting to see you mention them. They travel nicely in the first driver side compartment too.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 08:05 AM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Congratulation and welcome to the Entegra Family. For the most fun and to learn more about your BABY, Join ECOA CLUB or AIM CLUB and come to the Rally's. We love to help new owners. NIRVC pays your 1st year with AIM CLUB. Hope to see you on the road soon.
Anthem46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 10:35 AM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Nice looking coach, and welcome to the family. As you already see there is a wealth of knowledge here.
Attend a few rallies and you will meet a ton of great people. AIM club is a fantastic group.

Enjoy the ride....
burt_hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 10:53 AM   #20

Morride freezer tray is in... Not sure why the forum software spun the picture 90 degrees...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0220.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	330.8 KB
ID:	266022  
Old 11-06-2019, 11:49 AM   #21

Girard awning control question... Did our coach originally have a remote control for the awnings? I have seen the remote shown in several videos, but our coach doesn't have one. The only way we have of deploying or retracting the awnings at the moment is to use the Vegatouch...

Thanks...
Old 11-06-2019, 05:00 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1atom12 View Post
Girard awning control question... Did our coach originally have a remote control for the awnings? I have seen the remote shown in several videos, but our coach doesn't have one. The only way we have of deploying or retracting the awnings at the moment is to use the Vegatouch...

Thanks...
It should have a remote.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 05:03 PM   #23

Quote:
Morride freezer tray is in... Not sure why the forum software spun the picture 90 degrees...
Same one I have on drivers side and needed to raise to get latches to clear door seal.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 04:31 PM   #24

Your coach should have a white or cream plastic "holder" screwed to the front wall of the passenger compartment up near the top of the compartment (but on the vertical wall). That plastic holder should be there and holding the small remote control to operate the awnings. The remote color matches the holder.... flat rectangular... gray screen with the number 00, or 01, or 02 on it.... with an up down and left right button.... cream in color...

Now, if you dont have one, that is a major problem to me, and I would be calling Middlebury to figure out who I need to call to get one and get it programmed (probably Girard Corp.??). Running them in and out without standing there and watching them actually move in and out is a recipe for disaster IMO. I never operate my awnings unless I am outside and looking at them. The remote probably needs to be synced with your Girard controllers (probably in the same compartment, up near the top, called "turtles" (for obvious reasons) passenger side, or in the driver side and square, similar cream color.

A new remote should be a nickle and dime purchase. My advice is get one and use it.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 05:00 PM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:

Thanks...
On my new to me coach, the awning remote was missing the battery cover. I called Giraud and first asked for a replace cover, not available then was quoted $160.00 for a new remote. I have leaned to keep the remote in its holder upside down, although the battery fits inside the remote snugly.
Oldguy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 06:08 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Your coach should have a white or cream plastic "holder" screwed to the front wall of the passenger compartment up near the top of the compartment (but on the vertical wall). That plastic holder should be there and holding the small remote control to operate the awnings. The remote color matches the holder.... flat rectangular... gray screen with the number 00, or 01, or 02 on it.... with an up down and left right button.... cream in color...

Now, if you dont have one, that is a major problem to me, and I would be calling Middlebury to figure out who I need to call to get one and get it programmed (probably Girard Corp.??). Running them in and out without standing there and watching them actually move in and out is a recipe for disaster IMO. I never operate my awnings unless I am outside and looking at them. The remote probably needs to be synced with your Girard controllers (probably in the same compartment, up near the top, called "turtles" (for obvious reasons) passenger side, or in the driver side and square, similar cream color.

A new remote should be a nickle and dime purchase. My advice is get one and use it.

Gary
Thanks for the info Gary. That remote and holder are no where to be found inside the coach or in the basement. I will call Entegra today and order a new one. With regards to the location of the Girard awning controllers, I have looked in the areas you mentioned and cannot locate them. Not sure where they are located in my coach, but the "turtles" are good at playing hide and seek...

Adam
Old 11-08-2019, 06:37 AM   #27

Maybe someone with a 2017 could tell me where the Girard awning controllers are located? The remote may be hiding somewhere near them. For sure, they are not in the first passenger compartment or first driver side compartment.

Thanks,
Adam
Old 11-08-2019, 08:32 AM   #28

On my friends 2017 Anthem they are Drivers side 1st compartment behind wheel(behind a Velcro attached cover). Also he did not get a remote on his coach and he bought new
bfridge is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entegra