Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-19-2019, 03:19 PM   #1

Fresh water sensor

Just coming back from Gator land. Pulled in tonight and was checking tank levels and fresh water sensor reads 0. Tank is about half full. Thing has worked fine all winter. This is new. So I know hard to tell, but does someone know what happened with it. Can I fix it? Would this be a problem with the read out unit? Hard to believe that all tanks sensors failed.

Thanks
Mike
2013 Anthem
whitebear47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-19-2019, 03:27 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Open the wet bay door and see if all of the sensors are on the fresh water tank. I had one come off, a light coat of silicone, stuck it back on the tank and everything worked fine afterwards.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 03:36 PM   #3

BROBOX has a good suggestion but if you want the complete troubleshooting go to https://www.garnetinstruments.com/support-documents/
You'll have to pick out your system, but these documents will tell you everything you need to know. We had a sensor come part way off and these docs and an email from Garnet got things back working just fine.
Pigman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 04:17 PM   #4

Fresh water sensor

Chuck I guess I don’t know where to look. I’m looking at the front of the fresh water tank and don’t see any on the front, right side tight against wall, left side can’t feel any. May I don’t recognize them.

Mike
2013 Anthem
Old 03-19-2019, 04:26 PM   #5

Fresh water tank sensor

Could sensor be on the backside of the tank?
Old 03-19-2019, 05:34 PM   #6

If yours is where mine is, check on the front of the water tank on the passenger side
oneknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 05:49 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitebear47 View Post
Chuck I guess I don’t know where to look. I’m looking at the front of the fresh water tank and don’t see any on the front, right side tight against wall, left side can’t feel any. May I don’t recognize them.

Mike
2013 Anthem
On my 14 they were on the left side looking at the tank. If you don't see one hanging loose, it may not be the problem.
Old 03-19-2019, 06:25 PM   #8

I had a similar issue with multiple holding tank's sensors on our previous new coach and I traced it down to a couple of poorly crimped splices that the wires had slipped out, but weren't hanging because they were zip tied up. Took time to find because I couldn't see the sensors but I just started checking all the wires I could find in the area of the tanks.
Old 03-19-2019, 06:34 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Are both inside and outside tank monitor reading zero? I also had the outside tank monitor go bad and had to replace it.
Old 03-19-2019, 07:04 PM   #10

Fresh water sensor

Both inside and outside read 0. There is like a 3 inch gap between wall and tank on left side. I can’t see how you would get in there to see anything. Can’t see any wires anywhere going to tank in front.

Mike
Old 03-20-2019, 06:01 AM   #11

At least on our '17, the sensor boards for the seelevel system are extremely hard to access.
I'm guessing they stuck them to the tanks, dropped the tanks into the bare frame, and built the coach on top of it.

In ours, the black tank sensor is stuck to the front of the drivers side of the tank. It can be reached by sticking your left hand into the left side of the wetbay, kinda past the water pump.

Gray tank sensor is also accessed in the wet bay. It is stuck to the front of the gray tank, in between the gray and black tanks, about 5" back. As the tanks are just an inch apart, it mostly sits there and laughs at you. It can be seen but not touched.

The fresh water sensor is on the other side. In the wetbay, there is a connector with a white and blue wire below and between the black and gray tanks, it runs across to the passenger side of the coach. (note all 3 sensors have these wire colors, and a 2 pin connector) On the passenger side, it comes out over the top of the water tank, goes to the right (forward) and the sensor is stuck to that forward edge of the tank.
Once you get all the panels off inside that bay, access is pretty easy.

Note, the seelevel system will read oPn is there is a problem with the sensor wiring.
sHt if the sensor board has failed.
Wrong readings are due to "buildup" on the inner tank walls.
and zero could mean the sensor has come unstuck from the tank.
oneknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 05:35 AM   #12

Fresh water sensor

Thank you all so much for your help. I may have to get RV doctor to help with this if I can’t find the tank sensor.

Mike
2013 Anthem
Old 03-21-2019, 05:46 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitebear47 View Post
Thank you all so much for your help. I may have to get RV doctor to help with this if I can’t find the tank sensor.

Mike
2013 Anthem
Call Entegra CS and ask where the sensors were installed on a 13. Apparently different from a 14, but no reason to pay for a service call when Entegra will have a build sheet on you coach. Have the coach # when your call, it is an 8 digit # on the yellow sticker of the screen next to the VIN #.

One thing nice about the Entegras, you can see the water tank level so the digital read out is not a mandatory necessity. I used tank sight more than anything.
Old 03-23-2019, 09:35 AM   #14

While snooping around the tanks this morning I found the fresh tank sensor on the passenger side of our 15 Anthem.
GrandPaPat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fresh water, water