Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-06-2016, 06:47 PM   #1

FIRST 12 days in the new ANTHEM 42RBQ

Today marked the 12th day in our new Anthem 42RBQ. We made the trip from Atlanta to San Antonio with no issues. Driving the new coach was wonderful. I did notice right away that the steering does not return to center when making minor corrections to stay in the lane. I found myself working to stay straight. But after 1,000 miles I am getting accustomed to it. With the cruise set on 70 it really gobbled up the miles. We got home, spent one night in the house and then took off for a Good Sam's rally. Everyone in the chapter raved about the newest coach in the group. I must say that it really is a beauty!

So today we were breaking camp and the Winegard Trav'ler stuck half way down with the code: EL motor home failure. My first thought was oh s--- there is no ladder to get up on the roof to manually lower the antenna. Went to the case filled with literature, no help was there. Called Entegra, no help on Sunday. Called Anthem46, he was driving and tried to call NIRVC for me to ask what to do. I decided to Google the code and found a thread here in IRV2 that gave instructions on how to recalibrate the Trav'ler. My wife pushed all the right buttons and it came back to life. It retracted and away we went. Life is good thanks to this forum.
Tall Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-06-2016, 09:34 PM   #2

It sounds like time for a front end alignment check.... lack of on-center feel and wandering/constant correction has been discovered by several posters and traced to poor front end alignment......
Old 03-07-2016, 05:02 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Congratulation to you realizing how valuable the search function is here. It has also saved me more than once. The search function can give service faster than waiting on hold and always on Sunday

X2 on the front end alignment. Mine has been into shops 4 times including Spartan and Entegra and I still have a crooked steering wheel and a worn down right front tire.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 05:11 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Chuck, have you been to Jo-Sam in Orlando? They are a first rate chassis alignment shop.
MRUSA14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 05:24 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
Chuck, have you been to Jo-Sam in Orlando? They are a first rate chassis alignment shop.
No I haven't. Our PDI is in July and I am going to let Entegra and or Spartan tell me why the front end cannot be corrected. So far it has been aligned at Spartan during the steering mod, Steering timing adjusted at Entegra, another front end alignment at Perry Legends and tie rod adjustment at the Spartan shop at Lazy Days.
Old 03-07-2016, 05:30 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Just want to mention ... Entegra now has an alignment bay and all the 2016's were to be aligned after the house was installed. So that might not be issue and Entegra might not pay for it like they did before they had their own alignment bay.

If this is the OP's first motorhome, a 45 ft box on wheels doesn't drive like a BMW, does take a bit more work and looking way down the road to keep it straight. I know ... flames will start when I say this ... but no motorhome is going to drive like a high end automobile.
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 05:47 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Good morning we are back at NIrvc in Atlanta. got here about 2pm. I remember the lane issue & how white my hands were from griping the wheel so hard. When we called JR back @ NIRVC to tell him you got it fixed, he was calling us to get your #. He had the info up on his computer. He was glad you had got the problem fix on your on. I am so glad to know WE all have ENTERGA for help but it is really a comfort to me to be a part of the NIRVC family & they are there 24/7 for us. We can't wait to come visit your GOOD SAM GROUP, see you then.
Anthem46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 05:59 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthem46 View Post
Good morning we are back at NIrvc in Atlanta. got here about 2pm. I remember the lane issue & how white my hands were from griping the wheel so hard. When we called JR back @ NIRVC to tell him you got it fixed, he was calling us to get your #. He had the info up on his computer. He was glad you had got the problem fix on your on. I am so glad to know WE all have ENTERGA for help but it is really a comfort to me to be a part of the NIRVC family & they are there 24/7 for us. We can't wait to come visit your GOOD SAM GROUP, see you then.
So, Tommy ... you saved the OP's day ... good for you See you either Friday or Saturday. I'm looking forward to getting your help on a few things
Old 03-07-2016, 06:23 AM   #9

I think the steering may just be tight. I'm going to give it a little more time.

I spent 34 years conducting vehicle testing projects to evaluate everything from lubricants to aero dynamic fairings on trucks, including projects for the EPA. I had the opportunity to drive everything from motor scooters to the largest farm equipment over 30 feet wide and routinely conducted tests using class 8 trucks pulling double trailers. I wrapped up my career as an active member on the SAE committee for the development of fuel economy testing procedures and also participated on task forces with the Truck Maintance Councel (TMC). I continually mentored my truck drivers to maintain a straight line on the highway to minimize the side loading on the steer axle bearings. Wondering causes the bearing temperature to rise, which takes energy (fuel). In the world of testing attention to detail is what separates armatures from professionals. I also maintain a class A CDL with a bus endorsement.

I think the steering may just be tight.

I'm sorry. I haven't been retired very long and it felt good to rant a little!
Tall Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 06:44 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
You have more experience with the big rigs than I will ever have Enjoy your new Entegra ...
Old 03-07-2016, 06:49 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Larry, you may have just explained why my fuel mileage is lower than others. I have been blaming Cummins and my need for computer updates. But your explanation said it could be my front end pulling since new. The wealth of information on this forum is unreal.

Now I am more anxious to get a TPM and see if there is a temp difference between wheels.
Old 03-07-2016, 08:32 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
TallTex, a drive over to Deming could help you. Safe-T Plus is located there and would be glad to install and align their front end steering stabilization device -- will help prevent the white knuckles.
classicalgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 10:37 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicalgas View Post
TallTex, a drive over to Deming could help you. Safe-T Plus is located there and would be glad to install and align their front end steering stabilization device -- will help prevent the white knuckles.

Do they make it for IFS?
Gasman 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 12:04 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Yes, you can get it for IFS, but not with the trim option. (I asked.)
MRUSA14 is online now   Reply With Quote