Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-21-2013, 07:35 PM   #1

Folks, it pays to be patient

Every year there is excitement for the new year models and floor plans. My wife and I are ones to try and not get too excited about the new model years. We for the most part wait until the dealers start to deal a few months after the new year model appears. In other words, you can save as much as $25K if you will just wait and be patient until the spring of the next year. EG, on dealer just dropped 25% or $10K from asking price last month to now31% or $20K off as of today. I believe the avg mark up is probably 40% off MSRP. Sometimes we get the buying bug and don't think things through. My DW and I are hoping to get a good trade in price on our current RV but we know about what we should expect. There has been a Big run on RV sales over the last couple of years due to recent retirements of Baby Boomers. We are part of that generation but willing to wait and hopefully save up to 35% off of retail. Sorry for the long post but wanted to vent.
God Bless,
Randy
ranbev is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-22-2013, 05:37 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
You might get lucky, but when we ordered our 2014 our salesman at Lazy Days still had customers trying to find a new 2013 that were sold out months ago. With a 6 month waiting list and people calling from all over the county trying to find a current year model (2013 Anthems), that theory may not hold true for an Entegra.

However I did run into an Entegra owner in CT that got one heck of a deal on a 2012 closeout, but that thing was an ugly lot queen. Someone really ordered some strange color combinations that did not sell.

You might get close to 35% buy selling your coach now, go into a dealer with cash and order one. The dealer has no money tied up in the coach and can deal even better as he doesn't have to pay a bank to take delivery.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 09:49 AM   #3

If you don't have a trade, you are right with waiting for a "left-over" coach for the deal. But what is a deal? You buy, in this case, a Entegra Coach Anthem 2013 now for big discounts 35% off MSRP. First you have to find a dealer willing to do this. But lets use an example. You now are the owner of a 1 year old coach.

Used 2013 Anthem's are on the Inter-Net for as low as $275k. Did you get a good deal? Entegra allows full transfer of the factory warranties.

And since you have a coach now, doesn't the value of yours lower as well? I know the guide books come out 4-times a year. I'm pretty sure your coach does not go up in value.

The gap will always get further apart with a trade and time.

To work you BEST deal, sell your coach first, then work out the best numbers off the MSRP price.

Good luck.
rvbmw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 05:55 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
I'm going to have to agree with rvbmw1. Right now I would be very surprised to find a dealership willing to give you a new Entegra for 35% off MSRP. But I know you won't get it with a trade - not unless the dealer is jigging your trade numbers to make you feel better. That's an old car trick and it probably carries into the RV business. If you really are after the best deal, sell your current coach and wait until you find a good used Entegra. They are pretty rare and you might not get exactly the colors and floorplan you want, but that will definitely give you the best price point. We were tired of used coaches and 'settling' so we sold our old coach, found a deal that we were very pleased with - thank you RV One - and got exactly what we wanted. We were patient - for four long months while we waited for our coach to be built. Most of us have been patient while we waited for them to build our dream. Now if you're talking about a different brand, this will be a different conversation. Unless you are buying a custom coach, I don't know any other brand that has the wait to get into a new model. But with Entegras the waiting usually comes after the order, not before.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 07:08 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
With the extremely small number of used Entegras on the market, the savings in buying used vs new will likely be unusually small.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 07:21 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
I agree. When I look at the prices being asked for the used models, I feel really good about our purchase price.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 08:54 AM   #7

Can't agree more
rvbmw1 is offline   Reply With Quote