Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-28-2020, 09:53 AM   #1

FL Insurance

Were headed to Clay county, Green cove Springs, home of St brenden's Isle, FL, to re-register the coach, get DL's, and become residents. One of the first steps is getting a FL insurance policy. I'm looking for reccomendations a to where to go, who to use. We're currently registered in NC and using Progressive through a local agent.
2BMobl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-28-2020, 10:11 AM   #2

I currently also use FL Progressive and am happy with it. While you're in Green Cove Springs; don't forget to change your voters registration, it's located about a block and a half away from the D/L office.

Here's a list I complied of Florida Insurance agencies that offer RV insurance; It's probably not complete.

* FCIS
* Foremast
* Geico
* Goodsam
* National General
* Nationwide
* Progressive
* State Farm
mdewenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 10:33 AM   #3

Good Sam and national general are the same. We went through Good Sam for RV ins, but National General issued the policy. Nat Gen has been fine so far and the rates have been reasonable to date, but we all know that rates change like the wind no matter who you pick. Just a general note, insurance rates vary widely from county to county in Florida. If your intent is to full-time and declare Florida as your domicile, you may get better insurance rates by choosing a mail forwarder located in a county that has low average rates. One of the reasons we chose Good Sam out of Crestview Florida is because Okaloosa county has one of the lowest average insurance rates in FL. The county that St Brendan's is in is on the higher end in terms of avg vehicle insurance rates.
Jlo11111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 02:45 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BMobl View Post
Were headed to Clay county, Green cove Springs, home of St brenden's Isle, FL, to re-register the coach, get DL's, and become residents. One of the first steps is getting a FL insurance policy. I'm looking for reccomendations a to where to go, who to use. We're currently registered in NC and using Progressive through a local agent.

I am using a local agent in Florida for Progressive. You can call the company and they will give you a list.
Old 08-28-2020, 06:13 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
My best rate for full replacement value in Florida was also Progressive
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 06:30 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
We also have full replacement coverage with Progressive. Get quotes for both Crestview and your first location choice. We used Crestview for many reasons - insurance cost was one of them.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 07:01 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
To echo what Linda said, my inland storage zip code has lower rate than my coastal residential zip code
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 06:15 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Cool

I live in Florida and also have Progressive insurance. Prior to getting Progressive, I got a quote from USAA. I did not go with USAA, but since I was a member [of USAA], I got an additional discount with Progressive for being a member of USAA.

If you are a veteran or associated with a veteran (Son, Daughter, Wife, etc....), you are allowed to join USAA. It's free to join.

Just another way to save a few bucks on insurance.
2016 Jeep Cherokee
Dr. Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 06:58 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
We've had Progressive in the past, a couple of times. After a couple years they'd jump their rate, a lot, as much as 75%. Left for a couple years then when shopping again they came back with best rate, went back. After a couple years, big jump again. At this point it became obvious this was not a fluke but a business model. I've left for good.

When one of the companies I'd been insured with dropped their RV customers we also lost our qualification for replacement cost. We now have everything with State Farm including a million dollar PLUP.

We're in central Florida.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
insurance