Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-14-2017, 06:45 AM   #43
gjw

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by cewgcw View Post
Have a great trip Chuck. Hopefully with no issues.

Clayton,
Hope you and Gail are doing well and you are enjoying Maine - see you later this year at CT...
2020 Chevy Equinox Premier 2.0T 2LZ FWD
gjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-04-2017, 07:07 AM   #44

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Update:

Been at Entegra service center for a week and looks like they finally found the culprit.

There are 3 wood sections that the dash is attached to. 1 straight piece and 2 curved sections. It appears the factory was in a rush when my dash was installed and they didn't bother attaching the left curved section with more than 1 screw.

After Entegra/Spartan/Reyco Granning had went through things the first couple of days the popping noises were still there during 2 test drives. Once they found the dash issue, and secured it properly, 2 test drives have resulted in no popping.

I know there were some concerns with the Spartan guys here, but they were absolutely great in dealing with my coach. They found several issues I didn't even know about and corrected them, and I can definitely tell the difference when driving the coach.

The following people deserve at least a public thanks from me. Mike Lucas, Herb, Cliff, Lucas, Matt, RJ, and Steve.
Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 07:14 AM   #45

Entegra Owners Club
Hopefully you can start to enjoy your coach now!!! Glad they were able to finally figure it out.
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 07:18 AM   #46

Congrats on getting this one figured out. [emoji106]
swberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 07:47 AM   #47

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
" They found several issues I didn't even know about and corrected them, and I can definitely tell the difference when driving the coach."

Can you share in case we have these issues and don't know either???
RMatusick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 09:40 AM   #48

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMatusick View Post
" They found several issues I didn't even know about and corrected them, and I can definitely tell the difference when driving the coach."

Absolutely! My steer tires were replaced due to being Goodyear junk and the alignment shop didn't tighten the hub covers properly. They were found to be extremely loose.

Front right ride height was way below where it was supposed to be set. They adjusted to proper height.

Air governor was set at 105, supposed to be 120.

Found steering kingpin to be bone dry. Greased as required.
Old 08-04-2017, 12:04 PM   #49

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Ignore my update. Sitting at a truck stop 2 hours South of Middlebury waiting on a call back from Entegra as the noise has returned.
Old 08-04-2017, 12:51 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian W View Post
Ignore my update. Sitting at a truck stop 2 hours South of Middlebury waiting on a call back from Entegra as the noise has returned.
Oh bummer...I guess your heading back?
They need a 1 mile section of California highway in Middlebury, strictly for test purposes
jeffnjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 04:25 PM   #51

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Frustrating Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffnjen View Post
Oh bummer...I guess your heading back?
They need a 1 mile section of California highway in Middlebury, strictly for test purposes

Unfortunately had to come back to Entegra. Going to try to make a positive out of it though. With the coach spending so much time in shops we haven't had the chance to truly organize everything. Going to take the weekend and get everything cleaned up and organized.
Old 08-04-2017, 04:28 PM   #52

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMatusick View Post

Forgot one important thing. My steering wheel has always been about 15 degrees to the left and everyone I have talked to said it just needed to be moved a spline or two.

Well the Spartan techs found the tie rod adjustment sleeve clamp installed incorrectly. They installed it correctly and my steering wheel is now straight as an arrow.
Old 08-05-2017, 10:45 AM   #53

Brian. Call Chris McCord at Spartan 517.543.6400 extension 3235. Ask him about the "shim kit" or composite washer for the front wheel bearings.

I have often complained about an occasional pop from the front end when turning sharply and going over a bump/ramp at the same time. I just took it as the nature of the beast but talking with Chris he has indicated on several occasions there is a bearing shim kit or composite washer to prevent "that" popping sound.

I do not know anything about it because it was never a guaranteed fix, it costs $800 with the complete spindle kit required to install it and I didn't think the noise was worth fixing personally for that much money when I was usually spending more than that at Spartan getting other things taken care of and no one was real forthcoming with what the kit included or did exactly so it sounded like a little black magic or just extra shop work.

Chris could enlighten you as to what he was describing, what it affects and if it would apply to your situation. Mention the anti-popping kit Al Cline has asked about before and see if it might affect your situation.

I, too, was hoping the ball joint recall might eliminate the popping noise in the front end but it seems to have had no effect. I was just glad to get it back with a "no recall problem found" and find it drives and steers the same way I have worked it to get it to over the past three years. In other words I was just happy nothing got screwed up and no problem surfaced doing the recall. I did not want to spend the extra $800 for the anti-popping kit Chris has mentioned in the past which could have been installed at the same time.
Old 08-06-2017, 03:11 AM   #54

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Frustrating Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jestal View Post
Brian. Call Chris McCord at Spartan 517.543.6400 extension 3235. Ask him about the "shim kit" or composite washer for the front wheel bearings.

Jestal,

Yeah, I read about the shim kit a couple of months ago and the current noise appears to be somewhere in the dash. They are talking about sending the coach back to production and pulling the dash. The hard popping noises appear to have been fixed.

The one in the steering wheel area of the dash isn't a loud popping and you can go hours without hearing it. When it does start, it won't stop even on the smoothest of roads. I almost get the feeling that someone left some construction debris in the dash.

Brian
Old 08-10-2017, 09:42 AM   #55

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Latest update:

Am back home after a week and a half in beautiful Middlebury. The popping is unfortunately still happening. I left knowing there was still a occasional slight pop, but on the long drive back to Memphis it sort of reared it's ugly head again. The noise is most noticeable in low speed turns when there is a transition from one level road to another, and when the front end lifts. The lift I am talking about is the kind of feeling you get when you know it's going to porpoise a time or two. There is also the occasional pop for no reason regardless of road condition.

The popping is not as loud, so that is a positive. The people at Entegra tried their best, and when I left we really thought we had gotten it to a mild occasional annoyance. Everyone at Entegra was great, and unlike another manufacturer I had previously, I genuinely feel they will do what it takes to resolve the problem.

Have 2 good trips coming up, so maybe it will magically fix itself somehow. I am also going to put the PEX tubing on the generator slide rails and see if that might help. If neither of those work, will have to see what Entegra wants to do going forward.

Brian
Old 08-10-2017, 09:51 AM   #56

Entegra Owners Club
Brian, out of curiosity, have the shocks been changed?.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
rust