Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-22-2020, 10:56 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
Guess where I was sitting when I read your post?
Too much information!
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-22-2020, 11:04 AM   #44

Jerry, your signature block indicates you have a 2018 Aspire 42DEQ. From your posts, I’m implying you’ve changed to a coach with an F floorplan?
Attached Images

Old 09-22-2020, 11:57 AM   #45

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by LWBAZ View Post
Jerry, your signature block indicates you have a 2018 Aspire 42DEQ. From your posts, I’m implying you’ve changed to a coach with an F floorplan?

Correct. I use the iPad app and have not been able to change signature with that but if you look up my info
It should have my ‘21 Anthem 44F.

First long drive yesterday and not impressed with EZ Steer in windy weather. I don’t feel a significant difference from my Aspire while driving
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 10:39 PM   #46

I think you will like the EZ steer when you get used to it. My Newmar Comfort Drive took me a little to settle in and get the feel, love it now after a full day in a 40 mph crosswind I felt more relaxed than spending the day in same conditions on my 2016 Cornerstone. JMHO
Old 09-23-2020, 05:29 AM   #47

Entegra Owners Club
Gene where do you find the steering setting comfortable in windy conditions? I set the control full on the first time I tried it backing in my driveway. I was all over the street, looked like newbie. There is a learning curve to the EZ steer and I don't know it.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 11:59 AM   #48

Chuck, Gene has a lot of real-world experience with the Comfort Drive/E-Z Steer system (same system, different names), so he will be able to give you a definitive answer to your question.

For what it may be worth, in the course of diagnosing some drivability issues with our 2018 Cornerstone I ended up test driving half a dozen coaches with that system (four Newmars, two Entegras). What I found was that if you dial the system all the way down, you'll know it's active but it won't be all that noticeable. Conversely, if you dial it all the way up, the steering will have a significant amount of resistance. I found the best approach (for me anyway) was to start out with the setting right in the middle and tweak up or down from there as you drive until you figure out what suits your preference.
Old 09-23-2020, 12:02 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Gene where do you find the steering setting comfortable in windy conditions? I set the control full on the first time I tried it backing in my driveway. I was all over the street, looked like newbie. There is a learning curve to the EZ steer and I don't know it.
Chuck, I set mine a hairs width above half way first day I drove the Cornerstone and haven’t changed it in almost a year.
It was pretty windy coming to Tampa Monday and the easy steer was great. You’ll still feel the sudden gust, but otherwise I thought it handled great.

Sorry Gene
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 12:34 PM   #50

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks for the feedback. Learned the hard way, do not use full assists backing in a tight circle the first time using EZ Steer. Talk about over steering.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 10:13 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post

I think it will vary with individuals but I like a little “feel of the road” but still want the assist for windy conditions and to prevent any fatigue. I prefer it just about 4.5, any higher for me results in oversteer especially in the wind but pretty much all the time at road speed. Rarely ever change it unless I know I am going to be doing low speed, tight maneuvering. Usually that would be in very tight quarters and need precise control. JMHO
Old 09-23-2020, 10:19 PM   #52

First Look at Entegra's New Z Floorplan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin101 View Post
Chuck, I set mine a hairs width above half way first day I drove the Cornerstone and haven’t changed it in almost a year.
It was pretty windy coming to Tampa Monday and the easy steer was great. You’ll still feel the sudden gust, but otherwise I thought it handled great.

Sorry Gene

Don’t apologize, we need everyone’s opinion, besides we aren’t far apart and I think I have adjusted mine twice for a maneuver and then right back. Bottom line I recommend that folks start at 5 and adjust until it fits your personal liking and then mostly leave it alone. I love it but do not feel the need to change it much. At first I thought it was a sales tool but came to rely on it and became a believer fairly quick. Guess I have drunk the koolaide! JMHO
Old 09-24-2020, 08:25 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
Don’t apologize, we need everyone’s opinion, besides we aren’t far apart and I think I have adjusted mine twice for a maneuver and then right back. Bottom line I recommend that folks start at 5 and adjust until it fits your personal liking and then mostly leave it alone. I love it but do not feel the need to change it much. At first I thought it was a sales tool but came to rely on it and became a believer fairly quick. Guess I have drunk the koolaide! JMHO
Ours doesn’t have numerical values, just a scale like the fuel gauge. What would 4.5 equate to on that scale? How high does your numbers go?
Old 09-24-2020, 12:58 PM   #54

Goes to ten, so a little less than half way.
Old 09-24-2020, 12:59 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann n gene View Post
goes to ten, so a little less than half way.
👍👍👍

Tags
entegra, floor