Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-02-2017, 04:18 PM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The generator has already been shimmed and the pex tubing modification done. Ted Cook went under the dash and found wood blocks that had one screw holding them together and one set of blocks that weren't even screwed together. All of the blocks have been secured properly and a bunch of expanding foam added per Mr. Cook. As usual, Mr. Cook has been great in trying to identify the problem.

There is not a true authorized Spartan service center in the Memphis area. Cummins Mid-South is technically one, but only for the most minor of things. There is a local heavy truck shop, Leland Sowells, that Spartan authorizes to conduct repairs. When the ball joint recall was being prepared at Spartan they worked with him to do the work on my coach and refine the steps for the recall before it was released.

My dealership has already been in discussions with Entegra about the coach being brought back. I am going to push for that to happen as soon as possible.
Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-02-2017, 07:36 PM   #16

Our 16 Anthem had a front air issue like you are describing. We took it to a local RV shop and he had to re-cut some of the tubing so they were perfectly square. It seems that sometimes the air tubes will leak once they are inserted into the connections if the ends are not square. Since that repair we have had no issues and the coach front end will stay up for about a week while parked. The fluctuating of the air pressure on the monitor has also been fixed. It took the shop quite awhile to find the leaks but the combination of several meant a pretty good leak was occurring.
waterboy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 08:21 PM   #17

I would ask Entegra to arrange for it to go to Spartan as it is very likely a chassis issue since you have dealt with the genny problem. All JMHO
Old 07-02-2017, 09:04 PM   #18

Brian, thanks for the kind words, but only thank me when we figure this out.

Mine also still has that heavy single pop when transiting a curb, most often when the coach lurches sideways as it travels diagonally. The ball joint recall had zero effect on this.

I like the idea of checking each fastener. I don't know if I brought all my ultra big sockets, but I've got everything else for that job.

Our front air also fluctuates as you describe. I'm pretty sensitive to that for reasons described elsewhere. Interestingly enough, we launched on this trip north and a few hours into the trip had a CEL for LOW AIR, again. It hasn't reoccurred, but every mile is a new adventure.

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with this coach, but the challenges seem to keep coming. Ask me about my field repair to the hokey hydraulic reservoir cap. Threading stamped metal rarely lasts long.

So far, we've visited NIRVC once, and Cummins twice. None of these trips was optional, and I'm hoping we don't make any more friends in the service of this coach, until our visit to Middlebury next year.

I thank Brett and his crew in Lewisville for fixing enough stuff for us to get down the road until the PDI.

Just keep the pressure on and eventually things will get worked out. Feel free to call me anytime. I forget if I gave you my number, but PM me if you need it.

Each day offers new opportunities to learn, and to enjoy our new coach. Patience is the key right now.

Best Regards,

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 12:07 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian W View Post
I really haven't paid attention to the amount of time between fluctuation. With this popping noise problem I am just looking at anything/everything that could be a cause. The most annoying part is that it isn't constant. I could hit every bump in a road and no noises, then all of a sudden even the slightest road imperfection and it starts all over again. Ted Cook wants the ride height to be checked also, and have it set to plus .5 if I remember correctly, whatever that means.

I am currently in New Orleans at Ponchatrain Landing, but when I return home I am going to have the dealership call Entegra and get it up there to be looked at.
Could it be a spring popping in and out of position when our coach was new ours would occasionally pop in the middle of the night. Like it settled back where it should be.
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 12:11 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVsCoach View Post
Could it be the generator causing the knocking/popping noise? I believe Brobox had some pex placed into the slide out to stop some noises. Sorry I just don't recall the specifics.
I think that was for a squeaking noise
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 05:15 AM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
I am gong to throw something out there just to see after the "professionals" look at it. I had a vast amount of problems with the factory installed Bilstein shocks...others have not. Not having driven the coach, that may not be the problem at all but worth having them check.

If it goes back to the factory, try to accompany it so you can do the test drive each day.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 06:09 AM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Regarding Front air and Rear air, are there two compressors or one compressor and two reservoirs? Does Front air supply air bags and rear air supply brakes?
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 06:30 AM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian W View Post
I have had my '17 Aspire for close to 5 months now, and it has spent the majority of that time at different shops trying to figure out a problem with no success so far.

