RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-13-2020, 04:08 PM   #1

First Look at Entegra's New Z Floorplan

On Friday (9/11/2020), Amy & I had the opportunity to get our first in-person look at an Entegra motorhome with the new-for-2021 Z floorplan. The coach we viewed as a Cornerstone 45Z, but the 44Z plan available in the Aspire and Anthem is virtually identical.

As some of you know, the Z plan is basically a stretched out version of the DEQ plan that has been available (and very popular) for a number of years in the Aspire and Anthem product lines. The key difference is that the Z plan adds a spacious walk-in closet at the aft end of the coach. The longer overall length also results in additional basement storage space.

We have a 45B floor plan in our 2018 coach, so it was interesting to compare the Z to our plan.

The most obvious difference is that the Z has a single mid-bath area versus the bath & a half layout in the B. In our case, we didnít buy the B because we had to have a bath & a half; we chose it because it was, in our opinion, the best available plan in that particular model year.

Looking at the Z, we saw two bathroom sinks, plenty of bathroom counter space, and plenty of bathroom storage space. The shower seemed to be a bit smaller than the one in our B, but the numbers on the floor plan diagrams indicate it isnít. Bottom line, we concluded we would be fine with the single-bath configuration in the Z.

The forward living area/galley area in the Z plan is very similar to our B plan. The most obvious difference is that the galley countertop in our B is 97 inches long (a tick over eight feet), while the galley countertop in the Z was almost a foot less at 86 inches long. We cook & eat in the motorhome considerably more often than we eat out, so we prefer a lot of galley countertop space.

And it isnít just countertop space. As the countertop loses length the storage drawers and/or compartments below the countertop necessarily lose capacity as well. Our B plan and the Z plan both have space for a 100 inch sofa forward of the galley on the passenger side of the coach. Given a choice, I would willingly give up a foot or so of the sofa space to have the Bís galley layout in the Z.

Food storage space in the Zís galley area was good, with a decent size pantry just aft of the refrigerator and additional storage available in the hutch just aft and inboard from the pantry. Our B has a wider pantry, and the newer Bís also have a hutch, so for owners looking to maximize galley-area storage space the B has a slight advantage over the Z.

The Zís bedroom was well designed, with a bit more space on either side of the bed and slightly wider nightstands than our B. Also interesting were wardrobe closets on either side of the bedroom TV, which was centered over the bedroom window on the driverís side. We noted that one or both of those wardrobe closets could easily be used for additional pantry space, especially since they were already equipped with shelf rails and shelves.

The walk-in closet at the aft end of the coach has a full width hanging rod, although we noticed you wouldnít be able to hang anything very long on the last foot & a half or so of the driverís side due to a set of storage shelves in the aft corner on that side. The stacked washer & dryer were well positioned and easily accessible.

For those concerned with privacy, the Z has three pocket doors Ė one that separates the galley area from the mid-bath, one that separate the mid-bath from the bedroom, and one that closes off the aft closet area.

Our bottom-line impression of the Z plan was very favorable. Weíre not in the market for a new coach just yet, but when we are the Z plan will definitely be on our candidate list.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2021 Cornerstone 45Z Floor Plan.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	300953   Click image for larger version

Name:	2021 Anthem 44Z Floor Plan.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	300954  

Name:	2021 Aspire 44Z Floor Plan.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	300955  
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-13-2020, 04:32 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
That is a nice floor plan. Thank you for sharing and the nice narration Larry.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 05:44 PM   #3

Thanks, Larry. We looked hard at the Z plan and it really looked great.
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 05:57 PM   #4

Bruce, as I recall you ended up choosing the Y plan. That is a very good single-bath plan as well - actually a little better than the Z plan in certain ways, including having the longer galley countertop like our B.

There is only one thing about the Y plan that bothers me. It doesn't seem to be a big deal to anyone else I know, so I have to assume it's just me. I'll refrain from saying what it is so as to avoid offending any current or would-be Y plan owners.

