Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-11-2021, 06:44 AM   #1
rdm

Entegra Owners Club
Flat towing 2021 king ranch f150 with rvI 3

Morning
I use an rvI 3 brake with my 2021 f150
I am experiencing brake lock on the toad
The setting I am using is normal vacuum brake set for suv
Since the 21 have an electrical assist that is live all the time should we be using the non vacuum setting at 5psi
Our coach is 2014 aspire deq
rdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-12-2021, 07:01 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdm View Post
Morning
I use an rvI 3 brake with my 2021 f150
I am experiencing brake lock on the toad
The setting I am using is normal vacuum brake set for suv
Since the 21 have an electrical assist that is live all the time should we be using the non vacuum setting at 5psi
Our coach is 2014 aspire deq

I would say YES as if you have electric assist that falls under the parameters for not a normal vacuum.

If you want a direct answer please reach out to RVI directly. They even have a live chat option on their website and are extremely responsive. Great group of folks there. Or call them. They should be able to answer your question.

Good luck!
gjames50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 11:20 AM   #3

I think its interesting that in 8 years +/- or reading this forum carefully, I have not heard much discussion of the RVi3 braking system.... I had to look up the URL to even know what the unit was.

And now that I know what it is, I'm not all that impressed... Its darn expensive, and it involves lugging a brake box back and forth and positioning it in front of the driver seat.... I was unimpressed with systems requiring placement and removal of brake pedal "pushers" 8 years ago, and avoided them. This seems to have some wizz-bang technology included like bluetooth or wireless. For that money, consider replacing with the SMI Air Force One system, which is brain-dead easy and actually works well.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 12:08 PM   #4

I did the RViBrake 3 on this coach based on the ease of transferring to a new toad when the time arose.
I have had the system lock my toads brakes up so severely I had to replace all tires on the toad due to the flat spots.
I will be replacing at some interval in the future as the braking parts is less then consistent.
I did find placement of transmitter is paramount but also has nothing to do with the flat spot inducing lockups of the toad.
Additionally I had to replace the TPMS (batteries) at 18 months of what was supposed to be 2 years so not too bad BUT 3 of the 6 replacements were bad, although there CS replaced those 3 quickly and easily

All in all I would not do it over again but would bite the bullet on having to re install something like the airforce one if i had a toad replacement.
jeff.herren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 04:22 PM   #5
rdm

Entegra Owners Club
Evening everyone
An update on our RVI3 brake
Towed our 21 king ranch 5 hr last weekend without any lockups.
I talk with RVI techs and lower the category
Compact SUV from full size truck
Braking was normal on the 150
On way home we will try the active brake setting and on 5psi.
For those that wonder why someone would invest in an RVI brake
Reason is simple
I change my towed vehicle at 12-18 months
Usually my pick ups are exported from Ontario to the US market for high wholesale pricing.
I have used all 3 RVI brake models over the years and 3 coaches without any problems
Cost of the brakes has been fair normally we have received a discount on the brakes when purchased.
Resale of the used brakes was easy usually getting 40-50% of original purchase price
As for taking a long time to set up in my trucks.
It takes longer to put the truck in neutral tow mode than to install the RVI brake.
We each make our own purchase decisions based on our own needs and info we can learn and evaluate.
This setup works for Evelyn and I as we are sure other systems work for other folks
Talks to this forum for all the knowledge given here
Ray
2014 Aspire DEQ
2021 F150 King Ranch
RVI3 brake
Part timer not Full timer
Wish we were full time
rdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 11:03 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
rdm I'm working with an engineer from Ford on a supplemental brake system for my 2021 Ford Bronco with the 2.7 V6 which has the electronic brake boost. Unbeknown to everyone the the brake boost on the Bronco 2.7 shuts off after about 30 to 40 mins. leaving the vehicle without active brakes.
I have a Brake Buddy Stealth which requires active brakes to work correctly. So everything looks good to start but down the road the brakes go away.
Do you know if the EBB shuts down on your F150?
If it does you have a work around my changing the pressure on the Command Center tablet after being on the road for an hour are so.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tow, towing