Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-01-2019, 09:38 AM   #1

Front Furnace not showing up on thermostat controller

I had to have my front (of three) AC/HP Zone 1 unit replaced. The shop in Lake Havasu ybss AS t ordered in the exact replacement and installed it seemed great. Didn’t confirm all systems when picking the rig up and heading out on a 30 day trip.
We did confirm the AC and HP did work.
When we got up to cold country we discovered the FURN option didn’t show up any longer on the thermostat screen for Zone 1 no longer shows up! Therefore, no Zone 1 furnace option nor heat!
Any help or thoughts appreciated. We are 2000 miles from the shop who installed new roof unit.
sjshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-01-2019, 11:17 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Year of coach would help. Thermostat's were changed just about every other year. When you said roof units, sounds like you are talking heat pumps? Gary Jones had all of his replaced from hail damage. Guess what, the dealer installed the same units without heat pumps. Double check they installed a heat pump model.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 11:28 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Chuck, his profile is showing a 2012 Cornerstone 45 RBQ.
Gasman 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 03:05 PM   #4

Did you unplug the back of the thermostat and do a full reset? If not call the manufacturer, I do not remember the sequence . If you did, I would think a wire was missed on the reinstall.
Dieselgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 03:25 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasman 2 View Post
Chuck, his profile is showing a 2012 Cornerstone 45 RBQ.
Glad you told me, I don't know anything about a 2012.
Old 10-01-2019, 05:07 PM   #6

thanks Gasman2 Yes it is a 2012 Corerstoobe RBQ. I agree the installer of the new front AC/HP unit must have messed up something in the wiring up at the roof unit. All the roof units work (including the new Zone 1 unit) work on both AC and electric HP. Bigger issue is the Zone 1 Furn no longer show up at the thermostat. Prior ro new unit install all worked perfect since new... never an issue. Another further ideas or thoughts?
Old 10-02-2019, 06:41 AM   #7

SJS

Could'nt resist taking this poke.... "2012 Dorerstoobe" is not a common Entegra model and we all are going to need to dredge our memories a bit harder for that model.... --- ----

Sure sounds like a wiring issue (or the wrong model.... I got 3 of them installed by some really good repair people!!!!)(the model numbers were "similar"). Is your repair dealer close to you.... if so, a trip back there would be in order if you just don't enjoy climbing around on your roof....

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 06:49 AM   #8

SJS

Just re-read your first post....

You say you checked the HP and AC and both worked. However, you later say that the "FURNACE" does not show up. Not sure what you mean. There is no furnace on an Entegra coach (until recent smaller models). All Entegra Coaches from ~ 2010 have had heat provided by either a heat pump working in reverse from an AC unit on the roof, or either a propane fired AguaHot unit or a diesel fired AquaHot unit. The Aspire rigs tended to have propane fired units and the Anthem and Cornerstone had diesel fired units. Now, none of those AquaHot units would be generally called a "furnace". Regardless, the AquaHot would be on its own circuits and switching.

Maybe I am reading this all wrong. Help me get a better handle on your problem by giving me some more information.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 11:14 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshoes View Post
I had to have my front (of three) AC/HP Zone 1 unit replaced. The shop in Lake Havasu ybss AS t ordered in the exact replacement and installed it seemed great. Didn’t confirm all systems when picking the rig up and heading out on a 30 day trip.
We did confirm the AC and HP did work.
When we got up to cold country we discovered the FURN option didn’t show up any longer on the thermostat screen for Zone 1 no longer shows up! Therefore, no Zone 1 furnace option nor heat!
Any help or thoughts appreciated. We are 2000 miles from the shop who installed new roof unit.
Try taking the cover off the thermostat and pull the glass fuse for 5 minutes to reset the unit and give it a try after.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 02:20 PM   #10

I f this is a Dometic they probably failed to set the DIP switches in the AC correctly.

Can go to the Dometic web page and find out what switch controls the furnace and go up on the roof and set it in the proper position. If I is set wrong the furnace function does not show up on the thermostat.

You can also call the Yahoo that installed the unit and they can tell you what to do.

Good luck
00 Buckshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 02:43 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Day 3, what was the fix? Now that cold weather is getting here someone else may have the same problem.
Old 10-14-2019, 10:27 AM   #12

I'm heading back out to the bus tomorrow and will check the dip switches when I get there. Your response makes the most sense to me and I'm pretty sure this is what happened. Will report back once I get there and take a look
Old 10-19-2019, 06:25 AM   #13

Don’s suggestion about fuse is interesting, I had a similar occurrence with thermostat, lost zone one. I reset the ‘salesman’/12v switch by the front step and it came back. I’ll have to remember that as well.
Interested in what you find out.
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 07:27 PM   #14

I had the same issue. I had to replace the front or Zone 1 unit and couldn’t get the Aquahot to show up on the thermostat. The control box for my new unit is on the roof. I pulled the top cover and found the metal box with the dip switches on the passenger side. Just had to switch one dip switch to on ( number 8 I think) and reset the thermostat. Works like a charm now.

Tags
furnace, thermostat, ace