Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-24-2021, 05:58 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Front day shades

I had to change out my B+ solenoid due to it sticking (says parking brake is on even when off - THANKS Don for the older posts that put me on to that solution). Anyway after replacing it my Front day shades will no longer go down while driving (ignition on). Used to be no problem before changing B+ solenoid.

Also, these appear to be the original motors (believe it or not) so I don't see any programming button. 2014 Anthem

Later...
Ray
RayandWendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-25-2021, 11:31 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayandWendy View Post
I had to change out my B+ solenoid due to it sticking (says parking brake is on even when off - THANKS Don for the older posts that put me on to that solution). Anyway after replacing it my Front day shades will no longer go down while driving (ignition on). Used to be no problem before changing B+ solenoid.

Also, these appear to be the original motors (believe it or not) so I don't see any programming button. 2014 Anthem

Later...
Ray
Ray,

That is a strange one. Did you try a 12v reboot? On the original shade motors from 2014 there is no programming button, the adjustment is mechanical with those yellow 6” sticks that came with the motors.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 04:55 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Don,
Yes I tried 12v reboot, both chassis and house. No change.

Right now they work just like the night shades, fine with ignition off, nothing with ignition on.

As a side note, before the solenoid replacement they would go all the way down/up with one button push with ignition off. With ignition on they would only go down/up while you held the switch

Later...
Ray
Old 10-26-2021, 08:02 AM   #4

Ray, on mine (2014Aspire). With ignition on, day shades will only work in “steps” so to speak. I think they are designed to move incrementally down while driving. So as to not block your vision but allow you to block sun.

While camped, one push will lower/raise them completely. Pushing again, you can get them to stop at a desired height. Same with night shades while camped. When trying to get them to stop at a desired height, they may reverse themselves, push the button(s) again. They will stop. You can then move them incrementally up/down to desired height.

Hope this helps.
2017 Jeep JKU
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 08:06 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Tom,
This is exactly how mine used to work, before changing out the B+ solenoid.

Now they act like the night shades, nothing with the ignition on.

Later...
Ray
Old 10-26-2021, 12:06 PM   #6

Hello Ray, figured that was what you were saying
Sorry, no help
Good luck
2017 Jeep JKU
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 07:27 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I to had to replace my B+ solenoid, did the exchange my self. (Thanks to Don for the help with that) Did you do it or did you have it done. It appears to me that it could have been wired wrong, thus not providing power to the day shades when the ignition is on. You did not state if they worked when the ignition was off. I would look to see if all wires are attached and in there correct positions.
Oldguy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 07:30 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Did the work myself. Only four wires to take off and replace. It was a 15 minute job. Yes they still work with ignition off.

Later...
Ray
Old 10-28-2021, 08:41 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
I went back to the bay and stepped through everything I did. Only thing besides replacing the B+ solenoid was to reattach the black box lid (one with fuses and relays inside and external cooling fan).

The lid was only attached by one of the 2 thumb screws. Lined it up and attached both screws. After that is when the shades didn't work.

I went ahead and reattached the lid the way it was with only 1 screw barely hanging on. The shades now work!!! Went ahead and checked all the fuses and relays for proper seating and replaced the lid correctly. The shades still work. Go figure.

Later...
Ray
Old 10-29-2021, 03:44 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayandWendy View Post
I went back to the bay and stepped through everything I did. Only thing besides replacing the B+ solenoid was to reattach the black box lid (one with fuses and relays inside and external cooling fan).

The lid was only attached by one of the 2 thumb screws. Lined it up and attached both screws. After that is when the shades didn't work.

I went ahead and reattached the lid the way it was with only 1 screw barely hanging on. The shades now work!!! Went ahead and checked all the fuses and relays for proper seating and replaced the lid correctly. The shades still work. Go figure.

Later...
Ray
Ray,

That is a strange one indeed. Glad you found the solution and thanks for posting.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 05:56 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
The only thing I can think is that a fuse/relay in that box had a marginal connection and the tightening of the lid flexed the board enough.

Later...
Ray