Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-21-2022, 10:23 PM   #1

Floor heat setting

What settings and temperature ? For floors and what settings on your thermostat. To run floor heating. 2015 Anthem
Poppedclams is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-22-2022, 04:59 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppedclams View Post
What settings and temperature ? For floors and what settings on your thermostat. To run floor heating. 2015 Anthem
I would set mine in cold weather at 82* until the floor was warm, then adjust to a comfortable level. 72 was normally comfortable in colder weather.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2022, 07:48 AM   #3

I don't know what year your coach is but mine is a 16 so it's not super obvious which zone controls the floor. I didn't get any instruction on it. So if you're asking or future thread searchers, it's zone 2. I agree on the 82 setting.
Old 12-23-2022, 08:39 AM   #4

Yes, crank up the temp at the beginning. I then turn mine down to 2 or 3 on my floor setting.... it is NOT a value of degrees, it is a selection of arbitrary units.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2022, 09:35 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Yes, crank up the temp at the beginning. I then turn mine down to 2 or 3 on my floor setting.... it is NOT a value of degrees, it is a selection of arbitrary units.

Gary
But the OP's coach is a 15 and was still measured in degrees. Vega Touch with the quirky settings is not as nice as the Classics with simple temperatures.
Old 12-23-2022, 11:20 AM   #6

Thank y'all very much.
Old 12-23-2022, 01:01 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Hi - Just to hijack this thread a bit... I can not get my floors to heat up to the point where the thermostat is satisfied ever beyond 79 degrees. The thermistor is OK as what it reports is correct, it's just the floors don't seem to have the horsepower to get up to temperature. After 7 days on full tilt the floors are still spotty and no section is above about 85 degrees with several large areas barely heated. Not what PJ's video showed. I'm missing my electric heated floors. Any suggestions in terms of what I should do better or are my expectations just too high.

Merry Christmas to all.
Tom
Old 12-23-2022, 02:05 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
Hi - Just to hijack this thread a bit... I can not get my floors to heat up to the point where the thermostat is satisfied ever beyond 79 degrees. The thermistor is OK as what it reports is correct, it's just the floors don't seem to have the horsepower to get up to temperature. After 7 days on full tilt the floors are still spotty and no section is above about 85 degrees with several large areas barely heated. Not what PJ's video showed. I'm missing my electric heated floors. Any suggestions in terms of what I should do better or are my expectations just too high.

Merry Christmas to all.
Tom

Tom.
Your not still in Middlebury where it's currently 4 below, are you?
Old 12-23-2022, 03:58 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Hi Chuck - I'm in the sunny south where it was 3 degrees last night and hit a high of 15 today. Anyway, something is not right as the basement is running all day and is only 38 degrees and the floor is miserable. I love the Anthem but sometimes I miss the Oasis and electric floors. The AquaHot was checked in Middlebury this fall and they found nothing wrong... but it's not right.

Have a Merry Christmas!
Tom
Old 12-23-2022, 04:57 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Tom,
This goes back to 14, the Aqua hot in my Anthem did not work. There is a long post about my fluid turning to sludge. Not only did the fluid turn to sludge, but it also plugged up an elbow in the floor loop under the drivers seat not allowing the floor heat to work. I also had two sets of GRI pumps fail to where I never knew which zone would work until all of the motors were changed to Bugher pumps
I feel what you are going though, I fought mine for almost 2 years. One thing to check is that the boost pump on the drivers side is working. It is across from the AH on the passenger side. On the classics, it was behind a carpeted panel in the basement, but I don't know where it is located on the newer models. Your can hear it opening the basement door across from the AH when the floor heat is running.

Another problem with AH's are hoses that connect to floor registers that are located in slides....they can kink stopping the fluid from flowing.
Also pull the cover off of the AH, three 9/16 bolts, put a piece of tape across the micro switch so the motors will run. With all zone on, feel with your hand that all pumps are running and that the hoses from all of the pumps are hot and the same temperature. Those are the problems I have experienced with the Aqua Hot that may help.
Old 12-27-2022, 11:00 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
Hi Chuck - I'm in the sunny south where it was 3 degrees last night and hit a high of 15 today. Anyway, something is not right as the basement is running all day and is only 38 degrees and the floor is miserable. I love the Anthem but sometimes I miss the Oasis and electric floors. The AquaHot was checked in Middlebury this fall and they found nothing wrong... but it's not right.

Have a Merry Christmas!
Tom
Tom,
See my post on a 22 Anthem aqua hot heat problem. If you shoot the registers for temp they should be 125 plus temp after a few minutes of operation. If like mine they didn’t get above 85 so I had a kink. See my post, you also replied.
Hope this helps. Message me if you need to. Thanks. JD
JDANDDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2022, 07:02 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
The floor heat on my 17 and 22 coaches have been spotty. I have had both checked.

I have learned to just reduce my expectations. We have electric floor heat in the bathroom of our house. It will quickly warm the bathroom to 75 or 80 even when the house is 62. The floors feel warm and comfortable to the feet. It heats up in minutes.

We just don’t get that out of our Entegra. It takes about a day for the floor heat to max out. The floor heat does produce heat but is not very useful for warm days and cool nights. And we have some areas of floor that are cool to the feet.

We still use the coach floor heat when we have several days of cold. I think it helps but it is just not the same as what we have at home.
Sold 2017 Entegra Cornerstone B
RVFunlovers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor, heat