Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-21-2014, 08:08 AM   #43

Entegra Owners Club
Curt, Mine wandered so I had to constantly make corrections to stay in my lane. Thanks to Joyce and Marc at Entegra I was able to take it to Bill at Perry Legend (after 2 unsuccessful alignments)where Bill finally got it to go straight down the road and I now enjoy the drive like my previous Freightliner chassis. Steve
C310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-21-2014, 08:38 AM   #44

????

Quote:
Originally Posted by C310 View Post
Chuck, I'm glad Spartan was able to get your steering problem straightened out as my trip there accomplished nothing. I was told from a Spartan manager that Ted was involved with some of your fix so I'm sure that helped. Enjoy your trip I'm sure TN will be a breeze! Steve
Steve,

Seeking clarification for some of us that have upcoming trips to Spartan for repairs, alignment and education. Spartan factory could do nothing for your steering issue? Are you suggesting we need to contact Ted Cook or did you mean Tadd Jenkins to help us on our Spartan service visit? If so, just give me some direction on what to do with whichever person you are referencing to and tell me how that can help my service visit or get Spartan to do what is expected of them. What Spartan manager did you speak to/deal with? I have postponed my steering issues to have them align, service, repair and rectify. Please give more info.

Ron.
BUS4US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:17 AM   #45

Yes, I had to tilt my coach a little towards the drain but the way the connections is on the tank, you will not be able to fully drain it. There will always be about 2"/3" or so of water in the tank per CS.
Finally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 12:24 PM   #46

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUS4US View Post
Steve,

Seeking clarification for some of us that have upcoming trips to Spartan for repairs, alignment and education. Spartan factory could do nothing for your steering issue? Are you suggesting we need to contact Ted Cook or did you mean Tadd Jenkins to help us on our Spartan service visit? If so, just give me some direction on what to do with whichever person you are referencing to and tell me how that can help my service visit or get Spartan to do what is expected of them. What Spartan manager did you speak to/deal with? I have postponed my steering issues to have them align, service, repair and rectify. Please give more info.

Ron.

Ron, Mine is an Aspire and I was at Spartan last December, my handling issue was not improved at all and at the time I was even told it maybe just my perception by the tech. It then took a second unsuccessful attempt at a Spartan authorized center before it was resolved at Perry Legend. As of a week and a half ago Spartans manager (Troy) has been replaced by some new blood so I hope your experience is much better as all of us have a large amount riding on the support we get. Entegra's support is nothing short of excellent and I'm crossing my fingers the changes at Spartan will help them to match Entegra's. IMO. Yes I was told by Spartan that Ted Cook was involved in the steering noise/vibration fix on the Anthem but I think Ted may have been involved for R&D only (They still don't know how to fix the Aspires.) Steve
Old 05-21-2014, 12:48 PM   #47

Kites in the mail!

Steve,

I sent you a PM.

Ron.
BUS4US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 03:47 PM   #48

Entegra Owners Club
Completely drained the fresh water tank today. Took several hours. I first drained from the drain valve in the wet bay. Then I went to the PS low point drain on the tank. I did not measure the amount from the low point, but I would guess 8 to 10 gallons by the amount that was on the concrete. I know there will be some unusable, but that seems like quite a bit. Anyone know why the anti-syphon bends in the overflow tubes are at two different levels?
Bill in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 05:56 PM   #49

Quote:
Ron, Mine is an Aspire and I was at Spartan last December, my handling issue was not improved at all and at the time I was even told it maybe just my perception by the tech. It then took a second unsuccessful attempt at a Spartan authorized center before it was resolved at Perry Legend. As of a week and a half ago Spartans manager (Troy) has been replaced by some new blood so I hope your experience is much better as all of us have a large amount riding on the support we get. Entegra's support is nothing short of excellent and I'm crossing my fingers the changes at Spartan will help them to match Entegra's. IMO. Yes I was told by Spartan that Ted Cook was involved in the steering noise/vibration fix on the Anthem but I think Ted may have been involved for R&D only (They still don't know how to fix the Aspires.) Steve
Steve, I just left Perry Legend. Spartan aligned our Anthem last Fall, but it didn't drive any better. Bill put the mh on his new machine and found both the tag and drive axles were out of tolerance. Both by three times the max limit. The front also had too much toe in. Only driven it about 10 miles, but drives much better.
Maybe Entegra needs to send all alignment problems to Bill.
Bill told me all about your episode. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:38 PM   #50

Entegra Owners Club
Noel, That's great to hear! I know Bill sure won me over with the way mine handles now. My experience has been relayed to Joyce and Marc who were very helpful in my resolution so I'm sure Bill hasn't seen the last Entegra. Steve
Old 05-21-2014, 06:57 PM   #51

Entegra Owners Club
Noel, I apologize for not saying thanks again for your past post because without it I would still be wandering around and not in a good way. Have a safe trip. Steve
Old 05-22-2014, 10:45 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill in FL View Post
Completely drained the fresh water tank today. Took several hours. I first drained from the drain valve in the wet bay. Then I went to the PS low point drain on the tank. I did not measure the amount from the low point, but I would guess 8 to 10 gallons by the amount that was on the concrete. I know there will be some unusable, but that seems like quite a bit. Anyone know why the anti-syphon bends in the overflow tubes are at two different levels?
I'll check to see if I have a PS tank drain. I'll thought there was only a wet bay drain only.
Finally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 05:59 AM   #53

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
Chuck, when do you expect to get home? We are leaving South Florida for Indiana tomorrow morning, will be somewhere in GA tomorrow night. Maybe we could meet up? If you want to try to meet, PM your phone number to me.
Marc, sorry we missed you. We made it home last night. We were kind of pushing it to beat the holiday traffic and not be on the road over the weekend.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 06:03 AM   #54

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Chuck, I'm glad Spartan was able to get your steering problem straightened out as my trip there accomplished nothing. I was told from a Spartan manager that Ted was involved with some of your fix so I'm sure that helped. Enjoy your trip I'm sure TN will be a breeze! Steve
Yes, Ted Cook did go up with my coach and the did solve the steering problem. I am hoping for all that have had the problem that the "fix" will be coming. The did the "fix" on Swenster's MH and like mine, it solved the problem.

We did develop a rear end whine on the way home that I have to have looked at.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote