Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-27-2020, 11:44 AM   #15

Perry legend in Columbia, Mo. is excellent. I went there just for alignment from Tx.
dredcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-28-2020, 03:13 PM   #16

Mr. Front End

Update: 8 new tires last week installed at Boulevard Tire in Punta Gorda and today a complete alignment by Mr. Front End in Punta Gorda.

I pulled in at 7:15 for a 7:30 appointment and shortly after checking in a Tech came out and introduced himself and asked a few questions. We went for a pre-work test ride and upon returning to the shop 2 spotters directed him onto the rack/pit Hunter alignment machine. The shop foreman and Tech then explained the process to me which would be check ride height, check 3 axle alignment , check camber/caster and toe in/out , check steering wheel , make any necessary corrections and an after work test ride/drive. It was about a 2 hour process.

The shop foreman and Tech backed the coach out and gave me their findings that all was good except steering wheel was off a spline or 2 and toe in was bad off , 5/8" on passenger front and 1/4" on driver front. No wonder terrible outer wear on right front !

Test ride/drive was awesome !

Based on my experience at both Boulevard Tire and Mr. Front End I would recommend them to anyone in the Punta Gorda, Port Charlotte area.

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 03:33 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Glad everything went well Brian, thanks for the update. Does Mr Front End do computer print outs of before and after?.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 07:08 PM   #18

Chuck if you're asking directly from the machine no they didn't offer one and I didn't ask as I never received a print out from the shop I use to take all our trucks to in my former working life but the corrections were on the Bill.

No RV anymore !
Old 10-29-2020, 03:52 AM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks for the follow up. I spend 4-5 months in the area, so always good to hear of a responsible shop.
Old 10-29-2020, 05:18 AM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayman View Post
Chuck if you're asking directly from the machine no they didn't offer one and I didn't ask as I never received a print out from the shop I use to take all our trucks to in my former working life but the corrections were on the Bill.
The only shop I have seen that that did the color graphic print out was Perry Legends in MO. I asked becasue I have a warranty alignment that needs to be done. From the print out at Perry Legends, Spartan paid for the alignment as I just had the alignment done at Spartan.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
Old 10-29-2020, 05:56 AM   #21

Chuck, Mr. Front End will work directly with Entegra on Warranty work as well as EW Plans but you've peaked my curiosity and I'm going to give them a call !

No RV anymore !
Old 04-27-2021, 08:31 AM   #22

Tiffin Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Another Vote for Josams!

I have taken my 2008 Tiffin (Spartan Chassis) to Josams. Barry did a great job of prioritizing my needs and vastly improving the ride and comfort of my Allegro Bus. The work performed was accurate and reasonably priced!

I am going back for more service next month! Highly Recommended!
pete5016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 05:32 PM   #23

What type of tire wear are you experiencing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayman View Post
Mr. Front End a commercial truck/RV alignment shop in Punta Gorda is close to our winter location and has been recommended by the local Punta Gorda Boulevard Tire dealer. A call to Mr. Front End and they are Spartan IFS capable.

I have had the front end and 3 axle alignment checked twice at Independent shops and at Spartan but still have abnormal left front tire wear.

Anyone ever use them or have any experience good or bad ?
\\

You didn't mention what type of tire wear you were experiencing!
I had mine checked today at Mike Gatto's Goodyear Truck center in Cocoa, Fl. On Us1. All was in specs.
I use to do Front End Alignment using Hunter Equipment Never on Trucks or RV's but the process is the same, but not as antiquated as what I used back in the 70's.
billb3672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 06:16 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by billb3672 View Post
\\

You didn't mention what type of tire wear you were experiencing!
I had mine checked today at Mike Gatto's Goodyear Truck center in Cocoa, Fl. On Us1. All was in specs.
I use to do Front End Alignment using Hunter Equipment Never on Trucks or RV's but the process is the same, but not as antiquated as what I used back in the 70's.
Front tires were edge wearing , DS inside edge PS outside edge and I was told by several shops including Spartan that it was " rivering " but I kept suggesting it was Camber which is what it turned out to be. Coach handled great didn't pull or feel off in anyway !

No RV anymore !
Old 04-30-2021, 09:07 AM   #25

Spectrac in Gilbert AZ

I just got my 2017 anthem out of the shop yesterday. Brought it down to filbert az to spectrac to get tag alignment, drive axle and front aligned as well. About 700 for the entire job, but worth every penny when tires are 1000 bucks. My tag was about an inch out. Chewed through two tag tires.
Jadurlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 11:20 AM   #26

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadurlin View Post
I just got my 2017 anthem out of the shop yesterday. Brought it down to filbert az to spectrac to get tag alignment, drive axle and front aligned as well. About 700 for the entire job, but worth every penny when tires are 1000 bucks. My tag was about an inch out. Chewed through two tag tires.
I don't feel bad now. The 21 with EZ steer was $749 and I thought that was high.

Tags
alignment