Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-20-2020, 02:15 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
First tight quarters backing with the 360 camera and new toll window.

Put the new coach into storage today where the 360 camera were put to use backing into the hanger. The cameras are great, but not the front wheel area. Sides and rear are fine, and that was all I really needed.

The new power toll window, not so much! I am average 6 ft, 210 lbs. There is no way I can stick my head out of that window, without moving the slow power tilt wheel to be able to stand up to use that window, and then I still can't see down. Sorry, but that window serves no purpose except to blow wind in your face. It is also impractical to pay a toll through that window. Another idea that was right up there with the Ollie Chairs. No one bothered to try one before installing them. Looks great on paper, but not usable.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-20-2020, 02:47 PM   #2

Not that its going to help you any but maybe a mid year change is in order on that unusable window?
Magic-carpet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 02:51 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic-carpet View Post

Not that its going to help you any but maybe a mid year change is in order on that unusable window?
It really needs to be done. Another annoyance is the window motor housing out of the corner of your eye while driving. Constantly looking thinking there is a car there. Again, nobody drove one on highway conditions.
Old 08-20-2020, 03:23 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
That is the reason I don’t own a 21. A power window is supposed to go up and down! What is so hard about that? I wish somebody at Entegra would actually use their products! They are great products! Some of their ideas however should never get past the prototype stage!
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 05:31 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowabeachbum View Post
That is the reason I don’t own a 21. A power window is supposed to go up and down! What is so hard about that? I wish somebody at Entegra would actually use their products! They are great products! Some of their ideas however should never get past the prototype stage!
To be honest, I had no problem with the 19 toll window. It opened to where the driver could use it. But putting the opening of the window even with the dash on the 21 is not even close to practical. It was faster to go outside to see if my front tire was on the mark than trying to use the power toll window.
Old 08-21-2020, 08:35 AM   #6

If the engineers in this country can send a man to the moon and back and now ferry astronauts up to and back from the space station, one would think that we could find an engineer who actually uses and drives and maybe even lives and travels in a motorcoach and with all that knowledge and experience, then design and engineer a window in a $600,000 motorcoach that would actually accomplish what it is intended to accomplish !

I only use my toll window to talk to RV park attendants or toll road people, and the window on my 19 is OK.... I dont need to lean out of it to see how to back up, so that is not a problem for me...... but the new window seems to have some serious design problems.... I dont think the engineering is an Entegra problem, Entegra's part of the problem is deciding to adopt it for their coaches.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 08:53 AM   #7

The new window is probably my biggest disappointment in this coach. We love the coach but clearly nobody thought this window through. Driving in heaving winds this window flexes out so far I am expecting it to shatter at some point.
zman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 10:27 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post

I only use my toll window to talk to RV park attendants or toll road people, and the window on my 19 is OK.... I dont need to lean out of it to see how to back up, so that is not a problem for me...... but the new window seems to have some serious design problems.... I dont think the engineering is an Entegra problem, Entegra's part of the problem is deciding to adopt it for their coaches.

Gary
I don't need it to back up either, but I have to be on a mark for my front tire so others using the hanger can get to the door controls which are in front of my MH. Too far left, or forward people can't get by to open the door. Some people have needs others don't, that window will serve none of them.
Old 08-22-2020, 06:58 AM   #9

Chuck

I wasn't criticizing you as I know exactly why you do try to look out the windows to see your mark in the hanger. Now you make some trips in and out or maybe you can extend the mark up the wall so you are right when line and your head are exactly on line.... I will be interested in hearing how the 360 cams work in your situation.

My comment was toward the more than a couple owners of our coaches that apparently cant back their coach up without sticking their windows out the window. That is dangerous to the driver and totally unnecessary if one knows how to look in a mirror while in their driver position..... now those drivers are going to be spending a lot more time in the repair shop dealing with rear cap problems. Plus, I just think it is hilarious to see it done.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wind, window