Matt D from this forum has been great at giving me ideas at what to look for as I am not the most mechanically inclined. I really appreciate his help and wanted to thank him publicly.

My problem is a popping/knocking sound in the front end. To date my dealership has worked on it with input from both Spartan and Entegra with no success. The coach was taken to a heavy duty truck shop that inspected the suspension components and could find no problems. Ted Cook from Entegra came to my dealership and test drove the unit multiple times and thought he had figured it out, but my current trip proves the problem still persists. Over 90 days of shop time so far on this coach.

In trying to figure this out we now have our phones set to video mode and start filming when this problem rears it's ugly head. I would post one of the videos, but for some reason the APP will not allow me to do it. Matt D has seen the video since I e-mailed it to him.

I have noticed on trips that my rear air stays at about 135 PSI but the front continually fluctuates between 110 and 135.
[ATTACH]

Is this normal, or do I have a air leak?

Think I am going to insist the coach be returned to Entegra/Spartan until this issue is resolved. The rest of the coach has been great, but this problem has me worried that damage is being done to the coach.

Aren't those guages just the air in the brake system??
chuckster52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 06:35 AM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
A buddy of mine just took delivery of a Aspire B and it too had a popping sound when making a turn or parking.

The Guys at RVOne figured out that Entegra Coach installed the front jacks to close to the Spartan front suspension system. It seems the jack pads were getting jam in with the front shocks, causing that popping sound.

They are working with Entegra now to get the jacks re-mounted and the pads replaced so he can get his coach back.

Good luck.
Old 07-03-2017, 07:21 AM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
Regarding Front air and Rear air, are there two compressors or one compressor and two reservoirs? Does Front air supply air bags and rear air supply brakes?
One compressor and 3 air tanks.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 08:04 AM   #26

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvbusguy View Post
A buddy of mine just took delivery of a Aspire B and it too had a popping sound when making a turn or parking.

The Guys at RVOne figured out that Entegra Coach installed the front jacks to close to the Spartan front suspension system. It seems the jack pads were getting jam in with the front shocks, causing that popping sound.

They are working with Entegra now to get the jacks re-mounted and the pads replaced so he can get his coach back.

Good luck.

I know that the jacks are one of the things that were looked at. I'll have to ask if they looked for them being to close to the suspension.

To the best of my knowledge, the following have been checked:

1. Jacks attached properly, I believe just for tightness.

2. Generator - As mentioned earlier, several modifications have been done.

3. Shocks mounted properly.

4. Ball Joint recall

5. All suspension parts inspected, and checked for proper tightness.

6. Under dash inspected and several wood mounting blocks properly secured, and expanding foam added in several places.

7. Ted Cook took the coach and we found a area with a steep incline. He then drove the coach to the incline to get the different axles on a different angle. No noises present when this was done.

8. Generator was strapped down front to back, and side to side.

9. Generator slide front readjusted and a bulb seal added.

10. Generator slide front completely removed, and a test drive completed..

11. Slides checked for something, can't recall what it was.

12. There is a metal access plate that has been braced.

The truck shop owner suggested that it could even be the house is not mounted to the chassis properly.

We are heading back home tomorrow, and I will be getting with my dealership and EC as soon as EC returns from their break.
Old 07-03-2017, 09:27 AM   #27

Entegra does a lot of frame support welding along with additional box bracing. Hope all the bracing welds have been checked. Tommy
Ourrvtrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 05:49 PM   #28

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Frustrating Issue

The process has started for me to bring the coach back to Entegra. I have never been there for service, but have been there for the factory tour. I have been to the Fleetwood service center, and am guessing it works the same as far as starting very early and getting your coach back at the end of each day if possible.

Does Entegra have scales to weigh the coach? Would really like to get this done while there if possible. If they end up taking the suspension apart and I can't get the coach back at night, is there a recommended hotel nearby?

Thanks for all the help and suggestions, it is really appreciated.

Respectfully,
Brian

Tags
rust