Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-27-2016, 06:16 PM   #15

There is no way to describe the difference between the Ford and Spartan ride/drive/handling. When you get passed by a big rig in the Ford you look like When your in the Entegra you'll be

I can't really notice much difference with the IFS compared to my previous coach (Beaver/Monico) that had a straight front axle.

Waiting for the big day is killing right? It did me!
Tall Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-27-2016, 07:36 PM   #16

Does anyone have a grease fitting diagram? I'd like to know where they are so I can grease them properly
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 07:44 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Found the diagram using the search bar. http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/diag...ml#post2876791
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 07:46 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Found the diagram using the search bar. http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/tell...ml#post2140708
Thanks!
Old 12-27-2016, 08:19 PM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
As others have said you are going to be blown away by the ride of your new coach. My experience coming from a 39 foot diesel pusher on a 39k pound freight liner chassis to the 49k pound spartan was astonishing to me. First thing we noticed (not really the chassis) was we could actually hear each other just whispering. Our Anthem is quieter than our Grand Cherokee. As far as comparing the driving experience, it's night and day really. My previous coach was a good handling coach, but a passing semi or windy conditions would affect the coach a little. This Anthem is like a tank and just holds its track in those circumstances. Another thing I noticed is when pulling off of uneven surfaces, like say a driveway to pavement the freight liner would rock from side to side pretty dramatically. Again, the Anthem hardly notices and rolls out steady. Not sure if the ifs is helping with that or not , but it truly surpassed my expectations.

That freight liner rocking from side to side caused the glass tray in our convection microwave to come flying out and shattering one time in our early days of Rving. Yessir.. Gets the old heart pumping when things like that happen.

Congrats on your new bus!
UncleJamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 10:23 PM   #20

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
From a canyon star to an Insignia Newb questions

You will want it there too. You'll enjoy the same benefit you had on the CS.

The Safe T Plus is the best thing I put on my 13 Aspire except for switching the front tires to Michelins. I liked it so much I put one on my 17 Anthem.

Pat Bauer, President
Entegra Coach Owners Association
2017 Anthem DEQ
Ford Edge
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 12:24 PM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
Does anyone have a grease fitting diagram? I'd like to know where they are so I can grease them properly
I found the diagram from Spartan (especially for the front end) to be not much help at all. Once you get underneath and follow things back from the steering you will find it all makes sense.

By the way, does everyone know about the grease fitting that is under the rubber boot near the floor on the inside of the motorhome?

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 03:09 PM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
No haven't heard of a grease fitting on the inside. Can you provide a picture and/or a better description of the location. Thanks

Happy New Years
royals1212 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 06:53 PM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

You are going from what I consider to be the best gasoline powered class A coach to what is considered Entegra's entry level coach. However, as good as the Canyon Star is, it's still on a leaf spring Ford gasser chassis. As far as the Insignia being an "entry level" coach - that's Entegra's version of entry level and will be of much better quality than many mid-level coaches from other manufacturers so the term "entry level" is a misnomer.

I think you will find that the Insignia rides and handles great. I would hold off messing with it and installing any add-ons. Just get in it and drive it. If something seems off, get it checked over - grease the front end, check ride height, tire pressures, etc. After that, if you feel it still needs something you can look at that. Chances are you'll like it just as it is.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 06:30 AM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
Being one of the "add ons" I totally agree with Mark, lube it, load it, weigh it and drive it. Over 90% of the Entegra owners were perfectly satisfied right from the start. There are only a few of us that had what I called "not as good as my last coach. Yours will be 10x better than your last coach. I hope I didn't come across that you will need upgrades from day one....not the case. My shorter wheelbase floor plan puts more weight on my front end and I felt it.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 09:41 AM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by royals1212 View Post
No haven't heard of a grease fitting on the inside. Can you provide a picture and/or a better description of the location. Thanks

Happy New Years
Don't have a picture of the fitting but it is on the steering column underneath the rubber 12" high boot that is next to the brake pedal.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 09:47 AM   #26

Saw my first Insignia up close at beaver Coach Sales in Bend, OR yesterday. Wow, talk about value? What a great coach at that price point!

Very impressed. I think you're gonna love it.
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 10:22 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757driver View Post
Don't have a picture of the fitting but it is on the steering column underneath the rubber 12" high boot that is next to the brake pedal.
Is it a u-joint or a slip joint? Do you need to remove the screws holding the boot to the floor to get to the grease fitting?

Thanks
Tall Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 10:52 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzer View Post
You are going from what I consider to be the best gasoline powered class A coach to what is considered Entegra's entry level coach. However, as good as the Canyon Star is, it's still on a leaf spring Ford gasser chassis. As far as the Insignia being an "entry level" coach - that's Entegra's version of entry level and will be of much better quality than many mid-level coaches from other manufacturers so the term "entry level" is a misnomer.

I think you will find that the Insignia rides and handles great. I would hold off messing with it and installing any add-ons. Just get in it and drive it. If something seems off, get it checked over - grease the front end, check ride height, tire pressures, etc. After that, if you feel it still needs something you can look at that. Chances are you'll like it just as it is.
Yes, the our canyonstar is a very fine coach. But like any gas coach, it's loud and lacks the torque needed for mountainous trips which we plan to do. The Insignia lacks a few things that Aspire and Dutch star have like tag steer and IFS, but I can live without those. The first thing it will need is a smoking, bluetooth sound system which I will install along with my garmin. I'll hold off on the safe t steer for now, but retain it for future consideration. That's good advice
Thanks