Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-16-2013, 08:37 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
First Entegra snow

It's actually our first motorhome snow!

28 degrees last night and about 2" of snow. We sleep with floor heat on electric so woke to the front of the coach at 54 degrees. Turned the burner and fireplace on and it quickly went to 72. Nice and cozy throughout.

The dogs are sure monsters are invading each time snow slides down the windshield. They are very brave, as long as the monsters are on the outside!
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-16-2013, 08:59 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
The first snow in the MH is always fun.....it's too many there after reminds me why I moved the FL 25 years ago Glad you are having fun on the trip and probably seeing things, like snow, you don't see at home.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:45 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBart View Post
It's actually our first motorhome snow! 28 degrees last night and about 2" of snow. We sleep with floor heat on electric so woke to the front of the coach at 54 degrees. Turned the burner and fireplace on and it quickly went to 72. Nice and cozy throughout. The dogs are sure monsters are invading each time snow slides down the windshield. They are very brave, as long as the monsters are on the outside!
Sounds great. Where are you located today?

Curt
Curtisgeiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 01:16 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Vance, and others if you get caught in the snow overnight, make sure you brush off the snow on you slide toppers; particularly if it is a wet snow. It will stretch the fabric quite a bit, resulting in sag long term if you don't. Also, when you bring the slide in, you risk damage as the snow doesn't have anywhere to go as it increasingly stacks up against the topper reel...a downside to the type of toppers they put on our slides.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 02:01 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
X2. Slides would not close on our DSDP after a 4 inch snow in Utah. I found myself on the roof sweeping. One more point for attached ladder.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 03:35 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
We're in Eagle, Idaho. It doesn't snow much here in Treasure Valley but the mountains all around us are full of snow. Everything we got last night is gone.

Thanks for the warning about snow on slide toppers. I forgot my snow broom at home but it works out all right since I don't have a way to get on top anyway! I will fix both of those issues tomorrow.
Old 11-16-2013, 04:53 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Step ladder and a wash brush on an extendable rod. Don't use the brush to wash anymore:( But I keep it along after a wet snow experience in Sioux Falls.
Old 11-16-2013, 05:59 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
I intend to buy a 3-4' step ladder to wash the windshield with. I am 6' 2", will that get me high enough to push snow?
Old 11-16-2013, 06:47 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
I intend to buy a 3-4' step ladder to wash the windshield with. I am 6' 2", will that get me high enough to push snow?
Doubt it. At the very least you need 6", unless you don't mind standing on the top (4+6 equals ten, and you're not only going to want to get the windshield, but you'll want to take the bugs off the top of the front cap in a timely manner...yu need about 8' min for that). My recommendation is the Werner Multi-use that gives you a 9"step ladder and unfolds to allow you on the roof. Fits underneath. Weighs about 30#. Available at Home Depot and Lowe's. I'm 6'2".
Old 11-17-2013, 05:53 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Just for the windshield suggestion. I use to fight pulling the step ladder out to wash the windshiled, now I use an exention handle bug scrubber/squeegee combination sold at Walmart in the RV Dept. Much faster and easier and takes up a lot less space. I use a teaspoon of Prell shampoo in a quart spray bottle, best window cleaner I have found.
Old 11-17-2013, 06:48 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
I have a scrubber, squeegee and long handle but streak the windshield so like to be able to get up to clean it sometimes
Old 11-17-2013, 07:03 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Using a ladder to clean the windshield didn't work well for me and I like a clean windshield. What I found works best for me is an adjustable handled washing brush, 5 gallon bucket, garden sprayer and distilled, RO or di-water. I mix up about 4" of warm soapy water and use the brush to wash the windshield. Then immediately, before it begins drying, I spray the windshield down starring from the top with distilled water. What I end up with is a clean windshield and front cap everyday before we pull out and never leave the ground. Works best in the morning with cooler temps and if you are in a dry climate you have to get right on the rinse because you can't let it dry. A squeegee works too but the windshield has a lot of curve to it especially as you get near the sides and it's hard to get a good drag on it.
TerryO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 07:24 AM   #13

Quote:
It's actually our first motorhome snow!

28 degrees last night and about 2" of snow. We sleep with floor heat on electric so woke to the front of the coach at 54 degrees. Turned the burner and fireplace on and it quickly went to 72. Nice and cozy throughout.

The dogs are sure monsters are invading each time snow slides down the windshield. They are very brave, as long as the monsters are on the outside!
Vance use caution when dealing with snow and ice it's not your motorhomes best friend. It dumped 9 inches here last night. Our coach is now hibernating in our shop. Happy travels.
2003 34FDDS Alpine Banks 430hp #74869
Viola, Idaho 3rd Armored Cav & 3rd Infantry Division
tiredvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:44 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
I have a scrubber, squeegee and long handle but streak the windshield so like to be able to get up to clean it sometimes
I can understand that.