Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-26-2020, 05:04 AM   #15

Bill

To my knowledge, and I might be wrong, I have never seen a list of previous updates. That may exist but I have not seen it.

What I see is if you go into the VegaTouch with the gear icon at the bottom and then touch on the software bar near the top, it will show you the current version of the software that is loaded on your coach's system. On the main home screen (the left most button at the bottom), you will see a notification that a new version is available and do you want to download it? You can then compare what you are running with what is the new version. I always download and install my versions when I am ready to watch the install on the panel and when I am ready to deal with any issues on the install.

Most downloads and installs are easy and no problems. There have been times when owners download and install and there are problems however, so many of us don't download and install a new version over the weekend or during holidays so that FireFly is open and available if there are problems. This used to be a bigger issue back in 2018 when the 2019 coaches were first being produces as the FireFly implementation was very different and used new software for programming and there was a major change in the software. There were several downloads/installs that created some real messes for the coach's and FireFlys's engineers to solve. If you coud not get through to Firefly's software engineers on the phone, you might be stranded until you could. I got caught in one of those and was marooned in the Colorado mountains with heat pumps that I could not shut off in the summer 95 degree heat in one of those failed installs. I was not pleased!!!

Now that was a while ago, and there have been no major problems that I am aware of in the past year or so, but my policy is that I don't update on the weekend or holidays... For example, I am not installing this update right now because I am "on the road" back from Spartan today and I am not chancing problems with the update..

The only problem that you hear of is that some owners, like Brobox, once let four or five updates pass him by because he was not using his coach at the time, and there were problems in the process, and then when he wanted to update the software, the new software crashed and would not update because it needed software units or steps that were not there because of the updates he missed. So, you should update in reasonable periods of time and not let versions pass you by.... you can get into troubles if you get too far out of date

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-26-2020, 05:43 AM   #16

That is my fear. Update now, not knowing what previous owner may have missed. If there is a critical update missing, it could potentially screw up everything. Not sure if I should take that risk now, since all systems seem to be working. I see the update sitting there on my Vega Touch.
Prairie Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 06:37 AM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Dog View Post
That is my fear. Update now, not knowing what previous owner may have missed. If there is a critical update missing, it could potentially screw up everything. Not sure if I should take that risk now, since all systems seem to be working. I see the update sitting there on my Vega Touch.
I waited to long between updates on my 19 because everything was working fine. Back then, first wifi updates, there were problems with the new system, so I let them slide. That was a mistake, when I did need an update (AC's quit working) there was too big of a gap for the small VT computer to bridge the gap. The entire system locked up and I had to have Firefly accesses it though my laptop to upload the blank spots.
The VT is new to you, best thing is to make any update changes during business hours when Firefly can be called if there is a problem. Lately most of the updates of gone smoothly.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 01:33 PM   #18

I have done the “check for update” function on my 2020 Anthem B at least a dozen times in the past 2-3 months and no updates ever appear. Current load is 1.2.9 from delivery in December 2019. I have run the diagnostics each time too and all comms are good and restarted screen but no updates ever come up.
GrandPaPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 01:41 PM   #19

Nor'easters Club
Pat, just to be clear, are you connected to wifi and have 3 green bars in the corner?
ditto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 02:03 PM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
ditto beat me to it. The Vega touch has to be connected wifi to have any update information. What do you use for wifi while traveling?
Old 11-26-2020, 02:36 PM   #21

I don’t see three or any green bars, but the diagnostic results say I am connected to WiFi, to update server and other stuff. See pic of screen.
I connect coach to internet through a 3rd party modem/router/WiFi gizmo.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	367838D2-40F0-4062-9FFB-D1C41BC55090.jpeg
Views:	43
Size:	273.0 KB
ID:	309397  
GrandPaPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 02:50 PM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Something is not correct. Can you connect a tablet or other devise though the coaches Prepwave router?
Old 11-26-2020, 05:55 PM   #23

When I did the 1-3-12 update only difference I have found so far is if I go to the Vega touch I can turn the panel lights either on or off and the proximity doesn’t work for the panels, which is new.
After turning the panel lights on at the Vega touch if I turn them off with the panel light switch over the bed then the proximity works at each panel.
So at least you can now completely shutoff the panel lights if you want.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 08:25 PM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
FireFly software version 1.3.12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin101 View Post
When I did the 1-3-12 update only difference I have found so far is if I go to the Vega touch I can turn the panel lights either on or off and the proximity doesn’t work for the panels, which is new.

After turning the panel lights on at the Vega touch if I turn them off with the panel light switch over the bed then the proximity works at each panel.

So at least you can now completely shutoff the panel lights if you want.

Found a new switch for panel lights. Now has proximity switch for panel lights

[ATTACH]309449
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0121.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	309449  
B-Man49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 05:04 AM   #25

J.H.

Mine always have on this 19

Gary
Old 11-27-2020, 07:10 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
J.H.

Mine always have on this 19

Gary
Always have what?

I’ve never been able to turn the proximity part off. Even though they were off they still came on anytime you got close and sometimes when you weren’t close. Now if you turn them off at the Vega touch they are off and proximity doesn’t work.
Old 11-27-2020, 09:46 PM   #27

JH

You could always completely turn off all the panel lights, if you used the button on the overhead panel above the bed.... it shuts off all panel lights in the coach.

Gary
Old 11-28-2020, 06:27 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
JH

You could always completely turn off all the panel lights, if you used the button on the overhead panel above the bed.... it shuts off all panel lights in the coach.

Gary
On the 2020, at least ours, you could never completely turn them off. If you turned them off they still came on if you got close to a panel. Now since the 1-3-12 update you can completely turn the panel lights off plus there’s now an icon on the Vega touch where you can turn the proximity sense on or off.

Tags
fire