Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-14-2018, 06:59 AM   #15

My Lowe’s (all 4 of them) says it no longer handles that clear, reinforced, flexible pipe. They have it in 25 or 50’ lengths only and they have no cut pieces available. Same for Home Depot. When I asked about it, the salesman said something like, “Well, Lowes did a study and it was costing Lowe’s $XXXX every month to stock it and so they don’t carry it anymore, blah, blah, blah”. Guess the fact that people need it sometimes, is just not profitable enough for them. I am going to have to drive around and try to find someone who does make money off of flexible hose.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-14-2018, 07:02 AM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Gary, lucky my Lowe's had it. Try West Marine that hose is also used on boats.

Here's the Lowe's number if it helps just taken at the Cape Coral store top shelf in plumbing
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180814_092748.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	196.0 KB
ID:	215060  
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 04:20 PM   #17

Yep, I found the right stuff still on the shelf at a Lowes across the Red River (who still had it.... $4.40 a linear foot). Once its gone, no more per-foot at Lowes, supposedly.

Also, stopped at a Tractor Supply for my secondary fitting up near the plastic door, and they don't have Banjo brand couplings.... theirs are made by Green Leaf Inc and are called "Gator Lock". More expensive slightly. The difference is that they have locking pins on both cam locks so they cannot accidentally come loose once they are locked down. Appears to be good quality. Looks like the patent ran out for Banjo, and Gator got into the business.

Gary
Old 08-14-2018, 04:21 PM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
My Lowe’s (all 4 of them) says it no longer handles that clear, reinforced, flexible pipe. They have it in 25 or 50’ lengths only and they have no cut pieces available. Same for Home Depot. When I asked about it, the salesman said something like, “Well, Lowes did a study and it was costing Lowe’s $XXXX every month to stock it and so they don’t carry it anymore, blah, blah, blah”. Guess the fact that people need it sometimes, is just not profitable enough for them. I am going to have to drive around and try to find someone who does make money off of flexible hose.

Gary

Gary,

My Lowes sells it by the foot but wouldn’t sell me 1/2 foot (but would cut my 12” purchase in half) so I have a 6” piece I will never use. If you still need it PM your address to me and I will mail it to you tomorrow.
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 04:29 PM   #19

Vance

I appreciate your kind offer and I would have jumped at it if I had not already bought 2' of it at Lowes this afternoon. I felt magnanimous at the time, its pretty big, stiff stuff so I doubt that I will use anywhere close to that amount .... gotta keep Lowes healthy as I am praying that they will build one beside the WalMart that recently went in a mile from my house (there are rumors....). If I get a Lowes and a WalMart, I will sell both cars and buy a golf cart and except for the Cornerstone, be 100% electric! Sadly, the way it works at UPS, USPS, and FEDEX, it will cost someone more to ship what I have left over than it will cost to buy it.... come to Quartzsite this January and its yours, or at least, we can divide it up.

I fully imagine that I will have at least a foot of it also available to the next guy that tackles this project, and will make it available when I'm done with it for the asking.

Thanks again for the offer Vance!

Gary
Old 08-14-2018, 08:57 PM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Gary,

The recommended 6” makes an easily stowable piece. I don’t think I would like mine any longer. (No snickers!)
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 06:59 AM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Gray, I thought the quality of the Gator connectors from Tractor Supply was also much better than the Banjo I purchased online. Really like the locking tab feature....sure saves the chance of an accidental opening.
Old 08-15-2018, 03:32 PM   #22

I did this mod a couple of years ago, but used a clear hose. I leave this connected all the time while in Florida during winter season.I have found that the clear discolors I believe from sunlight. I would recommend hanging on to the extra so it can be replaced if it does discolor
Old 08-15-2018, 07:39 PM   #23

Thanks for that comment Clayton...

Gary
Old 08-18-2018, 07:56 AM   #24

My hose has now split twice. Where can u buy a replacement hose. Also mine doesn’t have the nylon covering over the hose. Is that something new?
Old 08-18-2018, 08:57 AM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorrick View Post
My hose has now split twice. Where can u buy a replacement hose. Also mine doesn’t have the nylon covering over the hose. Is that something new?
Entegra updated the hose, IIRC, replaced them under warranty. The shielding has stopped the reports on split hoses.

Here is the post about hose upgrading, might find the replacement information.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/ente...ns-323159.html
Old 08-18-2018, 12:57 PM   #26

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Rick, I went on a search to see if I could find the shielding that Entegra uses on the hoses. I found an old post that gave this link. It looks like the right shielding.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075R51KVD?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf
Old 08-19-2018, 06:18 AM   #27

Thanks! Found hose on eBay for 74 and shield on amazon. Did Entegra reroute your hose connection out the bottom on your 19’ like several people have done or still threw the box?
Old 08-19-2018, 11:18 AM   #28

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Thanks! Found hose on eBay for 74 and shield on amazon. Did Entegra reroute your hose connection out the bottom on your 19’ like several people have done or still threw the box?
The 19's went back to the original inspection plate cut out in the hose bay. I have only used the hose twice, after the first time I did the mod to remove the head and go out through the hole in hose bay the second time. I haven't used it enough to be an expert, but it didn't seem to be much of a problem. I will shorten the hose to make walking the hose easier.