Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-22-2015, 09:35 PM   #1

Fresh water tank problem

I was at a great COE park ne of Atlanta for 5 days. I took the opportunity to bleach the fresh holding tank. Both before and after this servicing I found the fresh water holding tank kept running water out onto the ground after flushing it twice. I turned the valve to have water run directly to the house and for 3 days I kept the tank drain open and it kept running out. I played with the valve, adjusting it back and forth a little to see if it would stop....no luck. It ran from the drain the whole time. Any ideas how to fix this?
Swenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2015, 09:40 PM   #2

Other than replacing the valve, I don't see other way to stop a leaking valve.
dezrtracr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 10:29 PM   #3

Did you try opening and closing the valve several times to see if maybe something was stuck in it and letting it leak.?
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 01:34 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
I had a similar issue for a bit on my coach. When I contacted CS they told me it could be coming from 2 different locations. One, obviously is the fill valve, the other is the water pump. Apparently, they have had a few cases where, when attached to city water, the water leaks backwards through the pump to the tank. They told me to remove the hose from the pump that draws from the tank and see if water is coming through the pump when tied to city water. Fix is a new pump. When this occurs, the tank usually fills slowly.
Crippsfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 05:47 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Tom, I am a little confused. Is it the low point drain valve on the passenger side, or the overflow line that is siphoning and continuing to drain the tank? If it's the overflow line, there was a post awhile back where I believe it was Noel explained how to stop that. Does the tank continue to drain if the city water is turned off?

I found Noel's post http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/fres...ml#post1917867

Hope it's the problem.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 06:04 AM   #6

I had similar problem. I could hear water flowing thru valve when hooked up to city water and if course water coming out overflow. 1/4 turn valve did nothing except spin around. Tech could not repair for several days so he suggested putting pressure on it as valve went bad. Put long screw driver between it and rv frame with lots of pressure and water stopped. Got me by for a week. Not high tech but it works.
rjcopters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 06:54 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Tom, I am a little confused. Is it the low point drain valve on the passenger side, or the overflow line that is siphoning and continuing to drain the tank? If it's the overflow line, there was a post awhile back where I believe it was Noel explained how to stop that. Does the tank continue to drain if the city water is turned off?

I found Noel's post http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/fres...ml#post1917867

Hope it's the problem.
I think what he's saying he has the tank drain valve open after flushing the tank and water continues to drain even with the fill valve closed. It would also go out the overflow if you closed the drain valve and the tank filled up. Like Ralph and my previous post said more than likely the check valve in the pump. Try the procedure in my previous post that Chuck pointed out, it has worked for me. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 05:27 AM   #8

Got back last night from doing Nashville to find my water turned off. I didn't bring my phone and had missed a call from the KOA campground. The office was closed when I tried to call back. I found that they had closed my tank drain valve, which I had left open, and water had been coming out the overflow. We are leaving here tomorrow for our PDI so I will be in good hands starting Monday morning. I will show them the posts. Btw, when the pump is on but no water is on in the coach the pump makes a different sound about every 20 seconds for about 2 seconds. It's more like a deep rumble. Maybe that is how the pump sounds when it has the problem Noel described. Again, thanks for all your inputs, much appreciated. Swen
Old 04-24-2015, 06:14 AM   #9

It is the pump check valve. Shurflow will replace no questions asked. PDI will replace as well so you are in good hands. Anytime you hear the pump make a noise and the water is not used in the coach that is the check valve. It will fill up your tank overnight. I had mine replaced at LD problem was solved. According to LD they replace a few of them from shurflow.
Old 04-24-2015, 06:47 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty56 View Post
It is the pump check valve. Shurflow will replace no questions asked. PDI will replace as well so you are in good hands. Anytime you hear the pump make a noise and the water is not used in the coach that is the check valve. It will fill up your tank overnight. I had mine replaced at LD problem was solved. According to LD they replace a few of them from shurflow.
May or may not be the same thing. If you unscrew the black cover on the water pump there is a small (1/2-3/4 in) spring-loaded disk which can stick. Pushing on the disk frees it up and the pump works fine. I only discovered this after replacing my pump and doing a post-mortem on the old pump. Now I have a spare.
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 02:26 AM   #11

Quote:

You were right. Factory replaced the pump yesterday, Fixed! We have worked thru various issues this week at the factory with total satisfaction. Just another reminder why we like Entegra so much.
Old 05-01-2015, 12:27 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Another reason for the pump to run in a short burst with no water in the coach being used is the check valve in the wet bay area where the fresh water hose from the reel attaches to the inlet to the coach. Mine had a small piece of debris stuck in this valve which caused a small leak back through the fresh water hose and on to the floor of the wet bay area.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fresh water, tank, water