Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-18-2017, 04:34 PM   #1
rbr

Entegra Owners Club
Flickering LED Ceiling Lights?

Curious to know if anyone else is having this issue:

Our '15 Anthem DEQ has 37 of the larger sized round LED ceiling lights (~5" diameter lens). Over the last six months I've had 8 of them start to flicker/strobe one at a time at an unacceptable level (almost completely off/on). I initially just swapped the offending light to a location that we rarely use thinking I'd deal with it at our 2-yr visit to Entegra in April. Once I used up my six "rarely used" light locations a few weeks ago I asked Customer Service to send me some replacements. Now I'm up to 8 that have failed.

With end-of-warranty approaching I'm wondering if I just have a bad batch of lights or if maybe there's something about our electrical system that's causing them to fail. It'll definitely be on the discussion list next month at Entegra Service but I think it will be useful in the troubleshooting to know if others with these 5" round LEDs in the ceiling from the factory have experienced this issue.

Thanks for any feedback!
rbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-18-2017, 06:14 PM   #2

I've had to relpace one over the range. It had one of the several LEDs in the fixture flicker. Too bad they don't have replaceable bulbs.
Tall Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 06:25 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If Entegra used the same manufacturer as Winnebago they had a bad batch and used the wrong solder which melts at a too low temp. Mine were ITC part # 69240NS-21-3K. They are about $22.00 on Amazon. They will eventually fail.
Ron Postma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 06:43 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I have replaced two... One over dinette and one in the back bathroom. Those snap fasteners are killer if you let them get you!
2004 Jeep Liberty Limited - FMCA #343990
BHutting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 07:41 PM   #5
rbr

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHutting View Post
I have replaced two... One over dinette and one in the back bathroom. Those snap fasteners are killer if you let them get you!

I was warned in advance about those spring loaded clamps and still got bit! Ouch.
Old 03-18-2017, 10:05 PM   #6

In 2 years on a 15 Anthem classic I have lost two of them for the same reason. Mine are made by Jupiter Electronics. I remember hearing about a bad batch. Use two pliers to remove the bad ones. Installing new ones is a piece of cake, but save your fingers and grip it with pliers to remove

Gary
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 05:41 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Eight lights sounds excessive. On a coach where many vendor item have gone wrong I've only had one ceiling LED go bad. However we did have the coach delivered with two different colored ceiling lights throughout the coach.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 11:17 AM   #8
rbr

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Postma View Post
If Entegra used the same manufacturer as Winnebago they had a bad batch and used the wrong solder which melts at a too low temp. Mine were ITC part # 69240NS-21-3K. They are about $22.00 on Amazon. They will eventually fail.
Thanks. Those look very similar to ours with a screw mount rather than a spring clip mount. Probably the same light inside with a different chinese brand (Jupiter) on it. Entegra's taking care of me for now but may have to find a source of these when warranty runs out if they keep failing at this rate.
Old 03-19-2017, 11:23 AM   #9
rbr

Entegra Owners Club
Chuck: I'll take the lead on lights failing but I'm leaving the rest to you!

I have two different colors too, but they were separated by rooms until I started moving them around when they began flickering.

Gary: Ours are Jupiter also

Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender 17.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	251.0 KB
ID:	155302
Old 03-21-2017, 10:35 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
On our Cornerstone, we had an episode of pulsing overhead lights. Isolated the problem to the front switch plate. Removed it and found moisture (I think from umbrellas). Dried with hair dryer and problem solved.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 11:39 AM   #11

The model of my light that I removed is: 04-102WWP. This was in a late year 2015 (January). However in looking through the web to find JupiterLEDlightine offerings it appears that that model must be an old model. However, I just got off the phone with the company and I was told that not all of their lights are shown on the web page or even searchable from their web page, and I was wrong.... the 04-102WWP lights are still a current production model. She said that they can be bought "onsey-twosey" from the company for the price of $11.67 and they will take credit cards. Since I am out of warranty, I might just stock up on a couple at that price to have in the spares box.... thought I would pass this along for those who might also be interested in getting some inventory.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Old 03-21-2017, 01:28 PM   #12
rbr

Entegra Owners Club
The 6 that I've replaced so far were 04-102WW _without_ the P on the end. They were all manufactured in 06/14. The replacements that Entegra sent were all 04-102WWP made 03/16 and are quite a bit warmer in color temperature than most in our coach.
Old 03-21-2017, 01:31 PM   #13
rbr

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcosdad View Post
On our Cornerstone, we had an episode of pulsing overhead lights. Isolated the problem to the front switch plate. Removed it and found moisture (I think from umbrellas). Dried with hair dryer and problem solved.

Thanks for that info - I'll be on the lookout for that issue but i must have a different root cause. They've been failing one at a time at locations scattered throughout the coach, and when relocated to another light circuit continue to flicker.
Old 03-25-2017, 08:41 AM   #14

Well, I should have known better..... as soon as I talk about something on iRV2, something gets worse. So, last night, the third ceiling LED light started flashing like mad..... So I took my own advice in the post a few posts earlier, and I picked up the phone and ordered 3 more Jupiter ceiling LED lights. Cost right at $48 delivered to my home. One of those is now needed and the other two will go into the bus for future failures, which appears to be a matter of time.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI

Tags
ceiling, led, light, lights