Y and Z plans (in that order) are included below for comparison.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2021 Cornerstone 45Y Floor Plan.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	300971   Click image for larger version

Name:	2021 Cornerstone 45Z Floor Plan.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	300972  

Old 09-13-2020, 06:16 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Again, the Zís problem is having a shower and the only toilet in the same room is a non starter for me
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 06:30 PM   #6

Which dealer did you happen to see the 'Z' floor plan? We have an Anthem on order and supposed to take delivery in November. Been combing the internet looking for pictures. Thanks!
pstroke1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 06:40 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWBAZ View Post
Bruce, as I recall you ended up choosing the Y plan. That is a very good single-bath plan as well - actually a little better than the Z plan in certain ways, including having the longer galley countertop like our B.

There is only one thing about the Y plan that bothers me. It doesn't seem to be a big deal to anyone else I know, so I have to assume it's just me. I'll refrain from saying what it is so as to avoid offending any current or would-be Y plan owners.

Y and Z plans (in that order) are included below for comparison.
Yes, We (DW) chose the Y

PM me
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 06:42 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Although we aren't in the RV world anymore - I agree that the Y has several advantages if you don't need the large closet, It was our favorite floorplan and served us well. I also agree on the shower/toilet issue
Old 09-13-2020, 06:44 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowabeachbum View Post
Again, the Z’s problem is having a shower and the only toilet in the same room is a non starter for me
Gary (and Emerson), maybe you could add blackout shades to the shower?

On a more serious note, I can see how that might bother some would-be buyers. Even so, the Aspire/Anthem 42-DEQ plan has the same configuration and Entegra has sold a boatload of DEQ's over the years.
Old 09-13-2020, 06:46 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstroke1 View Post
Which dealer did you happen to see the 'Z' floor plan? We have an Anthem on order and supposed to take delivery in November. Been combing the internet looking for pictures. Thanks!
NIRVC here in the Phoenix area. It was a sold coach that had just arrived. They were kind enough to let us peek inside while they were getting it ready for the new owner.

Since it was already sold, I doubt they had their photographer take any photos of it.
Old 09-13-2020, 06:48 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
Yes, We (DW) chose the Y

PM me
Bruce, you are obviously familiar with The Royal We...
Old 09-13-2020, 06:51 PM   #12

Thanks. We saw the Aspire 44Z at MHSRV and Brett Davis' Cornerstone at NIRVC in Lewisville. Just not seeing any at the other dealers. We ordered ours from NIRVC in Atlanta. Flying up to take a factory tour at the end of the month.
pstroke1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 06:54 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LWBAZ View Post
Gary (and Emerson), maybe you could add blackout shades to the shower?

On a more serious note, I can see how that might bother some would-be buyers. Even so, the Aspire/Anthem 42-DEQ plan has the same configuration and Entegra has sold a boatload of DEQ's over the years.
I love the DEQ as well except the shower/toilet room. Don't know why they couldn’t separate them in the Z. It’s a great floorplan.
Btw, I’m not worried about what you would “see” in the shower as much as the aroma! Lol
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 07:05 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstroke1 View Post
Thanks. We saw the Aspire 44Z at MHSRV and Brett Davis' Cornerstone at NIRVC in Lewisville. Just not seeing any at the other dealers. We ordered ours from NIRVC in Atlanta. Flying up to take a factory tour at the end of the month.
Todd Springs (GM at NIRVC Atlanta) and his crew will take great care of you. Even though we live in the Phoenix area, we took delivery of our 2018 Cornerstone at NIRVC in Atlanta. (Don't ask....all I can say is that it kinda-sorta made sense at the time.)

KJ (Keith Jones, but he goes by KJ) did a great job on our pre-delivery inspection and walk-through. Amy loves the guy and has been scheming to adopt him ever since.

Tags
entegra, floor