Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-13-2015, 11:28 AM   #1

Flush glass window question

When I left our coach yesterday I noticed the rear most right side window looked like it was open! This is the bathroom window in our RBQ above the toilet. The tinted flush glass was obviously hanging clear of the side of the coach with a gap of about 1 inch. I ran back inside and .... the window was closed tight! I opened it and everything seemed normal. Closed it tight and everything still seemed normal. Window seems closed tight with no outside noise or anything. Went back outside and the glass is still hanging open about an inch. With a stick I can easily push it closed but it just swings freely and falls back open. I was totally out of time, daylight and height so I had to leave.

This is an unknown for me at this point. What has happened? Is this a case of the flush glass delaminating from the inner glass or something? is it repairable and how? The outer tinted flush glass seems to have it's own hinge across the top of some sort but the border is blacked out so I could not see what it was about or what was wrong.

Sooo.....silly situation here. our coach is 30 minutes (and a construction zone) away so I can't get back to it immediately and it is an undertaking when I do go: I want to take the right stuff, tools, ladder, silicone, two sided tape, whatever..... when I do go back but I have no idea what to expect since I am totally ignorant of the specifics of the window construction.

I figure I shouldn't drive it like this (with the glass seemingly loose and flopping) so I may have to gorilla tape it or silicone seal it closed "permanently" or what. Got me in a tither since we are planning to leave for 3 months in it just before xmas and I want to address the problem.

Something about karma, right? I have taken care of so many other things up front on the coach so as to not have to panic at the last minute and now I find this window loose and can't even look at it for a couple of days due to other commitments... of course we are in the middle of an unplanned dishwasher swap out/flood in our S&B house which is a whole other story.....

Any insight appreciated. sorry for my ignorance on this particular subject but this is the first window problem I have run across.

AWC
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-13-2015, 11:31 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
It's called delamination. Common until Entegra changed window suppliers. Lots of post regarding that situation and field repairs.

Field repair, epoxy and clamps seem to work about the best until a replacement window can be ordered. Hawgguy is probably the window expert when it comes to field repairs
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 11:36 AM   #3

thanks

Chuck, thanks for the quick reply! I have gorilla tape in the coach and a ladder so I may end up looking totally tacky for the trip unless I can figure a way to repair it. I'll do some more searching unless someone knows the bottom line already!
Old 12-13-2015, 11:59 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Clear packing tape will accomplish same and not look tacky. it can take time to get a window to you from Entegra as they have to go to the supplier...maybe two weeks.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 01:45 PM   #5

I like the clear tape idea. I have done field repairs with crazy glue gel and rubberized c-clamps. That is a stop gap measure. I am told that the 2016s have a different window supplier. Hopefully they will do better.
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 02:00 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
Clear packing tape will accomplish same and not look tacky. it can take time to get a window to you from Entegra as they have to go to the supplier...maybe two weeks.
X2 on the clear packing tape, I did that with one of our windows until we got to the Entegra Factory and they changed out the window. The tape work well, no problems!
AlKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 07:55 PM   #7

clear tape it is

Thanks for all the feed back guys! I've gotten one vote for resealing with Loctite quick setting epoxy and clamps but I'm worried I'm going to run out of this unusually warm weather before leaving so the epoxy may not cure. I carry a roll of packing tape for general use and specifically for possible windshield chips as a temporary means of keeping the chip clean until it can be repaired. Looks like it may come in handy for the delamination problem as an emergency temp repair.

I know it would take longer to cure but has anyone tried RTV and clamps to glue one back together? The RTV seems like the perfect stuff for glass in this situation but it does need 24 hours to cure.

Just started raining here, too ,so I may just towel it off, tape it up and roll to warmer climes and do a field repair once in a campground. Of course I could use the Skidoo yellow duct tape and send a picture to the window supplier....guess it would be pointless since they are not used anymore??
Old 12-13-2015, 08:50 PM   #8

The trick is to be able to deliver the epoxy between the partially delaminated panes, It is a very small space to work in get the tip of the applicator in. Good luck.
Old 12-14-2015, 05:37 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawgguy View Post
The trick is to be able to deliver the epoxy between the partially delaminated panes, It is a very small space to work in get the tip of the applicator in. Good luck.
You're right, gravity would play a factor in possibly glue running down the side of the MH. I think I would tape it and go and order the new window.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 07:06 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
You're right, gravity would play a factor in possibly glue running down the side of the MH.
Exactly. Not that it happened to me.....more than once.
Old 12-14-2015, 08:18 AM   #11

I used super weather-strip adhesive just because it is what I had. It held for 4 weeks until I received the new window. Just glued the window back to the frame where it was fastened before.
ItsWhatWeDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 04:52 PM   #12

Gorilla tape now makes a clear tape. Can't get along without Gorilla tape and bungee cords!!

John and Susie and Baby girl
Fort Myers, Fl
drjnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 06:34 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Window problem

We had the bracket on the passenger side window come completely off in route.
Have to say the black electrical tape was pretty tacky. But it was a temporary fix. I would worry that the gorilla tape might take the paint off.

Matt and Kathy
2014 Anthem DEQ
Surprise AZ now
Vancouver WA X-mas
January Surprise AZ
Katty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 08:32 AM   #14

Have used Gorilla tape on paint. No problem. and cleans off easily.

John, Susie and Babygirl

Fort Myers, Fl
drjnick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
window