Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-04-2019, 10:21 PM   #113

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by firedoc View Post
Which Loves app is everyone taking about? What is the full name of the app. There are several, which one are we talking about?
Love's Connect
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-05-2019, 03:15 PM   #114

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobGed View Post
The following is a quote of a post I made on one of the other TSD fuel discount topics on this forum that I think might be pertinent here FWIW.

I haven't followed this whole thread, I'm not a banker nor a financial expert by any means. I do want to relate an incident that happened to me personally back in the mid 80's.

My first and last "Automatic Withdrawal". Who can you trust if not the Electric Company? So back in about 1984 I signed up for the Automatic Withdrawal plan with Texas Power and Light in Plano TX. My monthly bill in the winter was around $120 and with the pool in the summer plus the A/C it ran in the mid $200 a month. So needless to say when the President of our bank called me to tell me he had advanced $500 to my checking account to cover a couple of checks I questioned him as there was about $1,500 in that account at the time and I had only spent a couple of hundred myself. So off to the bank I went. When we went through the account it seemed that TP&L had cashed a draft for a little bit better the $850. I called TP&L from the bank and after about ten minutes they discovered that they had in fact drafted an incorrect amount from my account and the true bill was $255. They informed me that I would have $600+ credit with TP&L. I informed them that Safeway wasn't going to let me buy anything with a $600 credit at TP&L and I wanted my money back so I could feed my kids. They told me that wasn't happening and I had signed a check to them so it was cashed, correct or not and they had no way to give me the money back.

The President of the bank said he had no recourse as it was a signed check and according to their agreement it was good, wrong numbers or not.

That cured me of doing that for ever and to this day will not under any circumstances give any one Authorization to Draft on my account. I do use Bill pay but have a limit set close to what my actual bill will be and they won't send anymore than that.

Just saying!
2016 Dutch Star 4018 Newmar #605899
Old 09-06-2019, 05:42 AM   #115

For every person with a similar story of doom and gloom regarding their bank there are hundreds, if not thousands, of people who have had nothing but good experiences.
I just completed my application yesterday.
Just saying!
Old 09-06-2019, 06:08 AM   #116

Entegra Owners Club
Got my "call" yesterday afternoon :-) ... yes, I gave them my account number and my social security number. I'm looking forward to getting my card and being able to pump without going inside at Loves, Travel America, etc. and not just Flying J/Pilot (from the card I already have). Will be heading to the mothership and Spartan the end of September, so timing is good.
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
Old 09-06-2019, 06:27 AM   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by VP Chianese View Post
I haven't followed this whole thread, I'm not a banker nor a financial expert by any means. I do want to relate an incident that happened to me personally back in the mid 80's.

My first and last "Automatic Withdrawal". Who can you trust if not the Electric Company? So back in about 1984 I signed up for the Automatic Withdrawal plan with Texas Power and Light in Plano TX. My monthly bill in the winter was around $120 and with the pool in the summer plus the A/C it ran in the mid $200 a month. So needless to say when the President of our bank called me to tell me he had advanced $500 to my checking account to cover a couple of checks I questioned him as there was about $1,500 in that account at the time and I had only spent a couple of hundred myself. So off to the bank I went. When we went through the account it seemed that TP&L had cashed a draft for a little bit better the $850. I called TP&L from the bank and after about ten minutes they discovered that they had in fact drafted an incorrect amount from my account and the true bill was $255. They informed me that I would have $600+ credit with TP&L. I informed them that Safeway wasn't going to let me buy anything with a $600 credit at TP&L and I wanted my money back so I could feed my kids. They told me that wasn't happening and I had signed a check to them so it was cashed, correct or not and they had no way to give me the money back.

The President of the bank said he had no recourse as it was a signed check and according to their agreement it was good, wrong numbers or not.

That cured me of doing that for ever and to this day will not under any circumstances give any one Authorization to Draft on my account. I do use Bill pay but have a limit set close to what my actual bill will be and they won't send anymore than that.

Just saying!

so this has nothing to do with the Fuel Discount card. why tell a 40 year old story that has nothing to do with this thread
Old 09-06-2019, 06:32 AM   #118

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by danny285 View Post
so this has nothing to do with the Fuel Discount card. why tell a 40 year old story that has nothing to do with this thread
Lesson learned about giving someone draft right to your checking account. Still applies today. 40 years ago or not.
2016 Dutch Star 4018 Newmar #605899
Old 09-06-2019, 06:47 AM   #119

Monaco Owners Club
Scott.. my feelings exactly. and OBTW, I have setup a separate checking account for this and am applying for the card. It seems to be a great program with all upside and no/little downside.
Old 09-06-2019, 07:00 AM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by VP Chianese View Post
Lesson learned about giving someone draft right to your checking account. Still applies today. 40 years ago or not.
That was a time when there was no internet banking, no account alerts, and no way to instantly dispute charges. Most of that is available from banks so I don't really think it's relevant today but that's just my opinion.
You should obviously do what's best for you but preaching doom and gloom from 40 years ago doesn't impress many.
40 years ago most cars didn't have power windows and the word on the street was they fail frequently so don't buy a car that has them. That's as relevant today as your story. There are many more stories I have from the 50's and 60's but that was then and now is now.
Like the OP, I think I'll bow out now.
Old 09-06-2019, 07:43 AM   #121

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Should have my card today in the mail. I started receiving the emails with the daily postings of prices by station for Loves and Pilot on Tuesday. I am currently on a trip from TX to WI so did some comparisons along the way. I used Gas Buddy and Fuelbook apps to find cheapest prices, then compared them to TSD stations. Overall I would have saved $.20-$.40/gal with the TSD card. Sure will use it on the next leg over to IN for coach work, then back through KY to TX for return leg.
We average about 15,000 miles a year, and every cent we save in one area can be used for other purposes-like grandkids, good bourbon, good night out for dinner, etc. We'll travel coast to coast and north to south & return at least twice a year, so always looking for ways to maximize the $ and good times.
Old 09-06-2019, 12:56 PM   #122

I have voiced many questions in this thread, but I have done it because I virtually never simply jump into something until I fully understand the implications of what I am about to do, and there were aspects of this that were very concerning and needed clear data points to understand.

