Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-08-2014, 04:33 PM   #1

fresh water tank fills and overflows

Just started noticing that my fresh water tank fills up slowly even when the valve is vertical. It fills from the city supply side because if I shut the water at the pedestal it does not fill up. Could it be the valve is failing to close the tank supply completely?
rogelling is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-08-2014, 04:49 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Yes, the valve is likely failing. Entegra is aware of the problem and advises to dial your water pressure to the 45 or so psi range. They will ship you a new valve if you call customer service.
Bill in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 05:27 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill in FL View Post
Yes, the valve is likely failing. Entegra is aware of the problem and advises to dial your water pressure to the 45 or so psi range. They will ship you a new valve if you call customer service.
Replaced the plastic valve with brass valve on mine. I think the jury is still out whether it's the tank fill valve or the check valve in the water pump. You might trying depressurization the water system then repressurizing with the water pump then turn the water back on and turn the water pump off. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 05:52 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Mine will be getting a brass valve when I get back home. It has been leaking on and off during my present trip. Yesterday it went from a drip leak to a full on flowing leak. Today it is not leaking. That plastic valve failed early on in my last motor home.
Bill in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 07:13 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Had this problem also. In my case it was definitely high supply pressure. Always use a reg and in over a year never had the problem. Then one day my pressure reg gauge broke off so I removed the regulator to repair it. 24 hours later my fresh tank was full and overflowing. Repaired the reg and reinstalled, cycled the tank fill valve a few times and the problem stopped. Been fine for a few months now. Pressure reg is set about 48 psi. My guess it's not necessarily a failed valve but just a design that can't take higher pressures. If someone knows of a good quality drop in replacement please let us know.
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 09:25 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
I hesitate to weigh in, but we had the problem as well. We have an adjustable regulator that is set a bit higher since we like the pressure in the shower. We noticed the FW tank was full and wondered about the valve. We discovered that we (OK - I) had left the pump on. If I remember to turn it off, the tank doesn't fill. I guess the pump adds enough extra pressure to cause the valve to allow water to pass.

Given my handyman skills, it's easier to turn off the switch than replace the valve.

FWIW
Old 09-09-2014, 01:09 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Had the same problem. Changed the valve and still have the problem intermittently. Pump runs as if unprimed . It may be a check valve on the pump side. Will have it looked at when we complete this trip.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 01:16 PM   #8

Cool Regulator

I keep seeing post that refer to a pressure regulator being set at 45 lbs. Is this regulator standard on the coach and I just have not found it or is it after market?
ItsWhatWeDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 02:03 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsWhatWeDo View Post
I keep seeing post that refer to a pressure regulator being set at 45 lbs. Is this regulator standard on the coach and I just have not found it or is it after market?
They are after market. I purchased mine years ago at Lowe's that does not have the gauge. If I was buying one today, I would get one with the built in gauge. http://www.amazon.com/Pressure-Regul...sure+regulator
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 03:33 PM   #10

I should be getting the valve from Entegra tomorrow. Now I need help with the install. How do you remove the handle? Does it pry out or is there a set screw that needs to be removed? Do you remove the panel or do you try to remove the hose brackets Without Removing The panel? If that's the case how do u get a screw driver in there?
rogelling is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fresh water, tank, water