Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-14-2019, 03:58 PM   #29

Entegra Owners Club
My 14,15, & 16 didn’t foam, but my 19 does. Just not as bad as the picture......
50sbuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-14-2019, 04:40 PM   #30

Entegra Owners Club
Our coach was a year old last March and has foamed since day one. I sanitized the system twice already, both times followed by vinegar flushes. Still foams. All faucets have been cleared on both occasions. I'm going with Entegra's explanation and the aerator.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 07:07 PM   #31

Just a question to the brain trust.

If the foaming is due to the aerator only, why does the foaming stop after a brief flow of water? Wouldn’t foaming from the aeration last through the duration of the flow?

There’s something to be said regarding how long the foam stays in the foam state and the surface tension of clean water, as mentioned by Persistent in his post. The aerator may be a factor in the foaming, but not the only factor, IMO. Something is being flushed during the first 15 seconds of flow or whose concentration is lowered as water flows through the lines. Otherwise, the foaming would always be present.
Ljwt330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 08:59 AM   #32

When we picked up our coach and left for TX on 1/1/19, there was a slight amount of foaming; however, it only lasted a short time.

We spent 90 days out, and then camped every 2 weeks thereafter, with no foam.

We stored the coach 7/9 until 8/9 - picked it up, and it foamed with both the tank and campsite water - took 2-3 days of use to stop - very weird... Thanks,

BG
BobG88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 09:23 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobG88 View Post
When we picked up our coach and left for TX on 1/1/19, there was a slight amount of foaming; however, it only lasted a short time.

We spent 90 days out, and then camped every 2 weeks thereafter, with no foam.

We stored the coach 7/9 until 8/9 - picked it up, and it foamed with both the tank and campsite water - took 2-3 days of use to stop - very weird... Thanks,

BG

Question: when you stored your coach, did you completely drain all the lines of water?
Old 08-15-2019, 12:46 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljwt330 View Post
Question: when you stored your coach, did you completely drain all the lines of water?
No - we never have for 30-days(+) storage in the summer. Our tank had ~40 gallons of softened water...

BG
BobG88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 06:51 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobG88 View Post
No - we never have for 30-days(+) storage in the summer. Our tank had ~40 gallons of softened water...

BG
Thanks.

That would be consistent with the water in the lines slowly building up a concentration of something in the lines or tank. In your case, it may be from the water softener, but may be something else for the OP.
Old 08-22-2019, 03:22 PM   #36

Put it in a glass. If it clears from the bottom up, it’s air. If from the top down, it’s sediment. If persistent, there is a surfactant in your system. More flushing.
Velella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 04:07 PM   #37

I was gonna suggest vinegar like someone else did. It does wonders for foaming.
Wentpostal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 04:13 PM   #38

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee View Post
Nope just foaming. Attached is a picture. It happens on all sinks. Almost like something on the lining of the pipes is doing it but as soon as it runs the water out of the line it goes away.
Just had our annual service/warranty work at the manufacturer. Technician confirmed that all the coaches similar to ours did the same thing. We think it gets worse just after regenerating our water softener but the fizzy water always happens when first running the water.
Old 08-22-2019, 04:17 PM   #39

I have a 2005 Country Coach and I have the same issue and have had it since I have owned the coach (3-1/2 years). I am very through with my flushing and my sanitation of our water system. I use beach per the recommended dosage for the tank capacity (1 ounce per 15 gallons is what I have read to use!). I get the foaming at all water faucets when the water is first turned on for a few seconds regardless of how much water we use and regardless if the water is from the tank or the city water hook up. I feel it is something within our lines that may be causing this to happen. Also it does the same out of both hot or cold lines as well as the water flushing into the toilet. It is a little harder to see but if you do a bowl fill on an empty toilet you can see a bit of foaming there as well. Also it does not matter if I turn the colds on first or the hot and if the hot water heater/hydro-hot is on or not.
My procedure after winter storage if I am not using it in the winter is to remove all filter tanks and dump (there is no filters left in coach when I winterize) then flush all my lines first through the city water hook up then fill my tank and do the same and then drain the system again. Next I fill my tank half full and add the recommended amount of bleach or sanitizer to the tank and fill. I then run the sanitized water through all the lines until I smell the bleach at each faucet, refrigerator, toilet, and washing machine and allow this to set 12 to 24 hours. Next I drain the system flush all lines with the city water hook up then fill my tank and drain twice and flush. If I still have any beach odor I flush again then add some baking soda to the tank and run through the lines and allow to set over night and flush again.
I agree with some of the thought that it may be somewhat due to the aerators but I feel there has to be something in the lines that is causing it to foam. I believe this thought has been mentioned by another person in this thread. I may try the water testing if I can get a good advanced kit or a source to test the water. I will say what ever it is hasn't made us sick during our travels and we drink the water daily out of the RV tank system. Sometimes there is a slight sweet taste similar to the RV antifreeze. Before anyone comments no I do not drink or taste the RV antifreeze but I have tasted it by accident and washed my mouth out after without swallowing it.
Old 08-22-2019, 04:24 PM   #40

I love it. The dealer doesn’t know why something happens so out comes the standard line. “That’s normal they all do it”. Easy solution. It’s not normal.
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 04:45 PM   #41

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09 harley View Post
I love it. The dealer doesn’t know why something happens so out comes the standard line. “That’s normal they all do it”. Easy solution. It’s not normal.
So what's the answer? If the manufacturer has no idea what causes it, what can we do? It's kind of good news/bad news that the problem occurs in coaches by different manufacturers and different ages.
Old 08-22-2019, 04:53 PM   #42

Just a guess, but if you have a whole house water filter try pushing on the air release button on the top of the filter housing. Keep it depressed until water comes out.
dsurette is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water