Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-12-2020, 11:26 AM   #1

Front Awning alignment question

Our front awning works fine, but when stowed is not flush with front cap. About 1.5-2” sticks out. Thoughts?...thanksClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0252.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	355.3 KB
ID:	311075
Prairie Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-12-2020, 01:59 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Dog View Post
Our front awning works fine, but when stowed is not flush with front cap. About 1.5-2” sticks out. Thoughts?...thanksAttachment 311075

So I’m camped out close to 4 other Entegras here in Middlebury. Like you my front awning sits about 1-2” past the cap. The others are either flush or a bit behind the cap.

It is now on my list to figure out.
Old 12-12-2020, 02:03 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSW79 View Post
So I’m camped out close to 4 other Entegras here in Middlebury. Like you my front awning sits about 1-2” past the cap. The others are either flush or a bit behind the cap.

It is now on my list to figure out.

Thanks, let me know how it goes 🤙🏻
Old 12-12-2020, 04:03 PM   #4

We have had this problem, ours was caused buy the rod that runs the width of the awning not storing correctly. It was finally fixed by adjusting the shelf it stores on and adjusting the angel of the brackets of the main extension arms. If its the end of the awning with the motor on it the motor never see home position and will not shut off. It then over heats and trips the internal thermal protector and then the awning stops responding at all until it cools off but then overheats again in a viscous cycle until you hit the stop button. Carl in the service department at Beaver Coach finally got it adjusted correctly. Seems to be working much better now.
Old 12-12-2020, 04:32 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
It can be adjusted by by a pair of rheostats on the awning motors. Girard’s website has a set of detailed instructions on this adjustment. It is not difficult.
Les1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 04:48 PM   #6

First off, get up there and push in on the awning to see if it retracts all the way easily. If there are no obstructions, extend it out about a foot and you'll be able to see the adjusting screws to adjust the stop point of the motor. They say this is normal due to fabric stretching and mine needed a couple of adjustments over a year or so. Just turn 1/4 turn, retract and note the difference in the stop position. Then you'll know about how much to adjust.
Old 12-12-2020, 05:32 PM   #7

Front Awning alignment question

Quote:
Originally Posted by alank View Post
First off, get up there and push in on the awning to see if it retracts all the way easily. If there are no obstructions, extend it out about a foot and you'll be able to see the adjusting screws to adjust the stop point of the motor. They say this is normal due to fabric stretching and mine needed a couple of adjustments over a year or so. Just turn 1/4 turn, retract and note the difference in the stop position. Then you'll know about how much to adjust.

I got up there earlier today on my Little Giant [emoji23]and messed with it, pushing etc, no joy. I will have another look Monday. Thanks!
Old 12-15-2020, 03:23 PM   #8
GKW

Quote:
I got up there earlier today on my Little Giant [emoji23]and messed with it, pushing etc, no joy. I will have another look Monday. Thanks!

I have used the procedure on page 28 of 55 of the Gerard manual to adjust the travel. Don’t turn too much at once.

https://www.girardgroupcompanies.com...73922b6d5e.pdf
GKW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 04:03 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKW View Post
I have used the procedure on page 28 of 55 of the Gerard manual to adjust the travel. Don’t turn too much at once.

https://www.girardgroupcompanies.com...73922b6d5e.pdf

Thanks. I will try it. Looks very straightforward. Quarter turn= one inch. We will see what happens.
Old 12-15-2020, 06:31 PM   #10

Quote:
Thanks. I will try it. Looks very straightforward. Quarter turn= one inch. We will see what happens.
If you tried to push it in by hand and it wouldn't go, look at the elbow joint of the arms to see if they are fitting in the cassette before you do any adjusting of the retract screw. You may need arm adjustments.
Don't do retract screw adjustments if it won't push in easily.
Old 12-15-2020, 10:08 PM   #11

Funny, I have the same problem that I'll be looking at tomorrow. Mine is a little different Girard awning but I found a CD in the big folder of manuals that had pdf files with a bunch of different types of awnings. Like others have said, there are adjustments for the stop position on the awning motor. On my awning style, looks like the "retracted" adjustment is on the bottom of the motor. So now I have to find the motor.
GeezerViz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 02:55 PM   #12

Called Entegra today to ask where the awning motor was located. Was told either on the passenger side or the driver side, mid coach. CS couldn't tell me exactly where it was. Guess I'll have to empty the basement of all my stuffy stuff and crawl around in there because it isnt obvious. My coach is built closest to a '15 Aspire, so would appreciate any help if you know where it is. As an option, there is a rubber stopper on top of the cassette where I was told to remove the stopper and insert a long 7mm hex head attached to a screw gun. Found a short 7mm and a long extender but that didn't work because the hole isn't wide enough to accept the extender. Off to Amazon I go. Winding it in won't fix the problem of the stop point being too short though.
Old 12-22-2020, 04:48 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
GeezerViz
Your awning motor should be in the awning, not the basement. Also should be a tool, maybe in your bag of manuals for adjusting awnings.
Old 12-22-2020, 09:55 AM   #14

I see a wire coming out of the roof and going inside the "cassette". So the motor is inside there? Do you know how to access it? I guess I'll have to get up on the roof, to see what I can see, when it stops raining. Which around here might be June..lol.

Tags
alignment, awning