Now on the other hand, I have for years "screamed" about the issue that virtually no trucker or car owner (diesel cars - because they pay less out front at the "car" pumps) actually paid the ridiculous prices charged by the truck stops.... anyone with even low average ability to reason knew that the trucking companies negotiated a reduced price for their fuel and it was negotiated on the basis of their volume. The only group that paid those ridiculous prices were us motorcoach owners who had the same engines, got close to the same mileage, but had no organization that cared about us enough to put together such a program as TSD is doing here..... NOT GoodSams, NOT FMCA, not anyone that I have known about.... so some coach owners who liked the convenience or didn't want to be bothered trying to find cheaper fuel, or owners who have enough money that they really don't care one bit about fuel price, kept paying those silly high prices. Those of us that don't fall in the groups named above, often tried to save money by patronizing other fuel establishments. Now, my "screaming" was why doesn't one of our national organizations define their role as more than just having gatherings and giving out ice cream bars free after you pay them $500 for a rally, etc and do something meaningful for its members in the area of fuel savings, but no one was doing it.

Who knows, maybe the people that own TSD Logistics are motorcoach owners and heard many of us who were asking the question.... "why doesn't someone help US out also?", and decided to help themselves while they simultaneously helped us? Who knows? Maybe only help themselves and let us get in on the action.

I'm happy that someone is trying to help us motorcoach owners. Good for them.!!I have had many of my questions answered and will most likely set up a checking account with little money in it beyond what I am likely to charge in a day of travel in the motorcoach, and then quickly transfer money into that account to cover what I actually charge at the stations.

Thanks to DarJacobs and others who brought up the whole possibility.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Old 09-06-2019, 09:11 PM   #123

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
I have voiced many questions in this thread, but I have done it because I virtually never simply jump into something until I fully understand the implications of what I am about to do, and there were aspects of this that were very concerning and needed clear data points to understand.

Now on the other hand, I have for years "screamed" about the issue that virtually no trucker or car owner (diesel cars - because they pay less out front at the "car" pumps) actually paid the ridiculous prices charged by the truck stops.... anyone with even low average ability to reason knew that the trucking companies negotiated a reduced price for their fuel and it was negotiated on the basis of their volume. The only group that paid those ridiculous prices were us motorcoach owners who had the same engines, got close to the same mileage, but had no organization that cared about us enough to put together such a program as TSD is doing here..... NOT GoodSams, NOT FMCA, not anyone that I have known about.... so some coach owners who liked the convenience or didn't want to be bothered trying to find cheaper fuel, or owners who have enough money that they really don't care one bit about fuel price, kept paying those silly high prices. Those of us that don't fall in the groups named above, often tried to save money by patronizing other fuel establishments. Now, my "screaming" was why doesn't one of our national organizations define their role as more than just having gatherings and giving out ice cream bars free after you pay them $500 for a rally, etc and do something meaningful for its members in the area of fuel savings, but no one was doing it.

Who knows, maybe the people that own TSD Logistics are motorcoach owners and heard many of us who were asking the question.... "why doesn't someone help US out also?", and decided to help themselves while they simultaneously helped us? Who knows? Maybe only help themselves and let us get in on the action.

I'm happy that someone is trying to help us motorcoach owners. Good for them.!!I have had many of my questions answered and will most likely set up a checking account with little money in it beyond what I am likely to charge in a day of travel in the motorcoach, and then quickly transfer money into that account to cover what I actually charge at the stations.

Thanks to DarJacobs and others who brought up the whole possibility.

Gary
Oh snap Gary, stay on the box brother because I am believing the word you are preaching and I've never thought of your certain message before. There is enough of us that you would think one of the $ member groups we all belong to would have done this a long time ago. I too have learned a lot from this thread and will be sending in my application as well.

One thing I think is crazy are the ones that are bashing the OP for even bringing this up.
Old 09-06-2019, 10:26 PM   #124

Scott .............. --

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Old 09-07-2019, 06:29 AM   #125

Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Example with some numbers -

Coming thru IN to WI yesterday - best price on Gasbuddy was 2.79
Stopped a Love's De Motte, IN which had a price of - 3.14

Used the Love's app to start the pump - pumped 49.2 gal - total 154.69
The EPS app before we left the station showed 119.67 - 2.43 per gal - total will be plus the TSD charge -

Just an FYI - My first time using the Love's app failed on the first try to complete - just tried it again and went thru

Old 09-07-2019, 09:40 AM   #126

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike625 View Post
Example with some numbers -

Coming thru IN to WI yesterday - best price on Gasbuddy was 2.79
Stopped a Love's De Motte, IN which had a price of - 3.14

Used the Love's app to start the pump - pumped 49.2 gal - total 154.69
The EPS app before we left the station showed 119.67 - 2.43 per gal - total will be plus the TSD charge -

Just an FYI - My first time using the Love's app failed on the first try to complete - just tried it again and went thru

Net price after the TSD 10% cut is about $2.50 a gallon. A $0.29 a gallon savings and no guessing as to whether or not you could squeeze into the other station let alone the possible extended drive through city streets to get there. A definite win win from what I see.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
Closed Thread

Tags
fuel