RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-22-2020, 10:54 AM   #1

Front End Alignment

Mr. Front End a commercial truck/RV alignment shop in Punta Gorda is close to our winter location and has been recommended by the local Punta Gorda Boulevard Tire dealer. A call to Mr. Front End and they are Spartan IFS capable.

I have had the front end and 3 axle alignment checked twice at Independent shops and at Spartan but still have abnormal left front tire wear.

Anyone ever use them or have any experience good or bad ?
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-22-2020, 11:11 AM   #2

Brian, I have no experience with that shop (Mr. Front End), but I would tell you that based on some inquiry I did while at Spartan for a class, it doesn't take much to become a Spartan authorized service center.

Given where you are, I would make the relatively short drive to Josam Truck & Frame Alignment in Orlando. They have an excellent reputation with regard to all-wheel motorhome alignment work, and they've been doing it for almost 30 years.

More info here:

https://josamusa.com
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 11:16 AM   #3

Sometimes a by the book, within the range, alignment will not get the desired results. That is why an experienced tech is worth their rate.
Do26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 12:55 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Brian,
2nd vote for Josams, or depending on where you are currently at, the other choice would be Perry Legend in Columbia, MO. Given you have been to 3 already take it to one of these 2.
jwprosser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 04:37 PM   #5

Remember, if you have the same tires still on the front axle, the uneven wear will never “go away”. Even after a perfectly executed alignment the excessive wear on one of the tires will still show. That is why it is so important to check your wear almost every time you drive your rig so to identify uneven wear immediately. As soon as you see a problem take the rig to a reputable shop. Needless to say incorrect tire pressure and loading can affect your tire wear also.

Tor
2017 Anthem 44B
737 Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 04:41 PM   #6

Also, ride height should always be checked and set before alignment.

Tor
2017 Anthem 44B
737 Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 06:11 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 737 Driver View Post
Also, ride height should always be checked and set before alignment.

Tor

2017 Anthem 44B

Tor

I second everything you said!! Spot on
Joe
FLOWERSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 06:15 PM   #8

I had an alignment about 4 years ago at JOSAM and just last week at Gemini Services in Zeeland MI using the Hunter machine. I had noticed outer wear on the passengers side and inner wear on the front tires on the drivers side. Got to watch the entire process with the reading before the alignment and afterwards. Adjustments were needed to correct caster/camber with some shims being used. The front tires now are noisy with roadway noise. I noticed some cracking on the sidewalls and will now be replacing the drive tires in the next couple weeks. From this point on, I will be closely monitoring the front tires and address it immediately if any signs of abnormal wear.
Old 09-22-2020, 07:13 PM   #9

Thanks for the replies. I am aware of JOSAM's in Orlando
and also of Florida Spring & Axle in Ft. Myers as both being highly recommended.
Spartan Factory Service last year checked ride height and alignment and declared all was to Specs.
I am making arrangements for new tires at Boulevard Tire in Punta Gorda who recommended Mr. Front End. I was hopeful someone on the Forum might have used them and could give comment.
Old 09-22-2020, 08:30 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
We have not used Mr. Front End for an alignment but we do use them for other work on our coach. Also know of other Entegra owners in the area who have used them extensively. We’ve never had, and have never heard, a complaint about their work. They have been timely, reasonable and have done quality work every time we have used them. Our good friends had them do interior work on their unit including replacing the refrigerator. They have always been happy with the results. We have used Josams in the past for alignment, didn’t realize they did it at Mr. Front End. If their other work is an indicator, they will be better than most.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 07:14 AM   #11

Goldie & Rick, Thank You for your comments. I knew some forum member must have gone there for some type of service and while I understand it wasn't an alignment at least you and others you know were satisfied with their service.
Thanks Again !
Old 09-23-2020, 07:29 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
I spend winters near Punta Gorda so am interested in possible places for service. Great to hear of a local shop.
Tim Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 11:47 AM   #13

Brian, I was just in contact with some "close friends" of yours (I'm sure you know who I mean). They offered to send you a warped yardstick, a big hammer, and a couple of Crescent wrenches so you can do the alignment yourself and save a boatload of money! You're welcome.
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 05:19 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWBAZ View Post
Brian, I was just in contact with some "close friends" of yours (I'm sure you know who I mean). They offered to send you a warped yardstick, a big hammer, and a couple of Crescent wrenches so you can do the alignment yourself and save a boatload of money! You're welcome.
As you know those former Navy and Coast Guard members are always willing to " help " us former " grunts " and then there's always DITTO ( Joe ) but at least he buys ALL the really good tools Harbor Freight has to offer !

Larry , Thanks for looking out for me !

Tags
alignment